I still think..........

Big deal. Someone posted a wikipedia link on here that listed Pelini as beating Michigan in the Alamo Bowl. I don't trust a site that entrusts those that read it to fix it.

But at the same time, that is it's strength. You don't just have a committee of people responsible for all the content. It attempts to tap the knowledge of anyone that can access it. Some contributors are casual writers, some are worldwide scholars.

Here's a wikipedia article on the reliability of wikipedia :)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reliability_of_Wikipedia

Perhaps you should have edited the wiki page to correct the error you found. :)

Frankly, I don't understand why everyone gets so worked up over 'experience' as an HC. It seems everyone has their own opinion of what actually counts as 'enough experience', and apparently no one has it. Apparently 2 years at Buffalo isn't enough. Apparently a decade in Div. II doesn't count. Apparently DC at three different top 25 programs isn't enough. I can't imagine a few years at a service academy would count for much more than any of those. Apparently the only guys that are really qualified are Joe Paterno and Bobby Bowden.

Bottom line - with 25+ years of coaching experience and a PhD in psychology - TO knows what good coaching looks like and he knows what motivation looks like. I'm betting he doesn't need to give any of the candidates a few more years to fully evaluate them.

Frankly, I don't understand why everyone gets so worked up over 'experience' as an HC. It seems everyone has their own opinion of what actually counts as 'enough experience', and apparently no one has it. Apparently 2 years at Buffalo isn't enough. Apparently a decade in Div. II doesn't count. Apparently DC at three different top 25 programs isn't enough. I can't imagine a few years at a service academy would count for much more than any of those. Apparently the only guys that are really qualified are Joe Paterno and Bobby Bowden.

Bottom line - with 25+ years of coaching experience and a PhD in psychology - TO knows what good coaching looks like and he knows what motivation looks like. I'm betting he doesn't need to give any of the candidates a few more years to fully evaluate them.

BUT.....how many of these coaches with no or very little experience are hired to fix a broken football program rich in tradition? Let alone suceeded! The same University that fired a coach that went 9-3. Remember folkes, despite it being Pud that fired Solich, you bet your ass that Dr Tom knows that this firing could still scare coaches away. He has to reassure them that he understands it takes time. You don't want some "young" coach that comes in here with a "kick ass and take names" agenda. You need someone that is proven. One that has fixed "broken programs" before. Experience in that department is what is needed in my opinion.

OK smartass.....I did read his freakin bio first why do you think I posted this thread in the first place genius????

Here is Brian Kelly's Bio

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Kelly_(coach)

Now here is Paul Johnson's Bio

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Johnson_...football_coach)

All that i'm saying is that this is Brian Kelly's first year as Head Coach for Cincinnati and if he can prove that he can have another winning season year after year at Cinci like Paul Johnson has done for Navy than yes, we should be looking at this guy then. Some coaches just get lucky their first year like Weis did with Notre Dame and now look at Weis now.....ummmmm

Well it appears that you cannot handle a debate very well with the name calling you are starting. You are saying that Kelly perhaps got lucky like Weis did? Hmmm very interesting considering Weis has ZERO HC experience at the collegiate level compaired to Kelly. Ok so what name are you going to call us now? Listen, we all have witnessed your obvious MANCRUSH for Bo and I say to that, to each his own, but to sit here and try and insult us about Kelly's coaching FACTS is just plain NUTS.

Man crush uh....wow....I don't think that you've been reading on these boards lately but i've been really rooting for Paul Johnson from Navy for the past 3-4 days. I've been rooting for Paul ever since day one but now I've grown on the guy because he has brought a crappy team like Navy to a rising star. And I never insulted anybody about people who like Kelly. I just said that he needed ANOTHER year at Cincinnati to prove to everybody that he is for real. So I don't know where you're getting your INSULTING FACT FROM???? And enough with the gay talk too.

