Optimism or not for 2008

HANC

Nebraska 35, San Jose State 7

Nebraska 56, New Mexico State 0

Nebraska 17, Virginia Tech 14

Nebraska 38, Western Michigan 3

Nebraska 41, Missouri 38 (win on last second fake FG)

Nebraska 31, Texas Tech 14

Nebraska 45, Iowa State 0

Nebraska 63, Baylor 0

Oklahoma 24, Nebraska 21

Nebraska 38, Kansas 33

Nebraska 42, Kansas State 14

Nebraska 35, Colorado 0

Big XII Championship: Nebraska 31, Oklahoma 28

National Championship: USC 42, Nebraska 40

unbridled optimisim. come on now, we haven't even hired the new staff......7-5 is real, anything more is a gift. we have lots of work to do here, a ton of it!

Nebraska 63, Baylor 0

Oklahoma 24, Nebraska 21

Nebraska 38, Kansas 33

Nebraska 35, Colorado 0

I think you forgot to put a number in this space...I'm sure it was just an oversight though huh? <_<

Nebraska 63, Baylor 0

Oklahoma 24, Nebraska 21

Nebraska 38, Kansas 33

Nebraska 35, Colorado 0

What have you been smoking? We may have a winning season, but it is unlikely we could turn it around so thoroughly. Did you forget the :sarcasm ?

Why not be optimistic? I dont think it could be any worse than it was this year. Besides, its Nebraska. Its tradition. Its time to get back to where we should be and where we were. I think an 8-4 season is definitely feasible next year. Id like to be undefeated and win it all but realistically, I think 8-4 is accurate.

I believe with your schedule and the fact that you guys do have some solid offensive weapons you guys will be in a bowl game next year and proably something halfway decent. We are in a different situation where I think we will be vastly improved but our schedule sucks so bad I cannot see winning more then 6-7 again next year.

Nebraska 63, Baylor 0

Oklahoma 24, Nebraska 21

Nebraska 38, Kansas 33

Nebraska 35, Colorado 0

1995? :ahhhhhhhh:ahhhhhhhh:ahhhhhhhh

I'm VERY optimistic for next year, but I honestly couldn't care less about our record. What matters more to me is the attitude of the team and how they carry themselves during game time, whether they are winning or losing. Apathy killed this team, and the biggest change I hope to see next season is completely attitude-related. I want this team to CARE and to WANT to win, and not just be playing not to get injured like this year's team. We could go 0-12 for all I care, but as long as we fight to the death in all of our games then I'll be satisfied.

As it does every year, optimism will bloom in spring and late fall. Even moreso now with a new head coach. However, I've learned to temper my optimism. Especially with a new coach coming in. I always hope the Huskers do well, I am really not going to expect much next year. I hope I am suprised! :)

:yeah

Nebraska 63, Baylor 0

Oklahoma 24, Nebraska 21

Nebraska 38, Kansas 33

Nebraska 35, Colorado 0

unbridled optimisim. come on now, we haven't even hired the new staff......7-5 is real, anything more is a gift. we have lots of work to do here, a ton of it!

I'm very optimistic. Not this optimistic, but I think we'll see that the players were better than they were coached this year. We'll beat either Missouri or Kansas at home.

San Jose St W

N Mexico St W

V Tech probably a loss, but I'm hopeful we will be competitive

West Mich W

Mizzou L

Tex Tech W

ISU W -- are you kidding? We'll win this game

Baylor W

at OU L

Kansas W

at KSU W

Colorado W

9-3, plus decent bowl, top 15 finish. Could have a shot at conference championship game.

I'm excited about next year. Get those players running around the track and liftin' iron. We don't know what offense wil be installed for next season but we know there is going to be FIRE on the team.

Win or Lose, I'm balls to the wall with the new era in Husker football. We began to slip with Solich then hit bottom with Callahan. As they say, third times a charm.

2008 - Bring It On!

:yeah

HuskerKing130... i like how you think!! Honestly though I think we have a lot to look forward to next season. Most of our best offensive players will be back next year and hopefully cally recruited some studs for our defense. Plus it's always exciting when a new coach comes to town. That spring game is going to be one hell of a party if it's anything like the one the year callahan got here.

C_Bear

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

:yeah:woo:woo:yeah

...T_O_B

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

I don't think the won-loss record is the proper way to determine "sucess" next year. It could happen - but if so, consider it an added blessing.

I think that what's reasonable to expect is the beginning of the attitude adjustment - kids willing to put it on the line for all 60 minutes. The hustle. Swarming to the ball. Then the carry-over to the next off-season, when the kids make the sacrifices in the weight room and in the off-season conditioning program.

If I see that, I'll be optimitic about the coaching change. And I think that we will see it, so, yes, I'm optimitic...

Nebraska 63, Baylor 0

Nebraska 35, Colorado 0

I think you forgot to put a number in this space...I'm sure it was just an oversight though huh? <_<

"...And they were lucky to get zero!!!"

Now's not the time to get realistic..That may have been one of this teams problems..They didn't give it their all because they weren't "supposed to" win against top 20 programs.

I'm almost positive we're going to be undefeated before the start of the season! :box