2008 Schedule

San Jose State -W- 77-0 Joe Ganz intercepts his own pass for a TD.

New Mexico State -W- 56-3 Bo Pelini pulls starters with 1:13 left in game for allowing first points of season.

Virginia Tech -W- 35-31 Bo Pelini tackles VT kick returner running down sideline to save the game for NU. Bo Pelini fined $10,000 by NCAA and must sit out 2 game suspension.

W. Michigan -W- 88-0 Tom Osborne reinstated as interim coach until Pelini comes off suspension.

Missouri -W- 42-7 Chase Daniel has 4 picks, (2 int, 2 nose) the second interception returned by a player with the name Bolini written by a Sharpie on the back of a plain white t-shirt. Bo Pelini was unable to be reached for comment after the game due to his suspension from coaching duties.

Texas Tech -W- 70-10 Bo instructs the defense to allow TT to score 10 points in the final minute to avenge 2004 game.

Iowa State -W- 93-0 Bo asks T.O. if he has the power to kick ISU out of the Big 12.

Baylor -W- 4-0 Bo asks band if they had ever thought of playing offense. ESPN runs human interest story on the day. Defense holds Baylor to -56 yards with two safeties.

Oklahoma -W- 28-27 Bo sends busload of NU sorority girls to Oklahoma's hotel. When asked by ESPN to comment on the move by Pelini, Bob Stoops admits it was a good coaching move, and that he honestly should have thought of it first.

Kansas -W- 51-10 During halftime, Pelini tells his players "I'm thinkin' National Championship." Mangino tells his: "I'm thinkin' Arby's"

Kansas State -W- 70-3 After the game Pelini rushes to the other sideline and yells at Prince for allowing him to run up the score.

Colorado -W- 69-14 Pelini has each player go over to the Colorado sideline and tell Hawkins that bowl cuts are out of style. Coach Hawkins goes to the locker room to cry it out and his son stays to console him most of the game.

Texas- B12 Championship -W- 34-21 Pelini sneaks into Bevo's stable and cuts out major organs, feeding them to his defensive players. PETA bans Pelini from the state of Texas.

Florida - NC Game -W- 45-17 In his halftime speech, Bo tells a story from his childhood, how an alligator killed his father and ran off with his mother and all he ever wanted was revenge. The Huskers respond by scoring 45 unanswered points.

That Was Awsome. Although i disagree about the isu comment. I live in iowa and i think these teams are backwards. This state needs to be backing isu not iowa. The big12 is a much better conference and hence more money to the state. If it were to put all its recruting talent into isu and not iowa then isu would be a formatable foe on top of getting the university and the state much respect. Lets face it when you compare the big 12 to the big 10 there is no comparison.

Ben

San Jose State -W- 77-0 Joe Ganz intercepts his own pass for a TD.

New Mexico State -W- 56-3 Bo Pelini pulls starters with 1:13 left in game for allowing first points of season.

Virginia Tech -W- 35-31 Bo Pelini tackles VT kick returner running down sideline to save the game for NU. Bo Pelini fined $10,000 by NCAA and must sit out 2 game suspension.

W. Michigan -W- 88-0 Tom Osborne reinstated as interim coach until Pelini comes off suspension.

Missouri -W- 42-7 Chase Daniel has 4 picks, (2 int, 2 nose) the second interception returned by a player with the name Bolini written by a Sharpie on the back of a plain white t-shirt. Bo Pelini was unable to be reached for comment after the game due to his suspension from coaching duties.

Texas Tech -W- 70-10 Bo instructs the defense to allow TT to score 10 points in the final minute to avenge 2004 game.

Iowa State -W- 93-0 Bo asks T.O. if he has the power to kick ISU out of the Big 12.

Baylor -W- 4-0 Bo asks band if they had ever thought of playing offense. ESPN runs human interest story on the day. Defense holds Baylor to -56 yards with two safeties.

Oklahoma -W- 28-27 Bo sends busload of NU sorority girls to Oklahoma's hotel. When asked by ESPN to comment on the move by Pelini, Bob Stoops admits it was a good coaching move, and that he honestly should have thought of it first.

