If these fellows on this board that claim to have gotten it right . . . those fellows telling us about "banking" the firing of Peterson, the hiring of Osborne, the firing of Callahan, and the hiring of Pellini . . . IF THEY REALLY DID KNOW WHAT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN MONTHS AGO . . .

AND if it was based upon inside information that they had . . .

AND if that information regarded schemes and intentions by a group of influential boosters . . .

isn't that a conspiracy?

Just wondering.

Is that a violation of state statutes regarding open government and use of taxpayer money?

Just wondering.

Did Osborne really interview any other coach prospects in earnest?

Just wondering.

The only things I can think of right to reply to your post would be negative and would grant me a warning so Ill just stick to this..

You have got to be joking me.

Did I miss something here? Are my facts wrong? I'm just saying that this whole thing stinks to high heaven. IBR knew months ago EXACTLY what was going to happen. Doesn't this mean anything at all to you?

The only things I can think of right to reply to your post would be negative and would grant me a warning so Ill just stick to this..

Did I miss something here? Are my facts wrong? I'm just saying that this whole thing stinks to high heaven. IBR knew months ago EXACTLY what was going to happen. Doesn't this mean anything at all to you?

Not really. IBR hasn't been right about everything. He heard from some boosters that Pederson was going to get fired a couple days before it happened. I dont see where he said Osborne was going to get hired. If he said EVERYTHING 2-3 months ago in a post and was correct about everything at THAT time then maybe just maybe you would have any kind of valid point. IBR came in and said things at the times that things were going to happen, which would make perfect sense as the process went along. Theres no consipracy, theres nothing going on behind the scenes.

Some people always try to find a conspiracy in everything. :bang

And as far as Osborne interviewing people in earnest, Yeah Im sure he did. I have no question about that.

1. No, he didn't know EXACTLY what was going to happen. About half his information was wrong. Absurd, really.

2. The information he had correct could have just as easily been speculation as all season long the fan favorite has been Bo Pelini. I felt ever since Tom was hired that Bo would probably be the coach, and now it looks like he will be.

3. What you listed aren't facts. They're tenants of a theoretical position.

4. Your readiness to look for a conspiracy in just about everything you comment on should trouble you more than the so-called 'questionable' actions you see Dr. Tom performing. If ever there was a man who deserved a little more respect than that, it's him.

5. The simplest explanation is usually the best one. It's much easier to believe that Tom conducted the search just as he outlined it. All his actions over the past few weeks indicate that. We have no reason to reject it except the word of a fourteen year-old (judging by his writing style) who wants to feel important on a message board. It's not unreasonable to think he might have had a candidate in mind who he favored, but such is human nature and such is the way of the world. If you want to extend your definition of a foul conspiracy to include basic human inclinations, by all means, make your life that much more complicated.

So, now can you go back to looking for Atlantis?

X

Tom obviously saw something in Pelini five years ago that he liked. I do believe that he talked with Gill, Grobe, and possibly others, but he decided to go with Pelini.

What's with the "stinks to high heaven"? This isn't Watergate. Tom Osborne is our A.D. if only for a while and the decision is his. Yeah, it would be interesting to know how he came to this decision, but he certainly doesn't owe us anything.

I do believe IBRs predictions would go hand in hand with what 400,000 or 500,000 other people in Ne thought. No offense to IBR, but fire Peterson, hire TO as AD, and hire BP as HC, isn't too hard to come up with.

And I seem to remember in another thread he said he was hitting about 60%. Well I just flipped a coin 10 times. Heads Bo was coming, tails it was Martha Stewart. Heads came up 6 times out of 10, so we all know what that means. But then I didn't think Martha knew much about defense anyway. If she did she wouldn't have spent time decorating a jail cell.

If these fellows on this board that claim to have gotten it right . . . those fellows telling us about "banking" the firing of Peterson, the hiring of Osborne, the firing of Callahan, and the hiring of Pellini . . . IF THEY REALLY DID KNOW WHAT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN MONTHS AGO . . .

