2008 Schedule

7-5 next season. It is going to take some time to reach the top. We got to give Bo or whoever a chance to right this ship. It may take a season or 2. Whatever happens they will have my support. :bonez

I say 9-4 (with a win in our Bowl game). With an improvement on defense, we win 3 or 4 more games this year. We will have a better defense next year and we will not lose a lot of offense (assuming Lucky does not go tot he NFL). Our biggest lose will be Purify, but we still have some good WR and another Juco probably coming wiht this class.

Maybe we can squeak out a 10th win, but I believe 9-4 is what we can expect.

Does anyone realize that we could be very, very good next year. Think about it. Virginia Tech, Kansas, and Missouri all at home. Those games, with a defense, are all winnable with the current offense. Texas Tech and Oklahoma are difficult road games, but I think we can beat Tech and play with Oklahoma. I still think we have at least 3 losses next year, but I also believe that all three of those losses will be close and we will have a chance. I don't think the offense is going to change that much next year, which will give us a chance. GBR and be on the lookout, there are upset warnings posted for the nation all next year!!!!!!!

Does anyone realize that we could be very, very good next year. Think about it. Virginia Tech, Kansas, and Missouri all at home. Those games, with a defense, are all winnable with the current offense. Texas Tech and Oklahoma are difficult road games, but I think we can beat Tech and play with Oklahoma. I still think we have at least 3 losses next year, but I also believe that all three of those losses will be close and we will have a chance. I don't think the offense is going to change that much next year, which will give us a chance. GBR and be on the lookout, there are upset warnings posted for the nation all next year!!!!!!!

Depends upon if Bo can get our sad "D" fixed by next year.

here's mine

Sept. 6 - San Jose St. @ Lincoln - Win

Sept. 13 - New Mexico St. @ Lincoln - Win

Sept. 20 - Virginia Tech @ Lincoln - Win. LSU's D controled them this year. I think Bo can get our D to do the same.

Sept. 27 - W. Michigan @ Lincoln - Win

Oct. 4 - Missouri @ Lincoln - Win. In a shoot out. We score a last second TD.

Oct. 11 - @ Texas Tech - Loss

Oct. 18 - @ Iowa State - Win

Oct. 25 - Baylor @ Lincoln - Win

Nov. 1 - @ Oklahoma - Loss. Interesting game; the rivalry, Bo vs his old team.

Nov. 8 - Kansas @ Lincoln - Win. We hang 76 on them

Nov. 15 - @ Kansas St - Win. I think this will be close game.

Nov. 28 - Colorado - Win. Secure a spot in the Big XII championship

Here's mine....9-3

Sept. 20 - Virginia Tech @ Lincoln - Win

Oct. 4 - Missouri @ Lincoln - Loss

Oct. 11 - @ Texas Tech - Loss

Nov. 1 - @ Oklahoma - Loss

Nov. 8 - Kansas @ Lincoln - Win

Nov. 15 - @ Kansas St - Win

Nov. 28 - Colorado - Win

Sept. 20 - Virginia Tech @ Lincoln - Push -- Pressure will be at a fever pitch for this game. Bo's first real test. If we pull out the win, look for a top 20 ranking here.

Oct. 4 - Missouri @ Lincoln - Push -- They'll be without Daniels next year right? He's a big part of their magic right now. If we can pull this one out, we can start dreaming about the Big 12 north.

Oct. 11 - @ Texas Tech - Push -- The first test on the road. If we pull these out we might be toying with a top 10 ranking...

Nov. 1 - @ Oklahoma - Loss -- They just have too much talent and experience on the field and the sidelines. We'll need something to shoot for next year. But how sweet would this win be if it were possible? Only Texas would be better from my perspective and we'll get our shot at them in 2009.

Nov. 8 - Kansas @ Lincoln - Win -- I think a stronger defense would shut these guys down in a hurry.

Nov. 15 - @ Kansas St - Win

Nov. 28 - Colorado - Win -- You have to believe that this one will come our way in Lincoln after the embarassing drubbing we took in Boulder this year.

