Chan Gailey fired at GA Tech

I am actually surprised with this firing! At least his team was competitive but i guess they have to beat Georgia kind of like how Michigan has to beat Ohio state!

they were mostly competitive because of their defense. I wonder if they will consider just hiring Tenuta to HC? If not if we get someone that isn't Bo Pelini, we'd be smart to bring in Tenuta as a DC.

I think that it is safe to say that BO will be the guy. SOMEWHERE. I dont know about here...but he will get a chance at an HC job this year. Gill...maybe the same. He will go somewhere this year...if not this year, in 1-2 more years he is going to make a major move up if he continues to do what he has done. If nothing else the Nebraska search has gotten his name ALL OVER the national airwaves, and other AD's are seeing his accomplishments spotlighted.

I dont know if I want Gill, or Bo, or someone else. I think I am OK with a few candidates...so I will let Tom decide....but I do think that Gill and Bo ARE relevant, and will get looks at these jobs.

Boosters were just tired of Ga Tech being at the same level every year. Every year they are a decent team that makes a bowl but they never made the jump to contender. It wasn't THAT long ago that Ga Tech was a major program, they want to get back there. When you consider that the ACC isn't that tough and Wake has passed you in it I can see the move. Gailey is a first-rate assistant-coach, he'll probably be snatched-up quickly by somebody.

Jon Tenuta would be a hell of a hire at DC, been thinking about that since they started talking about Gailey being gone. Since TO is in Georgia anyway he'd be smart to get a meeting in.

Paul Johson or Chris Peterson with a Jon Tenuta leading the D could be nasty.