If Osborne is on the road Recruiting......

I think if TO is on the road talking to recruits at this point in time, instead of talking to HC candidates, it means that he has already made up his mind who it will be, and since he is not going ahead with the announcement until next week, I believe that it is Bo Pelini. If it were to be Turner Gill, they would have no reason not to announce it...but with Bo in a Championship game this weekend, they probably agreed not to make any official announcement until it is over.

I have a pretty good feeling on this...I doubt that TO will be telling anyone, especially recruits, who it is, but will probably leave some clues as to where the program is going. Then again, he may just be wanting to let these kids know that they haven't been forgotten, too.

Would be interested in anyone elses take on TO going out talking to recruits before the next HC is announced....especially with the news coming out yesterday not to expect any kind of announcement until next week.

I think if TO is on the road talking to recruits at this point in time, instead of talking to HC candidates, it means that he has already made up his mind who it will be, and since he is not going ahead with the announcement until next week, I believe that it is Bo Pelini. If it were to be Turner Gill, they would have no reason not to announce it...but with Bo in a Championship game this weekend, they probably agreed not to make any official announcement until it is over.

I have a pretty good feeling on this...I doubt that TO will be telling anyone, especially recruits, who it is, but will probably leave some clues as to where the program is going. Then again, he may just be wanting to let these kids know that they haven't been forgotten, too.

Would be interested in anyone elses take on TO going out talking to recruits before the next HC is announced....especially with the news coming out yesterday not to expect any kind of announcement until next week.

My source, Magic 8-Ball, indicates that it will not be Bo Pelini or Turner Gill. My source, which is usually 60% right, indicates that all signs point to yes for Rich Rodriguez. Since he has a game this weekend, it makes sense. The other coach in the running, according to my trusted source, is June Jones.

My source, Magic 8-Ball, indicates that it will not be Bo Pelini or Turner Gill. My source, which is usually 60% right, indicates that all signs point to yes for Rich Rodriguez. Since he has a game this weekend, it makes sense. The other coach in the running, according to my trusted source, is June Jones.

Good ol' trusty 8-ball... ;)

I have no clue as to who the new coach will be, however i do think TO has already got his choice. Why else would he be on the recruiting trail while he could be interviewing coaches? Recruiting doesn't do much good if you cant give kids any hints as to what direction the program is going. I am thinking an announcement will be made early next week after all of championship games have been played and the season is officially over. In T.O. We Trust. :thumbs

I have no clue as to who the new coach will be, however i do think TO has already got his choice. Why else would he be on the recruiting trail while he could be interviewing coaches? Recruiting doesn't do much good if you cant give kids any hints as to what direction the program is going. I am thinking an announcement will be made early next week after all of championship games have been played and the season is officially over. In T.O. We Trust. :thumbs

Could mean Pelini...could also mean that he has one or two more coaches that he'd like to interview that have games this weekend and would not interview until after (i.e. Paul Johnson maybe?).

I think hes meeting with Gill becuzz its way 2 early 2 be meeting with recruits this early and besides i herd Gill waz going down 2 flordia 2 meet with recruits and then T.O. said he waz going 2 flordia 2 meet with recruits now do u think they both would go 2 flordia and not talk about the head coaching job?? :rollin

Maybe Dr. Tom is waiting until after the weekend to talk to Johnson or some other coach that has a game this weekend.

With Osborne on the recruiting trail at the moment, does that mean he is the interim head coach?

Yes, he has named himself as such.

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=1200...;u_sid=10196514

Damn that OWH -- site will not come up for me at the moment. Thanks!

The mark of a good coach is to make the opponenet think you are doing one thing and you do the opposite. I have no doubt TO is talking to kids but this looks to be a way he can get some things done without haveing a tape recorder or mike stuck in his face.

We will get THE PLAN very soon but I think after last weekend TO decided to calm things down intil all the conference games etc are over with.

Hang tight Husker fans this is gonna be good!!! :woo:corndance:woo:corndance