The New Era Begins

Husker_x

The thing that struck me as I watched this afternoon's press conference was that everything Bill Callahan did wrong in his entire tenure as Head Football Coach, Bo Pelini has already done right. He specifically stated that he wants to:

*Renew the Walkon Program

*Embrace the wonderful tradition and players we've had, every last one of them, starting today.

*Bring the team and the state together as a family, the way it's meant to be.

*Take the opportunity to learn from Tom Osborne, the greatest coach to ever walk the sidelines.

*Create an honest atmosphere that noT only the University, but that the state can be proud of.

*Not be afraid to make mistakes, but to embrace this opportunity with everything he has.

I cannot even tell you how excited I am to see what Bo can do with our players. Even iN his quietest moments in a press conference, you can feel the passion that he has for the game. I think he'll make the Huskers champions again. It may not be tomorrow, but our program was built on honesty, loyalty, and effort. If he can translate those values as well as he embodies them, we'll be in for some wonderful years. There's always the threat of dark clouds on the horizon when you're dealing with an untested coach, but if Tom Osborne says he'll do the job, then I believe it.

Here's to the ressurrection of Nebraska football.

:bonez GO BIG RED :bonez

The thing that struck me as I watched this afternoon's press conference was that everything Bill Callahan did wrong in his entire tenure as Head Football Coach, Bo Pelini has already done right. He specifically stated that he wants to:

*Embrace the wonderful tradition and players we've had, every last one of them, starting today.

*Take the opportunity to learn from Tom Osborne, the greatest coach to ever walk the sidelines.

*Create an honest atmosphere that noT only the University, but that the state can be proud of.

*Not be afraid to make mistakes, but to embrace this opportunity with everything he has.

I cannot even tell you how excited I am to see what Bo can do with our players. Even iN his quietest moments in a press conference, you can feel the passion that he has for the game. I think he'll make the Huskers champions again. It may not be tomorrow, but our program was built on honesty, loyalty, and effort. If he can translate those values as well as he embodies them, we'll be in for some wonderful years. There's always the threat of dark clouds on the horizon when you're dealing with an untested coach, but if Tom Osborne says he'll do the job, then I believe it.

Man i feel ya! When i was young my mom took me to disneyworld and i almost pee'd my pants because i was so excited...today i did pee my pants! I am very excited that Bo will bring back the attitude and passion that seemed to be missing from Husker football! GBR!!!

Seconded. Our long, national (ok, state-wide) nightmare is over. And I for one am also unspeakably excited.

Admittedly, Bo's an untested commodity at head coach. But Callahan had the credentials and lacked nearly everything else that was important. Everything that Bo and TO have said and started in motion sound like a damned revelation to this Husker fan. At long-last I'm excited and hopeful about Nebraska football again.

I can't wait for next year. Go Big Red! :box:box:box

I'll bet Bo sets a new attendance record for the Spring Game.

I can't wait to see this all come together into next season.

I'm already planning to attend if at all possible. There'll be nothing better than to pack the thing until there's standing room only. I think we could put Nebraska back on the map if we sell out spring game and go nuts like it was the first of September.

X

:yeah

Wow, I was impressed with the fact that he made it a prority to show that it is not all about him. I also loved TO's comment about passion/fire ( I believe that was the word) that Pelini has and how he (TO) wasn't always known for that. He was always very stoic.

Finally we can get back to some serious TEAM WORK around here and kick some major a$$. :restore

Off to a wonderful start!

Wow! What a difference between when Pederson introduced Callahan and today when Osborne introduced Bo. Remember Pederson sitting at the table with Callahan, trying to soak up some glory for himself? Nothing like that today. Osborne did his thing and then stepped out of the way.

Go Big Red!

We are off to a fantastic start...Pelini said all the right things...and having his family show up dressed in Husker Red...nice touch. I do wish that he would have had his baggy sweatshirt on though....I like the image.

I bet we'll see alot of his Red/gray Husker baggy sweatshirt!!!!!

I can hardly wait!

We need to pack Memorial Stadium for the Spring game! :bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore WOOHOO!

did Bo say anything about how his meetings with the players went?

Asst coaches?

Missed the whole thing....

can someone recap what I missed

i missed it too, but not on purpose. all of a sudden my severe weather/nuclear attack warning siren went off, as well as the EBS on TV. The Weather Channel reported that it seems the entire state of Nebraska had all of a sudden been covered in a white, sticky substance <_< . jack bauer and chuck norris were en route to restore order, but were called off by a guy named Bo who said he had that for action. :restore

Enjoy your Bogasm. I hope you all are right about him...