Kansas -W- 51-10 During halftime, Pelini tells his players "I'm thinkin' National Championship." Mangino tells his: "I'm thinkin' Arby's"

Kansas State -W- 70-3 After the game Pelini rushes to the other sideline and yells at Prince for allowing him to run up the score.

Colorado -W- 69-14 Pelini has each player go over to the Colorado sideline and tell Hawkins that bowl cuts are out of style. Coach Hawkins goes to the locker room to cry it out and his son stays to console him most of the game.

Texas- B12 Championship -W- 34-21 Pelini sneaks into Bevo's stable and cuts out major organs, feeding them to his defensive players. PETA bans Pelini from the state of Texas.

Florida - NC Game -W- 45-17 In his halftime speech, Bo tells a story from his childhood, how an alligator killed his father and ran off with his mother and all he ever wanted was revenge. The Huskers respond by scoring 45 unanswered points.

I'm still laughing, that was solid, but here are my picks, feel free to tear them apart....

I think 8 wins are very realistic, The Va Tech, Mizzou, ISU, and OU games will be the ones that could go either way. I honestly think we could beat Va Tech and especially OU. By the time we play OU, the defense would have had time to gel, and with the proper amount of motivation, we could give OU a hell of a ball game...

Whoever is coach I think we are this good.

April '08 - Spring Game - Husker Victory

Sept. 6 - San Jose St. @ Lincoln - Win

Sept. 13 - New Mexico St. @ Lincoln - Win

Sept. 20 - Virginia Tech @ Lincoln - ????? I think that we win on a blocked punt!

Sept. 27 - W. Michigan @ Lincoln - Win

Oct. 4 - Missouri @ Lincoln - Win (they are now on a downward spiral back to where they belong)

Oct. 11 - @ Texas Tech - Win

Oct. 18 - @ Iowa State - Win

Oct. 25 - Baylor @ Lincoln - Win

Nov. 1 - @ Oklahoma - Loss - They just don't loss talent, or at home.

Nov. 8 - Kansas @ Lincoln - Win. Huge win they weren't that good this year.

Nov. 15 - @ Kansas St - Win, there run is over.

Nov. 28 - Colorado - Win, ORDER RESTORED (shirts showed up on the field a little early)

However, if we do not I can not claim any responsiblity for this post. :nutz

Missouri on a downward spiral?.. 11-2, North Champions.. only two losses to a very good if not great OU team? Daniel returns with 7 starters on offense, 9 starters on an improving top of the conference defense?

I guess if I were a Husker fan, I would be thinking the same thing, in fact I did for years when MU really did suck...

Good Luck to the Huskers

Why losses at Texas Tech? Bo knows how to stop an immobile QB in spread formation! :cheers

Ummmmmmm. The Hogs hung 52 on him

Good point, but that was the DMC show that day, I am not sure TT has anything close to some of that caliber. TT doen't lose 4 games for no reason. We will have to catch them on average day and get a rush and make tackles (no yards after catch).

Oh, I forgot my final prediction for the year:

"After the season, Bo Pelini gets mad at Kirk Herbstreit and Mark May calling his BCS championship tainted due to the "cupcake schedule" so gets all BCS conference commissioners together in a room and holds them hostage for 37 days without food or water until they agree to a playoff, retroactive to the previous season. Bo proceeds to lead Nebraska to 118 victories, thereby defeating every Division I team in the playoffs. Bo then issues an invitation to the NFL for any team to play Nebraska. No team accepts his offer."

Thus it is written, let it be so...

I'm pretty sure that the Cornhuskers will be an improved team in 2008 but they will NOT beat ISU and here's why:

First of all...ISU is in Ames. Ames starts with A and our coach at ISU is Gene Chizek, the only HC in the Big 12 with a Z in his name. This should tell everyone that the Cyclones will have the Huskers covered from A to Z.

Second...the Huskers will be coming to Ames...a...on a Bus...b. A comes before B. Not only that but the Bus will follow the route of I-80 east to I-35 north. Both routes start with I, the first letter of ISU.

Third...when you count the letters in I (9th letter in the alphabet), S (19th) and U (21st), you come up with a total of 49. When you add the 4+9 you get the number 13! Bad luck for Nebraska! In addition…if you do the same thing for the letters in Iowa, you come up with 48...but you have to add an A in there (to designate Ames, as opposed to Iowa City, home of those Hawkeye thugs) so then you get the 48 + the 1 (for the A) and come up with 49 again! Add those two numbers (4+9) and you once again come up with 13!! Double bad luck for the Cornhuskers!

