What are you listening to right now?

Had no idea these guys had been around so long or had so much recorded stuff out there..

.Or that they were allowed to record this:

Rock Hard

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search Rock Hard EP by Beastie Boys Released 1985 Recorded 1984 Genre Rap rock Length 4:55 Label Def Jam Producer Rick Rubin Beastie Boys chronology Cooky Puss

(1983) Rock Hard

(1985) Licensed to Ill

(1986) Professional ratings Source Rating Allmusic 11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_full.svg.png11px-Star_empty.svg.png[1] Robert Christgau B+ [

"

Rock Hard is an EP by the Beastie Boys, released by Def Jam Records on 12" in 1985. The song, and the accompanying songs on the 12", feature the band's debut rap effort.

The track contains samples from the AC/DC song "Back in Black", which was used without obtaining legal permission - thereby causing the record to be promptly withdrawn. Later, when the group planned to include the out-of-print song on their 1999 compilation, Beastie Boys Anthology: The Sounds of Science,

AC/DC refused to allow the sample to be used. Mike D spoke to AC/DC's Malcolm Young personally on the phone when their lawyers refused to clear the sample, and later said that "AC/DC could not get with the sample concept. They were just like, 'Nothing against you guys, but we just don't endorse sampling.'" Ad-Rock then added "So we told them that we don't endorse people playing guitars."[3]

I KNEW it!!!

Funny stuff

..Jr year highschool...

Don't remember the movie that much...But the soundtrack..Playing on my 8-track...in my ugly blue Matadoor..

priceless

1. "FM (No Static at All)" - Steely Dan – 4:52
  2. "Night Moves" - Bob Seger – 3:27
  3. "Fly Like an Eagle" - Steve Miller Band – 3:04
  4. "Cold as Ice" - Foreigner – 3:20
  5. "Breakdown" - Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers – 2:44
  6. "Bad Man" - Randy Meisner – 2:38
  7. "Life in the Fast Lane" - Eagles – 4:46
  8. "Do It Again" - Steely Dan – 5:54
  9. "Lido Shuffle" - Boz Scaggs – 3:42
  10. "More Than a Feeling" - Boston – 4:45
  11. "Tumbling Dice" - Linda Ronstadt – 4:51
  12. "Poor, Poor Pitiful Me" - Linda Ronstadt – 4:15
  13. "Livingston Saturday Night" - Jimmy Buffett – 3:10
  14. "There's a Place in the World for a Gambler" - Dan Fogelberg – 5:41
  15. "Just the Way You Are" - Billy Joel – 4:49
  16. "It Keeps You Runnin'" - The Doobie Brothers – 4:13
  17. "Your Smiling Face" - James Taylor – 2:43
  18. "Life's Been Good" - Joe Walsh – 8:05
  19. "We Will Rock You" - Queen – 2:04
  20. "FM (Reprise)" - Steely Dan – 2:54

RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA of Beastie Boys. Passed away today from salivary gland cancer. Glad he lived to see his group's induction into the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame a couple weeks ago, even though he wasn't present at the actual ceremony due to his illness.

Thanks Nexus...Paul Revere was my favorite. Damn, I'm not sure what sucks worse...the fact that MCA died, or that a true artist will never get the attention that the worthless crackwhore boozehounds Whitney and Amy needed to get.

RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA of Beastie Boys. Passed away today from salivary gland cancer. Glad he lived to see his group's induction into the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame a couple weeks ago, even though he wasn't present at the actual ceremony due to his illness.

Thanks Nexus...Paul Revere was my favorite. Damn, I'm not sure what sucks worse...the fact that MCA died, or that a true artist will never get the attention that the worthless crackwhore boozehounds Whitney and Amy needed to get.

:lol: true what?

musician...you know...artist? Am I that old?

musician...you know...artist? Am I that old?

You seriously think of these guys as being true Artists/Musicians more so than Amy Winehouse or Whitney Houston? (I assume that's who you mean).

I'm not really a fan of any of them. but you can swing a dead cat almost anywhere and hit four people that can deep throat a microphone and dance around like a drunk onstage while rhyming..

I secretly like some of the Beastie's stuff, but I wouldn't consider them musicians any more than Milli Vanilli..I've heard/seen better art on an Interstate rest stop.

How in the Wide World of Sports did a rap group get inducted in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame? You'd think they'd have one of their own.

Sad that the guy died..