Pelini at work putting together a staff

One person I HOPE they get rid of is Elmo. I think his coaching of the DB's these past few years were down right HORRIBLE! Especially his patented move of "run with your back towards the ball and let the back of your helmet knock the ball away and if that don't work, just throw your arms up in the air and face guard em!". :)

Elmo confirmed he won't return as an assistant coach :w00t:w00t

THANK GOD! :horns2

I've got tremendous respect for Ron Brown, but at this point, he's been out of football for 4 years. He was a receivers coach that taught receivers how to block more than anything. I just wonder if they'd want to have him on staff.

I'm also not sure of Barney Cotton. He was a decent OC...but it really is had to say if he'd be a good OC to match what Pelini wants to do with the offense.

Cotton is a pretty good OC. He took a fairly talentless ISU offense and made it mildly amusing for 4 or 5 years. He does know how to utilize the talents of and get the most out of a QB. Look at what he did with Bret Myer. I didn't realize he was only the 3rd person in Big 12 history to amass 10,000 yards total offense until late this season. Considering he played all four years with ISU, I found that to be a major surprise. Cotton spent last season puttering around at Drake where he also put together a decent offense considering he was working with all non-scholarship players. Cotton ain't a bad choice for OC.

Cotton wouldn't be OC, he'd o-line coach. Which is the job Frank really wanted him for. Frank accepted him at OC because Gill was untested and other guys didn't take the bait. I do agree with the point about Cotton in '03 though. Lord was a safety playing qb out of necessity. He was an average option-qb that was good for the occasional play-action long-ball but otherwise couldn't pass. Cotton was playcalling/scheming with one hand tied behind his back. If we had a real qb in '03 those losses are considerably closer, Mizzou goes down to the wire.

In Lord's defense he was out there doing the best he could. If Carl Crawford had decided to play football I think Lord would have been a money strong-safety for us.