Now..for the really convincing evidence. Nebraska Cornhuskers contains every available vowel except one...the "I" which just happens to be the first letter of ISU. Iowa State Cyclones, meanwhile contains every available vowel except "U". This means we will be kicking "U" out of the Huskers so we can complete our rise to our predetermined Big 12 destiny! And THAT my friends, is as solid of a scientific explanation as you are going to ever get this side of Al Gore and global warming.

Does anyone realize that we could be very, very good next year. Think about it. Virginia Tech, Kansas, and Missouri all at home. Those games, with a defense, are all winnable with the current offense. Texas Tech and Oklahoma are difficult road games, but I think we can beat Tech and play with Oklahoma. I still think we have at least 3 losses next year, but I also believe that all three of those losses will be close and we will have a chance. I don't think the offense is going to change that much next year, which will give us a chance. GBR and be on the lookout, there are upset warnings posted for the nation all next year!!!!!!!

Isn't Mo graduating this year? So who is going to be the top reciever for Ganz next year?

I'm pretty sure that the Cornhuskers will be an improved team in 2008 but they will NOT beat ISU and here's why:

First of all...ISU is in Ames. Ames starts with A and our coach at ISU is Gene Chizek, the only HC in the Big 12 with a Z in his name. This should tell everyone that the Cyclones will have the Huskers covered from A to Z.

Second...the Huskers will be coming to Ames...a...on a Bus...b. A comes before B. Not only that but the Bus will follow the route of I-80 east to I-35 north. Both routes start with I, the first letter of ISU.

Third...when you count the letters in I (9th letter in the alphabet), S (19th) and U (21st), you come up with a total of 49. When you add the 4+9 you get the number 13! Bad luck for Nebraska! In addition…if you do the same thing for the letters in Iowa, you come up with 48...but you have to add an A in there (to designate Ames, as opposed to Iowa City, home of those Hawkeye thugs) so then you get the 48 + the 1 (for the A) and come up with 49 again! Add those two numbers (4+9) and you once again come up with 13!! Double bad luck for the Cornhuskers!

Now..for the really convincing evidence. Nebraska Cornhuskers contains every available vowel except one...the "I" which just happens to be the first letter of ISU. Iowa State Cyclones, meanwhile contains every available vowel except "U". This means we will be kicking "U" out of the Huskers so we can complete our rise to our predetermined Big 12 destiny! And THAT my friends, is as solid of a scientific explanation as you are going to ever get this side of Al Gore and global warming.

Isn't it Iowa State University Cyclones, OOP there's that "U" loosing to the Huskers.

WAAAY tOO EARLY FOR THIS!!

But, I'll play...

Sept. 6 - San Jose St. @ Lincoln - Win

Sept. 13 - New Mexico St. @ Lincoln - Win

Sept. 20 - Virginia Tech @ Lincoln - Loss

Sept. 27 - W. Michigan @ Lincoln - Win

Oct. 4 - Missouri @ Lincoln - Loss

Oct. 11 - @ Texas Tech - Loss

Oct. 18 - @ Iowa State - Win

Oct. 25 - Baylor @ Lincoln - Win

Nov. 1 - @ Oklahoma - Loss -

Nov. 8 - Kansas @ Lincoln - Loss

Nov. 15 - @ Kansas St - Win

Nov. 28 - Colorado - loss

Of course, every game is winnable. ;)

My ridiculously early predictions are for my entertainment value only, and are based on NOTHING intelligent as I coudn't possibly hazard a real guess so early on.

Hell the staff isn't even picked yet.

Just an internet poster wasting a little time.

As always, opinions vary...

GO BO!!

Oct. 4 - Missouri @ Lincoln - Push -- They'll be without Daniels next year right? He's a big part of their magic right now. If we can pull this one out, we can start dreaming about the Big 12 north.

Chase DANIEL (NO S IN DANIEL) is s junior this year, next year is his senior season.

After he graduates there's this guy named "blaine gabbert"