AND if that information regarded schemes and intentions by a group of influential boosters . . .

isn't that a conspiracy?

Just wondering.

Is that a violation of state statutes regarding open government and use of taxpayer money?

Just wondering.

Just wondering.

crazy.gif

isn't that a conspiracy?

Just wondering.

Just wondering.

Just wondering.

:laughpound

Well OK, my suggestion is to attain employment and aspire to be good at said trade. That should busy up any unused brain space worrying about this.

Tom obviously saw something in Pelini five years ago that he liked. I do believe that he talked with Gill, Grobe, and possibly others, but he decided to go with Pelini.

What's with the "stinks to high heaven"? This isn't Watergate. Tom Osborne is our A.D. if only for a while and the decision is his. Yeah, it would be interesting to know how he came to this decision, but he certainly doesn't owe us anything.

Yeah, I would love to know TO's thought process regarding the hire. It seems he passed up the opportunity to uncover a killer candidate in favor of healing the wounds of Husker fans by hiring the favorite. I hope he knows something that the others who have passed on BO don't. I'm happy with BO, but it looks, possibly, like TO just played it safe.

isn't that a conspiracy?

Just wondering.

Just wondering.

Just wondering.

Well IBR or whoever else the "sources" were on here knew since the middle of October I think. I wondered with all the "Pelini sightings" all fingers pointed to Bo. I think this was in play the minute Pederson was fired and also a big reason why he was fired...to make way for Bo to come back. I wonder how much TO played in the decision ultimately or was it really the boosters? I think Bo will be great and I am pumped but honestly with the VERY deep pockets of some of the boosters, particuarly in Omaha, we could've paid whatever amount to get a Kelly or Grobe or whoever really.

Scott

Not really. IBR hasn't been right about everything. He heard from some boosters that Pederson was going to get fired a couple days before it happened. I dont see where he said Osborne was going to get hired. If he said EVERYTHING 2-3 months ago in a post and was correct about everything at THAT time then maybe just maybe you would have any kind of valid point. IBR came in and said things at the times that things were going to happen, which would make perfect sense as the process went along. Theres no consipracy, theres nothing going on behind the scenes.

And as far as Osborne interviewing people in earnest, Yeah Im sure he did. I have no question about that.

IBR said on 10/15/07 that Pud was fired, TO as interim Ad and top candidate was Bo. I think all of this was decided a while back. Wasn't it a month ago that Simi Kuli whos #1 choice was LSU decided to come to Nebraska?? Freemason, as much as I hate to admit it, may be on to something.

Scott

IBR said on 10/15/07 that Pud was fired, TO as interim Ad and top candidate was Bo. I think all of this was decided a while back. Wasn't it a month ago that Simi Kuli whos #1 choice was LSU decided to come to Nebraska?? Freemason, as much as I hate to admit it, may be on to something.

Scott

all he's on is massive amounts of drugs, and i want those because they must be great South american stuff. Ok, did you forget the "callahan will step down before the texas game(or was it after?) or the mcbride as interim HC, or the 3 other people getting fired during the season? stop being a homer, get a life, or get a tin foil cap that i'll sell to you for 5 bucks, it also stops the government from using mind control devices on you.

You didn't state ANY facts, just supposition based upon temporal coincidence. You then ascribe to the accused parties knowlege and or intent which has no basis in fact whatsoever. Just like all the other conspiracy reactionaries in the world. Even if what you posted was factual, it was certainly not ALL the facts.

Until you have irrefutable proof of such slanderous statements, I'd suggest you just go away.

Here's my 2 cents worth. The boosters are running the program. At the time IBR stated his information, it was just what the boosters WANTED to happen. IBR stated Pud would be fired, he was. He stated TO would become intermim AD, and he did. He stated that the boosters wanted Pelini back in here. At that time, nobody knew whether we could get him back. It was just stated that is who we wanted.

I don't think this constitutes as a conspiracy at all. There were several things that could have happened to keep Pelini from coming here. Miles could have left LSU and Pelini could have been asked to be their HC. It was just the plan a couple of months ago to try and get him in here.