Rickey Thenarse says...........

NPhusker

Rickey Thenarse told Sean Callahan "I just hope the new coach plays the best players".

That kinda makes you wonder about who Callahan let play. Callahan seemed to play the kids that could learn the playbook, and instead of simplifying the system, Callahan would just play the players that new the system but werent neccesarily the most talented.

Rickey Thenarse told Sean Callahan "I just hope the new coach plays the best players".

That kinda makes you wonder about who Callahan let play. Callahan seemed to play the kids that could learn the playbook, and instead of simplifying the system, Callahan would just play the players that new the system but werent neccesarily the most talented.

Anyone remember that quote from Elmassian where he said something like for every freshman out on the field, you might as well surrender a touchdown to the other team?

If I was a freshman and better than someone playing above me but sitting because of this stupid policy, I'd be POed.

That's exactly what needs to be done. If a freshman is better than a senior play him. :thumbs

Just look what Javario Burkes and Anthony Blue did in there limited action. Freshman can be useful for things other than Special Teams (Even though they can really be good on there).

Just a few guys who come to mind that were under used in my opinion...

-Prince

-Niles

-Rickey

-Major

-Holt

That's exactly what needs to be done. If a freshman is better than a senior play him. :thumbs

Just look what Javario Burkes and Anthony Blue did in there limited action. Freshman can be useful for things other than Special Teams (Even though they can really be good on there).

Just a few guys who come to mind that were under used in my opinion...

-Prince

-Niles

-Rickey

-Major

-Holt

blue was far from being effective in a lot of folks' eyes (especially the KSU game, got burned a buch of times). the rest of the list above never got chance 1.....the next coach won't make that mistake.

maybe he was also referring to the Ganz/Keller debacle. :box

Agreed, I think Joe got the shaft. Not even a mop up until Keller goes down.

If there is no threat to a starter from the up and coming to take their jobs, they have little reason to play all out. Even Luckey admitted that he was holding back this season. Was I the only one to see this. Thought it was quite obvious

Well its hard to learn the system and get reps when your coach cuts back the walk-on program and has the NFL practice mentality where the first teamers get 95% of the reps.