Yeah, this board would get very boring in a hurry if we simply suspended the football program for the next 2 or 3 seasons while TO is fully evaluating a couple of candidates to make sure they are right for the program.

OK smartass.....I did read his freakin bio first why do you think I posted this thread in the first place genius????

Here is Brian Kelly's Bio

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Kelly_(coach)

Now here is Paul Johnson's Bio

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Johnson_...football_coach)

All that i'm saying is that this is Brian Kelly's first year as Head Coach for Cincinnati and if he can prove that he can have another winning season year after year at Cinci like Paul Johnson has done for Navy than yes, we should be looking at this guy then. Some coaches just get lucky their first year like Weis did with Notre Dame and now look at Weis now.....ummmmm

Well it appears that you cannot handle a debate very well with the name calling you are starting. You are saying that Kelly perhaps got lucky like Weis did? Hmmm very interesting considering Weis has ZERO HC experience at the collegiate level compaired to Kelly. Ok so what name are you going to call us now? Listen, we all have witnessed your obvious MANCRUSH for Bo and I say to that, to each his own, but to sit here and try and insult us about Kelly's coaching FACTS is just plain NUTS.

Man crush uh....wow....I don't think that you've been reading on these boards lately but i've been really rooting for Paul Johnson from Navy for the past 3-4 days. I've been rooting for Paul ever since day one but now I've grown on the guy because he has brought a crappy team like Navy to a rising star. And I never insulted anybody about people who like Kelly. I just said that he needed ANOTHER year at Cincinnati to prove to everybody that he is for real. So I don't know where you're getting your INSULTING FACT FROM???? And enough with the gay talk too.

So calling people "smartasses" isn't insulting? Gee forgive me for thinking that you wanted Bo as our new HC. I guess I misread your 15 different Pelini posts along with your 7 sized font stating that "BO PELINI FOR HEAD COACH"! How could I have thought that?!! :blink:

That both Brian Kelly and Turner Gill should have one more year at their previous Head Coaching spots to prove to us that they are for real. I just decided today after talking to my family and friends at work that if we do get Turner Gill for HC, I will be behind Turner but I still think that he should stay for one more year to see if his team gets any better. Right now Buffalo ended their season at 5-7 and if he stays at Buffalo for next year and goes 3-9 then we'll know that Turner needs more time.

And whats all of this talk about Brian Kelly, just because he's taking Cincinnati to a 9-3 record doesn't mean crap. I'd like to see what he can do with Cincinnati next year and the year after that. Just because a coach had a good year doesn't me that he'll do it again the next...prime examble is Bill Callahan with what he did last year and now this year he's looking for another job.

People jumping on Paterson, Kelly, Levitt bandwags are only doing it because they had a great year for their first year. Guys give them a couple years to see what they do before jumping on that bandwagon. I like Paul Johnson because the guy was a stud at Southern Georgia and now is a stud at Navy (with four straight 8+ wins a year).

I suggest that you alteast READ the Kelly's bio before you start trashing the guy! He is a proven leader wherever he coaches. http://gobearcats.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl...ly_brian00.html

Because you insulted me first for your "READING facts first before TRASHING the guy" comment. You wanted to be a douche about it and pretty much come out saying that I didn't know what the hell i was talking about. I just stated my opinion that Brian Kelly should coach for another year and to see what he could do next year before bringing him up as a candidate.

That both Brian Kelly and Turner Gill should have one more year at their previous Head Coaching spots to prove to us that they are for real. I just decided today after talking to my family and friends at work that if we do get Turner Gill for HC, I will be behind Turner but I still think that he should stay for one more year to see if his team gets any better. Right now Buffalo ended their season at 5-7 and if he stays at Buffalo for next year and goes 3-9 then we'll know that Turner needs more time.

And whats all of this talk about Brian Kelly, just because he's taking Cincinnati to a 9-3 record doesn't mean crap. I'd like to see what he can do with Cincinnati next year and the year after that. Just because a coach had a good year doesn't me that he'll do it again the next...prime examble is Bill Callahan with what he did last year and now this year he's looking for another job.

