Rickey Thenarse says...........

NPhusker

Anyone remember that quote from Elmassian where he said something like for every freshman out on the field, you might as well surrender a touchdown to the other team?

Elmassian was actually quoting Bear Bryant when he said "for every freshman you start you lose a game."

Bear Bryant sucks, who'd hire him?

Anyone remember that quote from Elmassian where he said something like for every freshman out on the field, you might as well surrender a touchdown to the other team?

Elmassian was actually quoting Bear Bryant when he said "for every freshman you start you lose a game."

Bear Bryant sucks, who'd hire him?

there are people in tuscaloosa who would dig him up and prop him up next to saban if they thought it would help.

lord knows the corpse of paul bryant would have a more cheerful disposition than saban any day of the week and twice on a sunday.

I think the biggest thing Rickey was pointing out was "Why wasn't I on the field on defense" and I agree with Rickey 100%

Yep. I'll add that a lot of young guys more than likely thought that as well, but just havent said anything.

Yeah, and Harrison Beck thought he should be on the field rather than Taylor. Every player thinks they should be on the field. If they don't maybe they should be in class.

I think the biggest thing Rickey was pointing out was "Why wasn't I on the field on defense" and I agree with Rickey 100%

Yep. I'll add that a lot of young guys more than likely thought that as well, but just havent said anything.

:yeah

Exactly.

ALL players getting less pt than they want say the same thing. If they don't... there's something wrong with their attitude.

They should all think they are the best player and want more PT.

:thumbs

Rickey was tackling machine in high school. I was so surprised he didn't get into the action sooner. It kills me that guys like Tierre Green, Ben Eisenhardt, and Larry Assante got the nod over him. And what happened to him playing corner anyway?

Eisenhardt and Green gave it their best but were not so effective. Asante, on the other hand actually played fairly well. His coverage skills are not developed yet (remember he was young and will improve) --- but his form tackling and run support was actually good (by the end oft the year). I think by the end of next season you'l see that Larry Asante is a very good football player. I'd like to see him moved to WILL LB actually where he could be awesome.

Anyway, I concur with your sentiment, Thenarse should have been given more chances. My only modification is that Asante is a developing quality player. Mark my words, next year people will be quite pleased with larry Asante --- and he has two years left. When all is said and done Asante will be proven to be a very good player indeed.

I totally agree with Thenarse. He should have been played more. Also, I love how just because Callahan wasn't a fan of Bowman, he benched our best player. Bowman will be drafted in the first round or two of the NFL draft, and Callahan had him riding the pine behind a freshman. Bill just acted like a child throwing a tantrum.

Blue did so-so in Bowman's place, but there is NO WAY he was better than Bowman.

Rickey was tackling machine in high school. I was so surprised he didn't get into the action sooner. It kills me that guys like Tierre Green, Ben Eisenhardt, and Larry Assante got the nod over him. And what happened to him playing corner anyway?

Eisenhardt and Green gave it their best but were not so effective. Asante, on the other hand actually played fairly well. His coverage skills are not developed yet (remember he was young and will improve) --- but his form tackling and run support was actually good (by the end oft the year). I think by the end of next season you'l see that Larry Asante is a very good football player. I'd like to see him moved to WILL LB actually where he could be awesome.

Anyway, I concur with your sentiment, Thenarse should have been given more chances. My only modification is that Asante is a developing quality player. Mark my words, next year people will be quite pleased with larry Asante --- and he has two years left. When all is said and done Asante will be proven to be a very good player indeed.

I think if Bo comes here you will see that. I wouldnt mind seeing our LB being asante W, dillard M, and culbert strong side

I think if Bo comes here you will see that. I wouldnt mind seeing our LB being asante W, dillard M, and culbert strong side

Mel --- I am with you. Put Dillard in the middle Asante at Will and Culbert at SAM --- and have L. Washington and RSFreshman Stafford backing up on the outside.

Mel --- I am with you. Put Dillard in the middle Asante at Will and Culbert at SAM --- and have L. Washington and RSFreshman Stafford backing up on the outside.

I do not like this idea at all, I think Asante should stay at Safety, he already has one year of learning the safety spot why start over and make him learn a new spot.

Also Culber is undersized at the WILL, and would be extremely undersized playing SAM. Who is going to take Asante's spot at safety, the only safeties we have returning besides Asante and Thenarse are Matt O'Hanlon and Eric Hagg, I would much rather see Asante on the field instead of O'Hanlon or Hagg.

Also we have a lot of young talent at LB why put another good player at that spot and just keep one of those talented young guys off the field, when we could have someone like Blake Lawrence and Asante on the field at the same time. Callahan did the same thing with Culbert this year when he moved him to RB when we had plenty of depth their and Major jsut sat on the bench, when he could have been making plays on D.