Pelini May Coach LSU in NC Title Game

Wally

How would that work? It's not like he can just show up for the game. He would have to be with the team from now til then, and he said that he is going to start recruiting and putting assistants in to place over the next few days.. and he said "there's lots of work to be done" and "i'm excited to get started". There is absolutely no way he's coaching LSU in their bowl game, none.. zero, zilch.. nada. He is the Head Coach at Nebraska now, NOT Defensive Coordinator at LSU.

How would that work? It's not like he can just show up for the game. He would have to be with the team from now til then, and he said that he is going to start recruiting and putting assistants in to place over the next few days.. and he said "there's lots of work to be done" and "i'm excited to get started". There is absolutely no way he's coaching LSU in their bowl game, none.. zero, zilch.. nada. He is the Head Coach at Nebraska now, NOT Defensive Coordinator at LSU.

Well, he hasn't signed a contract yet and there is a dead period in recruiting from Dec. 17 til Jan 1. I still don't see this as a good idea.

I told my version in "rumorville" earlier in the thread that I started on the same topic.....

ESPN (we all know how to take those clowns) just said that Pelini was unsure about if he would coach or not... of course, Corso and Holtz went off and said for Bo to stay put at NU...

Positive: LSU will probably not go to work for the NC game until after the recruiting period enters the "dead period"....so Bo will not be able to do any recruiting from Lincoln that he couldn't do in Baton Rouge (texts). His staff will already be in place, so this will not be an issue.... The NU players are probably "off" until the start 2nd semester anyway... As stated above, the NC game would turn into great PR for NU and recruiting video for the Huskers..... Plus, the current players might also enjoy watching their coach claiming a NC...because LSU will kick the crap out of OSU...

Negative: he is NU coach NOW............ He needs to focus 100 % on this job....although, it is a dead period for recruiting, he needs to use this time to get kinks worked out with staff and make sure everyone is on the SAME PAGE as they entering off-season conditioning..... He needs to be in his office at Memorial Stadium with the "open door" policy to answer questions from the current players who may want to know where they stand...

I can live with the decision either way.