Purify Was Back In Court

huskerguy

For a new charge of driving under a suspended license on October 21st (The day after the A&M game).

He was eligible to get his license reinstated in August, but just never did it.

I know it's not a huge deal, but man all these little stupid things he's doing have to be hurting his future that may or may not exist in the NFL.

The NFL has a wonderful way of forgiving players with talent. Not that Mo is anything like Randy Moss et al, but I'm just saying.

Besides, with all the off-the-field stuff that Purify has had to put up with this year, with all the pressure put on him by everyone's expectations, he still had a pretty good year. The scouts notice stuff like that.

Besides, one good combine and a lot of that stuff will be forgotten. He's nowhere near the headcases in years past we've seen who have what they politely call "character issues." Mo is a good guy.

I'm not at all worried about him from a legal standpoint.

The NFL has a wonderful way of forgiving players with talent. Not that Mo is anything like Randy Moss et al, but I'm just saying.

Besides, with all the off-the-field stuff that Purify has had to put up with this year, with all the pressure put on him by everyone's expectations, he still had a pretty good year. The scouts notice stuff like that.

Besides, one good combine and a lot of that stuff will be forgotten. He's nowhere near the headcases in years past we've seen who have what they politely call "character issues." Mo is a good guy.

Like Ricky Williams...

Or how about the Cincinnati Bengals. I think their whole team was arrested at some point.

Like Ricky Williams...

Or how about the Cincinnati Bengals. I think their whole team was arrested at some point.

I think a Maurice Purify/Ricky Williams comparison does Mo a disservice. He's nowhere near the character of Ricky Williams.

Maybe that was a joke, but it wasn't the best joke.

If you've never been arrested, you haven't experienced much of life! When you go to write your autobiography, that chapter entitled "Time I Spent In Jail" is going to be pretty damn empty!

If you've never been arrested, you haven't experienced much of life! When you go to write your autobiography, that chapter entitled "Time I Spent In Jail" is going to be pretty damn empty!

How about if you worked in a jail for 6 years!? :lol:

For a new charge of driving under a suspended license on October 21st (The day after the A&M game).

He was eligible to get his license reinstated in August, but just never did it.

I know it's not a huge deal, but man all these little stupid things he's doing have to be hurting his future that may or may not exist in the NFL.

Think maybe he was a bit distracted with his brothers death and then his girlfriends? Maybe driving legally was the least of his worries, not to mention trying to figure out why he didnt see much playing time in 2007 after he won the A&M game in 2006 and the other spectacular plays he made.

I will say this about Mo, he is an awesome kid for having played through the crap hand dealt to him... how many others have quit the team for MUCH less? Remember Harrison Beck? He quit because he didnt want to compete against Keller.

Maybe the State Patrol, or whoever is harasssing Mo, should find some REAL criminals to bust... arrested for driving under suspension, thats f'ing ridiculous!

Like Ricky Williams...

I think a Maurice Purify/Ricky Williams comparison does Mo a disservice. He's nowhere near the character of Ricky Williams.

Maybe that was a joke, but it wasn't the best joke.

I think this is what he was referring to. Despite all the crap Ricky Williams has done, he's still playing.

I think there's definitely a huge difference between guys who are genuinely bad people, such as Lawrence Philips, Randy Moss (at least while he was beating his girlfriend at Marshall), and Pacman....

and guys like Mo who just have a knack for getting into trouble...I dont mean to downplay driving drunk, but I think its more a matter of irresponsibility than doing something intentionall malicious.....its a shame we put them all in the same category as guys with "character issues"

I think there's definitely a huge difference between guys who are genuinely bad people, such as Lawrence Philips, Randy Moss (at least while he was beating his girlfriend at Marshall), and Pacman....

and guys like Mo who just have a knack for getting into trouble...I dont mean to downplay driving drunk, but I think its more a matter of irresponsibility than doing something intentionall malicious.....its a shame we put them all in the same category as guys with "character issues"

I believe it was driving under suspension, not driving drunk.

I believe it was driving under suspension, not driving drunk.

Yeah...I was referring to when he was arrested over the summer...