Pelini with LSU for a bowl game?

Almost no doubt that Pelini will join NU immediately if they are not in NC game.... this is what is normally the case....most of the times, even the HC leaves for his new job....they will have an interim DC for the bowl game...

Just my opinion....based on nothing but my "empty skull".

Almost no doubt that Pelini will join NU immediately if they are not in NC game.... this is what is normally the case....most of the times, even the HC leaves for his new job....they will have an interim DC for the bowl game...

Just my opinion....based on nothing but my "empty skull".

I am pretty sure that you are right. Usually coaches will leave if they are not going to be playing in the NC. Lets hope that he will be here right away to start recruiting.

I see Pelini leaving even if LSU does go to the NC. If he takes over as HC he has an obligation to himself and Nebraska to start recruiting and putting a staff together.

What good would he be doing by trying to coach LSU for a bowl game and trying to get a staff together at the same time. He just has to look at what Stoops brother did when they went and played for the NC.

For what it's worth ESPN (I know there have been very reliable this week) believe LSU will be in the National Championship.

I don't see that. There are 4 teams ranked ahead of them even after tonight.

LSU has the best shot to get into the MNC. Georgia and Kansas both did not play in their respective Conf Championship Game and after the debacle with Nebraska in 01, voters won't allow it to happen again. LSU also beat VaTech by 41pts so obviously LSU wins the head-to-head match. I will not be surprised if the MNC is an Ohio St vs LSU matchup. Or, it's quite possible OU makes a big move up the rankings after beating Mizzou.

For what it's worth ESPN (I know there have been very reliable this week) believe LSU will be in the National Championship.

GA/KU wont be considered for the NC as they didn't even win thier division, nevertheless the conference. The SEC is undoubtedly the toughest conference in the nation, and both games LSU lost were in triple overtime(sudden death). Not to mention LSU should jump over VT as they throttled them earlier in the season.

LSU has the best shot to get into the MNC. Georgia and Kansas both did not play in their respective Conf Championship Game and after the debacle with Nebraska in 01, voters won't allow it to happen again. LSU also beat VaTech by 41pts so obviously LSU wins the head-to-head match. I will not be surprised if the MNC is an Ohio St vs LSU matchup. Or, it's quite possible OU makes a big move up the rankings after beating Mizzou.

Actually, They let an Oklahoma team play for the NC after they loss the Big 12 championship game against Kansas state. There is no rule you have to play for your conference champonship.

Hawaii has the biggest complaint since they are 12-0.

Actually, They let an Oklahoma team play for the NC after they loss the Big 12 championship game against Kansas state. There is no rule you have to play for your conference champonship.

Hawaii has the biggest complaint since they are 12-0.

And they also let NU play for it when they didnt even make it but thats not the point..

Never said there are "rules" to get into the NC game but pollsters will vote LSU ahead of GA and Kansas. If you saw Missouri got smoked by OU. Kansas would have been worse. GA isnt that good and have had an easy schedule. VT got ridden over by LSU earlier in the season. All of these things will be taken into account when the pollsters vote.

Oh and Hawaii doesnt have room to say anything. They are 12-0 Yes but they also are ranked 119th in the nation in SOS. if they played ina tougher conference they would probably lose 3 games. Brennan is a solid QB but their conference in absolutely horrid.

If it comes to LSU in the NC game, I truly expect Bo to try to do "both"...... I know this isn't a great recipe, but very possible, and HAS been done.....

If announced tomorrow, Bo will have approx. a week-10 days off from LSU before they begin preparation.....pretty standard.....during those 10 days, he will be in Lincoln, starting to put together a staff and recruit....

Once LSU begins preparation, he could join the team and "share" DC duties with the LB's coach.....(who will probably be promoted after Bo leaves anyways)..... By "sharing" duties, Bo will have a little more freedom to keep in contact with recruits, especially visiting those in TX-LA, and keep looking for staff...

This also allows him the opportunity to be with his team as they get the chance to play for a NC.....this doesn't happen everyday...... Bo deserves the chance to add a NC to his resume.... I can't see Dr. Tom expecting Bo to "walk away" from this opportunity...... regular bowl game....yes, but not the NC...

If he is able to do both, why wouldn't NU fans want him in the spot-light again in the NC.....think of the national attention we will get every time they show Bo on the side-line......and as his defense is swarming an OSU team, who has only played 1 top 25 team (and lost)....... Bo will look brilliant, and recruits will see this..... We all know that early recruiting means crap......it is what the kid thinks in Jan. that counts..

Personally, having Bo in the spot-light, giving NU national attention........ I wouldn't know why anyone would disagree with that.....unless LSU gets shelled and Bo looks bad..... then backfire.... but I don't see it.

Don't you think it would help even more if Bo could walk into a living room and say "My defense just won a NC"?