Is it too early to find a coach

I am just wondering...

When you look at coaches like Bo, or better yet, some of the HC's who are going to bowl games...can you effectivly hire them before thier season is over? I am concerned that we will be looking until new years because a lot of coaches that I would want to see here wont be done with thier current teams until the last week of Dec, first week of Jan.

Thoughts?

I am just wondering...

When you look at coaches like Bo, or better yet, some of the HC's who are going to bowl games...can you effectivly hire them before thier season is over? I am concerned that we will be looking until new years because a lot of coaches that I would want to see here wont be done with thier current teams until the last week of Dec, first week of Jan.

Thoughts?

My guess is that the deal is pretty much done and we will know in a few days, or a couple of weeks at the longest. T. O. learned a few things in Washington about how to negotiate deals.

no choice...when there is going to be a projected 15-20 jobs open this year, you can't wait to make that decision. the christmas shopping season starts earlier every year, but you think that waiting until after a bowl game would be good?

the good toys will all be gone.

not that I WANT to wait...I just dont want to miss on the best candidate because he is coaching a bowl game and his AD says no contact till after.

If a guy wants the job he usually leaves before the bowl. From his perspective, why wait around and win a bowl for some other school when you can get a start recruiting for your own. On occasion a coach will take the new job effective after he coaches the bowl. If we are still waiting to hear the new coaches name on Jan 1st., we are in a mess similar to the one Pedey had us in looking for HCBC.