Just something to note. It's the end of the 3rd period LSU vs Arkansas. The game is tied at 21.

Bo's defense has given up 265 yards rushing.

People here like to get all crazy about the suggestion of Houston Nutt coming here (Not my preference). Everybody wants Bo. I'm not saying anything. Decide for yourself. LSU has given up 265 yards rushing to Arkansas with 15 minutes left to play.

(originally posted in rumor mill by mistake- My Bad)

Well they do have a Heisman canidate (McFadden) and another good back in Felix Jones for what its worth.

NOt trying to start anything..... I see Red people.....you say that you can't put everything on the coach.... you may want to spread the word on this board.....because most are doing a nice job of doing that to BC....

I'm not trying to start anything either, but it's the players that play the game, so they have to bear some responsibility. Having said that, I still think that BC needs to go. His players do not have passion because of him, if they have it at all.

Hell yes he can fix it...

He can first and foremost kick some asses and take some names - freak'n kids dogged it this year...

He can teach them how to run freak'n base D - like knowing your BASIC gap responsibility.

He can install a real zone coverage scheme and then layer in unpredicable blitz packages (confuse O's).

Defense is not rocket science, it's 85% Emotion and 15% x's and o's

Fly to the ball - srtip the ball - wreck havoc....

Where is it you coach? Or are you still playing?

Break down zone coverage schemes for us, will you? Show us your vast knowledge.

Just something to note. It's the end of the 3rd period LSU vs Arkansas. The game is tied at 21.

Bo's defense has given up 265 yards rushing.

People here like to get all crazy about the suggestion of Houston Nutt coming here (Not my preference). Everybody wants Bo. I'm not saying anything. Decide for yourself. LSU has given up 265 yards rushing to Arkansas with 15 minutes left to play.

Bo is not the one on the field. Tough to put it all on the coach. They are pretty highly ranked you know, they do more things right than wrong. I see your point.

I know I'm alittle late to this party but WHAT???

Boy talK about a double standard. You can blame the LSU kids but not the Nebraka kids???? Give me freaking break. Our players needed to play and the didn't. AGAIN!

Arkansas ran 53 times for 394 yards and down goes LSU. Bo didn't save LSU's dream season. That takes awhole staff and a full team of players. So why do so many people seem to think all we have to do is hire Bo and all will be fixed?

Pelini isn't a miracle worker. He might not be any better of a HC than Callahan.

And yes I know McFadden is an awesome player. He should have won the Heisman last year. But Arkansas is still one of the cellar dwellars in the SEC. LSU should have rolled them.

Just a reality check to balance all of the Bogasms going on out there. Personally I prefer Monte Kiffin myself.

Countdown to press conference begins..............

Monte Kiffin was one of the creators of the famed Tampa 2 coverage. You wanna know something? That's the SAME FRICKIN SCHEME Bo Pelini uses.

All the people griping about the best candidates out there are just worried about staying mediocre. The ex-coaching staff has just made everyone gun-shy about this. Don't be cynical people. We've got Tom Osborne at the controls.

...Shouldn't you expect a one-dimensional running team to be good at it? Arkansas imposed their will on LSU. It set the tone for the entire game. You can't defend Pelini on that.

...Tom Osborne wasn't just a good coach because he knew the x's and o's, and what have you. It was because he delegated roles to people who were good at their jobs and made them love to work with him. If whoever comes in, brings in a great staff, it'll all be cherry. Which is why I like Pelini, in that I trust him more to bring in a great staff.

agree, and Arkansas want to can Nutt? now those guys are crazy

Just think your boy Pud wanted this guy. It was a good win but the guy is still a shady person and an average coach.

I agree with the original poster. It is a proven fact that Pelini's defenses have a history of struggling against running QB. Crap McFadden isn't even a QB. It looked pretty much like what Brad Smith, El Roberson, and Vince Young did to us in 03. I really don't know if this guy is the answer. I'll support him if he comes but I just don't know.

Also if anyone is interested in what LSU fans are saying about Pelini go look at one of their boards. I've seen people saying he and Miles can both get out of town. One guy said and I quote "Pelini needs to mix up his defenses and he really needs to blitz more." I find all of their comments to be the exact same as the stuff being said here about this staff.

So I ask if the LSU wolves don't want him why do we want him as our Head Coach? Just something to think about.

Chris Landry stated Pelini is an average coach, should have done better with the talent he has.

Mentioned he might be looking for a job.

Corso stated this morining that LSU's defense is terrible.

Old coaches don't seem to impressed with Mr. Pelini's ability.

I have other questions about him.

Thank god he has not been given the job like some insiders have claimed.

We at least still have a chance at an experienced coach. I trust Coach Osborne will do the right thing. I doubt it will be Pelini.

Monte Kiffin was one of the creators of the famed Tampa 2 coverage. You wanna know something? That's the SAME FRICKIN SCHEME Bo Pelini uses.

All the people griping about the best candidates out there are just worried about staying mediocre. The ex-coaching staff has just made everyone gun-shy about this. Don't be cynical people. We've got Tom Osborne at the controls.

...Shouldn't you expect a one-dimensional running team to be good at it? Arkansas imposed their will on LSU. It set the tone for the entire game. You can't defend Pelini on that.

...Tom Osborne wasn't just a good coach because he knew the x's and o's, and what have you. It was because he delegated roles to people who were good at their jobs and made them love to work with him. If whoever comes in, brings in a great staff, it'll all be cherry. Which is why I like Pelini, in that I trust him more to bring in a great staff.

So you don't think Monte would bring in a great staff then?

agree, and Arkansas want to can Nutt? now those guys are crazy

Just think your boy Pud wanted this guy. It was a good win but the guy is still a shady person and an average coach.

I agree with the original poster. It is a proven fact that Pelini's defenses have a history of struggling against running QB. Crap McFadden isn't even a QB. It looked pretty much like what Brad Smith, El Roberson, and Vince Young did to us in 03. I really don't know if this guy is the answer. I'll support him if he comes but I just don't know.

Also if anyone is interested in what LSU fans are saying about Pelini go look at one of their boards. I've seen people saying he and Miles can both get out of town. One guy said and I quote "Pelini needs to mix up his defenses and he really needs to blitz more." I find all of their comments to be the exact same as the stuff being said here about this staff.

So I ask if the LSU wolves don't want him why do we want him as our Head Coach? Just something to think about.

LSU just lost their 2nd game of the season, both losses in OT. of course their fans are bitching about it.

McFaden is the real Heisman guy, not Tebow. Arkansas can play, hell the whole SEC can beat each other on any given day, Auburn, Tenn. etc.

I don't think Monte leaves a great situation to come to a bad one, considering he can pretty much leave(retire) under his own terms.

I don't think Monte leaves a great situation to come to a bad one, considering he can pretty much leave(retire) under his own terms.

Maybe not....As I understand the scuttlebutt, Tampa doesn't plan to renew Kiffin at the end of the season. If that's true Monte might definately be available. Other things I've heard (no not confirmed, just rumor) is that Gruden would want Callahan back on his offensive staff. I think the athletic department at NU must talk to Tampa a lot...with callahan's connection to Gruden and Gruden speaking at the football camp thing a couple years ago. Could explain how anybody would know.