Optimism or not for 2008

HANC

I don't think the won-loss record is the proper way to determine "success" next year. It could happen - but if so, consider it an added blessing.

I think that what's reasonable to expect is the beginning of the attitude adjustment - kids willing to put it on the line for all 60 minutes. The hustle. Swarming to the ball. Then the carry-over to the next off-season, when the kids make the sacrifices in the weight room and in the off-season conditioning program.

If I see that, I'll be optimistic about the coaching change. And I think that we will see it, so, yes, I'm optimistic...

agree, another good post, right on the money. patience folks and don't just focus on what is happening on the field.

I will bet anyone on this board $1000 that NU wins the first game of 2008. I don't know if it will be the Red team or the White team, but definately a NU victory.

It's always good for a new coach to start out with a W.

its going to be a tough year for the huskers,,and i think the huskers probably will not be as bad as this year,,though it will be tough to have a winning season....the new coach and coaching staff he brings will be a big factor too....

its going to be a tough year for the huskers,,and i think the huskers probably will not be as bad as this year,,though it will be tough to have a winning season....the new coach and coaching staff he brings will be a big factor too....

Didn't you get the e-mail from Dr. Tom. The only season that is acceptable is a winning season.

Gil, Pelini, Johnson (others I haven't mentioned) aren't going to take the job unless they are 100% confident they can produce a winning season in year 1. They know they consequences for anything less...it just ain't pretty. :restore