The appeal of the NFL...

T_O_Bull

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

Before you jump all over me think this through.

If it weren't for Dish TV which allows us the freedom to watch all the games.

If it weren't for the billions wagered every year.

If it weren't just a good excuse to drink beer on Sunday afternoon.

How popular would Pro-Football be?

Just a question and a desire to have your thoughts.

>>>T_O_B

:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers

• 2 weeks later...

>>>T_O_B

i think the NFL is actually becoming less popular because it's really not a fan's game anymore, atleast the super bowl isn't anymore. Getting tired of seeing crap monday and sunday night games. Making teams have caps has done nothing but hurt the NFL. No longer have true division rivalries because so many players switch teams too much. If a small market fan base doesn't want to support their team then they shouldn't deserve one. The only real reason i am watching this season is because of New England. Yeah sorry to be a downer.

>>>T_O_B

i think the NFL is actually becoming less popular because it's really not a fan's game anymore, atleast the super bowl isn't anymore. Getting tired of seeing crap monday and sunday night games. Making teams have caps has done nothing but hurt the NFL. No longer have true division rivalries because so many players switch teams too much. If a small market fan base doesn't want to support their team then they shouldn't deserve one. The only real reason i am watching this season is because of New England. Yeah sorry to be a downer.

only way i'd watch the NFL is if they had a public lynching of the patriots...on repeat for the next year.

• 2 weeks later...

I love the NFL. To me, it's about hard hits and true battles within the game. Only the best survive, and even some of those get hurt and miss out indefinately. They are no longer "kids". It's a job to win b/c they get paid. If you start and get hurt, there's someone busting his ass to get that spot. Booing is allowed, as is wearing a paper bag over your head, drinking beer, eating nachos, being a fan..... it's all good. Damn good.

The Dawg Pound in Cleveland

Cheese Heads in Green Bay

The crazy raider fans in Oakland

The Pirate Ship at Tampa Bay

Etc, etc....

I love the NFL, watching a game with my homies at our local pub, drinking beers, eating red meat or wings, rooting for our team, enjoying guys night out, and to me that's entertaining.

The only good thing about the NFL is beer at the games and the freedom for the players to celebrate their big plays/TD's. Other than that, it's difficult to follow a "team" when they have a huge roster change every year. The "rivalries" in the NFL are getting pretty lame since some team cannot compete financially. NCAA all the way!

:bonez:cheers:cheers:bonez

I love college ball, kids who know they aren't ever moving on past their last game as a senior but still playing their guts out for their school and team. This is sport not business and is the epitome of the Wide World of Sports tag line, "the Thrill of Victory, the Agony of Defeat."

I am, however, beginning to enjoy Sunday afternoon at the Pub with friends watching the NFL. Multiple screens, every game displayed in all its, mostly boring, glory. It is a social event, and we all seem to enjoy it. Those who back a team are a little more fervent but I don't see the passion I see with college ball.

>>>T_O_B

:bonez:cheers:cheers:bonez