Wow is our Defense bad

Travis9

but you can pin this loss squarely on the shoulders of Mr. Ganz. Yes the all american boy everyone has been pining over and claiming the second coming. The one everyone says should have started from day one. For the first time, his continuous bad passes, mis-throws and gunslinger attitude(without a gunslinger arm) caught up to him. The defense had played ok we are up 11 with the ball and ganz makes 2 more awful throws back to back and momentum changed and boom game over. He has made several awful throws since he took over it wasnt until now however that it hurt him. his arm is weak, the ball sails, and his accuracy is lacking. Blame Callahan all you want but he didnt throw those passes, what he did do was put ganz and the offense in the right play, Mr. Ganz just made terrible throws.

I dont care who stays as coach or who comes in. Its no different in my opinion, if our success depends on Petersen and Swift at WR and Ganz at QB we are in for a long season again.

Go ahead and rip me all you want, i have said it from the beginning, Ganz is not very good, he is simply a guy that knows the system really well. Well the system will be different but his lack of accuracy, arm strength and overall ability will stil be the same

This loss is squarely on Ganz

but you can pin this loss squarely on the shoulders of Mr. Ganz. Yes the all american boy everyone has been pining over and claiming the second coming. The one everyone says should have started from day one. For the first time, his continuous bad passes, mis-throws and gunslinger attitude(without a gunslinger arm) caught up to him. The defense had played ok we are up 11 with the ball and ganz makes 2 more awful throws back to back and momentum changed and boom game over. He has made several awful throws since he took over it wasnt until now however that it hurt him. his arm is weak, the ball sails, and his accuracy is lacking. Blame Callahan all you want but he didnt throw those passes, what he did do was put ganz and the offense in the right play, Mr. Ganz just made terrible throws.

I dont care who stays as coach or who comes in. Its no different in my opinion, if our success depends on Petersen and Swift at WR and Ganz at QB we are in for a long season again.

Go ahead and rip me all you want, i have said it from the beginning, Ganz is not very good, he is simply a guy that knows the system really well. Well the system will be different but his lack of accuracy, arm strength and overall ability will stil be the same

Of course it is... after all he's the only player on the team and handles all the coaching duties as well. :sarcasm

Travis... I don't disagree with much of what you said...... If people are going to give Joe credit for his great play....then they better take of the "I hate BC" glasses and pin some of the blame on Joe.... He made poor throws the entire 2nd half...... I don't want to sound like Joe is the reason we lost, because he isn't, but he didn't do much the 2nd half.....

We still need big time WR....more of the Mo type..... I lvoe the heart of Swift and company...but you have to catch balls....

This team collapsed and that will get pinned on BC (as it probably should as the HC), but when the kids don't throw well, or catch well it is a complet TEAM MELT DOWN....

I still have faith in Joe to compete for the #1 job next year regardless of the coach.....He has done a LOT MORE POSITIVE than negative... it is just too bad for him, that his negative happened at the wrong time.....

Travis... I don't disagree with much of what you said...... If people are going to give Joe credit for his great play....then they better take of the "I hate BC" glasses and pin some of the blame on Joe.... He made poor throws the entire 2nd half...... I don't want to sound like Joe is the reason we lost, because he isn't, but he didn't do much the 2nd half.....

We still need big time WR....more of the Mo type..... I lvoe the heart of Swift and company...but you have to catch balls....

This team collapsed and that will get pinned on BC (as it probably should as the HC), but when the kids don't throw well, or catch well it is a complet TEAM MELT DOWN....

I still have faith in Joe to compete for the #1 job next year regardless of the coach.....He has done a LOT MORE POSITIVE than negative... it is just too bad for him, that his negative happened at the wrong time.....

IT is still a team sport. Ganz can't win or lose by himself.

Last 7 Games.......

NU is 1 - 6

In those 7 games we have taken 1 INT and lost 16 turnovers - Negative 15 in takeaways

Opponents average 263 yards in the air & 263 on the ground (NICE BALANCE) Average Yards Given up 526 per game.

NU Is averaging 31.7 points

Opponents averaging 46 PPG

Average 1st half scoring NU 18.1 OPP 22.7

Average 2nd half score NU 13.6 OPP 23.3

The only game we improved in at halftime statistically was OSU they won the 1st half 38-0 and we one the 2nd 14-7.....talk about garbage points. Every other game we got worse over halftime.

Our defense is HORRIBLE, our (EX-)coaches can't adjust. Ganz KNOWS he must score in the 50's to have a chance to win. That helps create a "gunslinger" attitude. Especially in college, after 4 years, everything falls to the coaches.....and it will, tomorrow!

I am not going to rip you for having your opinion but I do disagree. Yes, Ganz threw the ball behind or over the recievers many times....however, IMO, if a reciever can touch, squarlely in his hands, he should have caught the ball regardless of weather it was high or behind him. How about the balls that were right on the money that were dropped? Ganz did not play his best game but this loss is not on him. Many times the offense has been out of sync this year because of desperation play based on the situtation the D has put the Offense in...IMO, this once again was the case even tough it may not have been quite as obvious.

sorry..double post.

It's okay, it was worth reading twice :) I thought that Joe did pretty well for his second start. I wouldn't say that it is are his fault at all. He had a couple of screwy passes, but the receivers had a couple of screwy faults. I don't think that this loss is are anyone's fault in particular-- however when 50+ is are not enough to win a game, the defense is are far worse than Joe is... are.

you are exactly right. although callahan didnt help with all the throwing in the 2nd half the throwing by ganz was off for sure. floating balls when he probly should have ran and throwing those pics obviously helped cu in this win.. well it should all be uphill from here starting tomarrow eve when callahan is officially gone!

you are exactly right. although callahan didnt help with all the throwing in the 2nd half the throwing by ganz was off for sure. floating balls when he probly should have ran and throwing those pics obviously helped cu in this win.. well it should all be uphill from here starting tomarrow eve when callahan is officially gone!

Yeah, but experience improves decision making. If he's still making bad decisions like that after 12 or 15 starts then that criticism has more grounds.

I don't think the defense was that bad. Sure, they didn't block all that good but they made up for it by not tackling... :sarcasm

This loss is squarely on Nebraska's defense and coaching staff. Why do you attempt 4th and 8 from the 25 instead tying with a field goal, and then not attempt 4th and 1 at the 50 when trailing by two touchdowns with 12 minutes left? Why do you not at least attempt to establish any kind of running game in the second half?

This loss is squarely on Nebraska's defense and coaching staff. Why do you attempt 4th and 8 from the 25 instead tying with a field goal, and then not attempt 4th and 1 at the 50 when trailing by two touchdowns with 12 minutes left? Why do you not at least attempt to establish any kind of running game in the second half?

You can't put this on Ganz. Coach at the time Callahan comes out of the lockerroom up by 11 and gets a three and out. Instead of establishing any running game, the jacka$$ wants to throw it on every down. Even after the pick and DTD by sCUm, Neb still has the lead and continues to have Ganz throw. The is on coaching, or lack of that's been a part of the program since the a$$hole has been coach here.