Turner Gill is the next HC

Turner Gill isn't the right choice. If Turner Gill is the Guy I will still be a Husker Fan 4 Life but I will not support Turner Gill, he needs more experience and needs to find a better Defensive Coordinator period.

You say you will not support Turner Gill, that you want someone with more experience. But then you say you want Bo Pelini??

Just what experience does Bo Pelini bring that Turner Gill does not? Bo has been a coordinator, co-coordinator. Worked with Les Miles, Bob Stoops and Frank Solich in college programs.

Turner has been a head coach for two years, was quarterback coach for NU under Solich and the greatest coach in histroy Tom Osborne. He was coaching in Nebraska for three National Championships and playing for another.

I would be very happy with either Turner Gill or Bo Pelini, but I just don't see where your experience comment holds any water.

Turner Gill isn't the right choice. If Turner Gill is the Guy I will still be a Husker Fan 4 Life but I will not support Turner Gill, he needs more experience and needs to find a better Defensive Coordinator period.

You know I get really tired of hearing that Turner Gill needs more experience. Lets talk about his "experience".

1) He is now the 2nd year head coach at Buffalo University. The top person in the day to day operations and recruiting at a university re-building their football program.

2) Former starting quarterback to the University of Nebraska Cornhuskers who came within a whisker of the National Title.

3) Former Assistant Coach at the University of Nebraska. Active in recruiting and teaching offense and quarterback positions during the National Championship years of the mid 90's.

The one item I can speak to having been a close friend to a player on all 3 of those National Championship teams is this, the man knows what it takes to recruit, teach and win the Nebraksa way. I thought Tom Osborne stated it pretty well today after speaking with former CU coach MCCartney, he said," that you hated to play Nebraska, because for 10 days after, you would still be feeling it." That way of coaching is what Gill learned while at Nebraska; living it, playing it; coaching it.

The major item that i think Gill will bring to the table is the pride and tradition of playing for the University. That comes from dedication and a relentless practice regimen. Having talked to my friend, and listening to comments from Jason Peter, that is what is lacking at this time. When Nebraska practiced during the week, every down and scrimmage was a war. Play after play, it was 100% war. The pay-off was Saturday when those teams would PUNISH others into submission from the preparations of the prior week. THAT is what Gill brings to the table. That philosophy of extensive, physical preparation that completely dominates the opponent. I'm not doubting that Pelini has that mentality too, but Gill brings home all the traditions and knowledge of these former teams, and will coach them the way they were coached during the glory years. Every down is a war, dominate the opponent through strength and speed, and win the Nebraska way, with class and honor! GBR!

I can understand this. I can also understand those that want Bo for his fire.

Turner has been a head coach for two years, was quarterback coach for NU under Solich and the greatest coach in histroy Tom Osborne. He was coaching in Nebraska for three National Championships and playing for another.

*Wasn't Turner also the Assistant Head Coach under Frank Solich? I think Turner has much more experience as a head coach than Pelini does. Pelini was head coach for one game for Nebraska. That's it. He has never handled an entire football program. Turner has done so for 2 years and had success in those two years. So in my humble opinion, the opinion that Turner isn't experienced enough when compared to Bo Pelini holds no water. :)

i wonder how much energy and help Tom could provide or would provide if he brought Turner in as his HC? i think the guy would definitely need some guidance, not sure how involved TO would or could be here? interesting thought, not sure what to think. i know this, it would be a huge step up from the expectations at Buffalo, not sure how he would handle the pressure or how much leeway the fans would give him?

still he has lots of intangibles that this program is missing, that is for sure.

Turner Gill has more experience coaching at the collegiate level than Pelini does. Pelini's first job in the college ranks was as NU's DC in 2003. That's it for him. He has 5 years of collegiate level experience and you think Turner Gill is less qualified? I'm not saying I want Gill, but to claim he doesn't have enough experience coaching while you proclaim to be a Pelini fan who has considerably less experience doesn't make any sense at all.