People jumping on Paterson, Kelly, Levitt bandwags are only doing it because they had a great year for their first year. Guys give them a couple years to see what they do before jumping on that bandwagon. I like Paul Johnson because the guy was a stud at Southern Georgia and now is a stud at Navy (with four straight 8+ wins a year).

I suggest that you alteast READ the Kelly's bio before you start trashing the guy! He is a proven leader wherever he coaches. http://gobearcats.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl...ly_brian00.html

Because you insulted me first for your "READING facts first before TRASHING the guy" comment. You wanted to be a douche about it and pretty much come out saying that I didn't know what the hell i was talking about. I just stated my opinion that Brian Kelly should coach for another year and to see what he could do next year before bringing him up as a candidate.

It appears that I have you so excited that you are double posting! I am not going to get into a pissing contest on here out of respect for the great members on this board, but if ya wanna take this to the smack room I can gladly meet ya there?!

It appears that I have you so excited that you are double posting! I am not going to get into a pissing contest on here out of respect for the great members on this board, but if ya wanna take this to the smack room I can gladly meet ya there?!

Double posting isn't my fault, either there is alot of information going around on this board or my computer is messed up...it showed an error message so i hit reply again. I'm not getting excited as much as you are "Lets take this to the smack room" that just sounds stupid beyond all means. I'm just going to end it at this because you just went to a whole new level of stupidity. I don't know what you're trying to prove here whether it's gangsta internet talk or trash talking on the internet. I just stated my Opinion and you took it to a whole new level stating that I didn't know what I was talking about. GO BIG RED

Double posting isn't my fault, either there is alot of information going around on this board or my computer is messed up...it showed an error message so i hit reply again. I'm not getting excited as much as you are "Lets take this to the smack room" that just sounds stupid beyond all means. I'm just going to end it at this because you just went to a whole new level of stupidity. I don't know what you're trying to prove here whether it's gangsta internet talk or trash talking on the internet. I just stated my Opinion and you took it to a whole new level stating that I didn't know what I was talking about. GO BIG RED

"Gangsta internet talk?". Hmmm let me ponder that one a minute.......Nope.......Being a cop I have never been called that one before. Your opinions?? You tried to post a fact and I quote

Just because a coach had a good year doesn't me that he'll do it again the next...
. Basically you got pissed because I called you out on your untrue post excuse me "opinion" about coaches! You were bombarded with facts about Kelly not only by me but by other members of this board. Instead of admitting that you were wrong, you acted like a kid and started with the insults. Do your homework next time and you won't make it so easy for people to actually set you straight on your "opinions"!

"Gangsta internet talk?". Hmmm let me ponder that one a minute.......Nope.......Being a cop I have never been called that one before. Your opinions?? You tried to post a fact and I quote

Just because a coach had a good year doesn't me that he'll do it again the next...
. Basically you got pissed because I called you out on your untrue post excuse me "opinion" about coaches! You were bombarded with facts about Kelly not only by me but by other members of this board. Instead of admitting that you were wrong, you acted like a kid and started with the insults. Do your homework next time and you won't make it so easy for people to actually set you straight on your "opinions"!

Dude you're still here this post is done, over......and being a cop who cares...I'm a correctional officer (really I am and i hate it)...big deal. Go eat donuts and get a life. Obviously your not getting my point because I was posting my OPINION about Brian Kelly. Get over it....this thread is done....yesterdays news

Dude you're still here this post is done, over......and being a cop who cares...I'm a correctional officer (really I am and i hate it)...big deal. Go eat donuts and get a life. Obviously your not getting my point because I was posting my OPINION about Brian Kelly. Get over it....this thread is done....yesterdays news

AHh ok that explains it all right there! Tough guys behind 4 walls! ;) Nuff said!