Are we ready to be 'new fans'?

TLS2

As we look forward to a new head coach for our beloved Huskers, I'm wondering if the fans are ready to be 'new fans'. I've seen a very ugly side of people who call themselves 'Husker Fans' that I hope I don't ever see again. I hope that whoever comes in, even if it is someone who has been here before, we will be the 'best fans in the nation' once again, not a bunch of whiners and complainers.

Anyway, just food for thought. The new coach and the players old and new are going to need all the support we can give them. Are we up to supporting them, Husker fans?

As we look forward to a new head coach for our beloved Huskers, I'm wondering if the fans are ready to be 'new fans'. I've seen a very ugly side of people who call themselves 'Husker Fans' that I hope I don't ever see again. I hope that whoever comes in, even if it is someone who has been here before, we will be the 'best fans in the nation' once again, not a bunch of whiners and complainers.

Anyway, just food for thought. The new coach and the players old and new are going to need all the support we can give them. Are we up to supporting them, Husker fans?

:violin

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

I don't need to be a "new fan" I like the way I always have been. Red to the bone, never wavering, always supporting Nebraska football no matter what. Did I want Callahan and Cosgrove to be gone. Absolutely. Does this make me a "whinner and complainer"? No way. What it makes me is a Husker Fan who took offence at what Callahan and his boss did with the program. To disrespect decades of Husker Tradition is inexcuseable. Did I want Cosgrove gone. Absolutely. He turned the Blackshirts into a lackluster group of namby-pambies.

Do I need to be a "new fan"? Am I a "whinner and complainer"? No, I'm just a Husker fan, today, tomorow, till the day I die and they put me in the ground, resting peacefully in a scarlet and creame coffin.

...T_O_B

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

:violin

:band

I will support the program, always. That I know.

I sure hope that we NU fans react better with the new coaches and treat them better than we did the last coaches.

I sure hope that we NU fans react better with the new coaches and treat them better than we did the last coaches.

My point exactly. If you're a true husker fan, you will support them no matter what. You won't boo them or pick on the coaches kids. THAT kind of behavior is not acceptable for true husker fans.

Totally agree.

lol. look at all the hate pelini is already getting

If I could wish for one thing for the "new fans" it would be a set between their legs so they would stop grabbing for a box of tissues every single time someone says something they don't like.

The issue is not how others treat us but rather how we treat others. Being offended is not in view --- not being offensive is what is in view. Character matters. TO is a man of character. NU fans should emulate the humility, kindness, and overall generosity we see in our old coach. NU fans have been very civil and noble --- when they win all the time. I think this thread is about how degraded the NU fan base has become now that NU is no longer a competitive program. So, without putting words into the mouth of the person who launched this thread, I think they are hoping that the Husker team becomes competitive again but, moreover, that we NU fans exhibit class and function as good sports throughout the process. That means exhibiting patience and expressing good character. What we have seen this season from many NU fans --- and many on this board --- has been rather pathetic. Lets both win well and lose well as we support our team, our coaches (past, present, and future), our university and our state. This is what, I think, this thread is simply calling us to do.

Only a bandwagon fan would need to be a new fan so no ill keep on keeping on.

Question?

Someone comes up to you and says:

"I'm a new husker fan... I follow the leader and do what I am told"

Do you...

A) take them under your wing and lead them on to the path of glory.

B ) Say how many froot loops have had t'day boy, you are off your rocker,

C) say "welcome to the fold we need easily swayed fools like you"

N) give them a right smack on the brow and say "Get the F back to Oklahoma where simple minded tards like you belong".

The answer seems easy to me. he he he

Question?

Do you...

N) give them a right smack on the brow and say "Get the F back to Oklahoma where simple minded tards like you belong".

The answer is easy to me as well. It's easily E) tell them to get on a Honda because everyone knows that when I follow the leader because he's on a Honda.

Question?

Do you...

The answer is easy to me as well. It's easily E) tell them to get on a Honda because everyone knows that when I follow the leader because he's on a Honda.

so "It's easily E) tell them to get on a Honda because everyone knows that when I follow the leader because he's on a Honda." makes sense in english?

I must have missed a few classes.