So I count three tossup games there (VA Tech, MO, and TT). If we take one of the three, that would have us with 3 losses. You probably have to add in a fourth for a random bad performance somewhere along the line though (parity and all that you know). So four losses seems like a conservatively optimistic prediction.

This would leave us with a bowl berth for win #9. We'd end the year 9-4 and very possibly ranked alright.

But just because I can't help myself, what if we were to take down Va Tech and MO in Lincoln and avoid any of those road stumbles? The schedule looks very favorable next year. Could you picture the November 1st game in Norman with two unbeaten powers squaring off again? It gives me chills to think about it!

It's a delusional fantasy, but I couldn't resist.

Huskers 2008: 9-4, highest ranking of the year #14, final ranking #19

San Jose State -W- 77-0 Joe Ganz intercepts his own pass for a TD.

New Mexico State -W- 56-3 Bo Pelini pulls starters with 1:13 left in game for allowing first points of season.

Virginia Tech -W- 35-31 Bo Pelini tackles VT kick returner running down sideline to save the game for NU. Bo Pelini fined $10,000 by NCAA and must sit out 2 game suspension.

W. Michigan -W- 88-0 Tom Osborne reinstated as interim coach until Pelini comes off suspension.

Missouri -W- 42-7 Chase Daniel has 4 picks, (2 int, 2 nose) the second interception returned by a player with the name Bolini written by a Sharpie on the back of a plain white t-shirt. Bo Pelini was unable to be reached for comment after the game due to his suspension from coaching duties.

Texas Tech -W- 70-10 Bo instructs the defense to allow TT to score 10 points in the final minute to avenge 2004 game.

Iowa State -W- 93-0 Bo asks T.O. if he has the power to kick ISU out of the Big 12.

Baylor -W- 4-0 Bo asks band if they had ever thought of playing offense. ESPN runs human interest story on the day. Defense holds Baylor to -56 yards with two safeties.

Oklahoma -W- 28-27 Bo sends busload of NU sorority girls to Oklahoma's hotel. When asked by ESPN to comment on the move by Pelini, Bob Stoops admits it was a good coaching move, and that he honestly should have thought of it first.

Kansas -W- 51-10 During halftime, Pelini tells his players "I'm thinkin' National Championship." Mangino tells his: "I'm thinkin' Arby's"

Kansas State -W- 70-3 After the game Pelini rushes to the other sideline and yells at Prince for allowing him to run up the score.

Colorado -W- 69-14 Pelini has each player go over to the Colorado sideline and tell Hawkins that bowl cuts are out of style. Coach Hawkins goes to the locker room to cry it out and his son stays to console him most of the game.

Texas- B12 Championship -W- 34-21 Pelini sneaks into Bevo's stable and cuts out major organs, feeding them to his defensive players. PETA bans Pelini from the state of Texas.

Florida - NC Game -W- 45-17 In his halftime speech, Bo tells a story from his childhood, how an alligator killed his father and ran off with his mother and all he ever wanted was revenge. The Huskers respond by scoring 45 unanswered points.

I think our 3 toughest games next year will be -

Virg Tech - should win Bo is familiar with this team. Nearly shut them out this year.

Oklahoma -

Iowa State - They just keep getting better, they will be the competing with us next year for the B12. This will be the tie breaker game.

Whoever is coach I think we are this good.

April '08 - Spring Game - Husker Victory

Sept. 20 - Virginia Tech @ Lincoln - ????? I think that we win on a blocked punt!

Oct. 4 - Missouri @ Lincoln - Win (they are now on a downward spiral back to where they belong)

Oct. 11 - @ Texas Tech - Win

Nov. 1 - @ Oklahoma - Loss - They just don't loss talent, or at home.

Nov. 8 - Kansas @ Lincoln - Win. Huge win they weren't that good this year.

Nov. 15 - @ Kansas St - Win, there run is over.

Nov. 28 - Colorado - Win, ORDER RESTORED (shirts showed up on the field a little early)

However, if we do not I can not claim any responsiblity for this post. :nutz

Don't really care about the W's next year. It's all about playing as a TEAM and kicking some Butt!! :bonez