In the press conference TO mentioned that the search firm had found many coaches that were interested in the Nebraska job. I hope he lets it be known at some point who they are/were. Or will we have to wait for the book? <_<

I see no need to make it public and I'll be surprised if it does become public. There's no need to stir up controversy for the other schools involved.

In the press conference TO mentioned that the search firm had found many coaches that were interested in the Nebraska job. I hope he lets it be known at some point who they are/were. Or will we have to wait for the book? <_<

I would be willing to almost guarantee we'll never know exactly who and what was involved in 'the search'. The decision was made and it's time to move forward. It would benefit no one involved to make all that info public.

I would be willing to almost guarantee we'll never know exactly who and what was involved in 'the search'. The decision was made and it's time to move forward. It would benefit no one involved to make all that info public.

I think many were interested but NU wasn't willing to shell out the bucks they would have required so they never got interviews. They would have been eliminated at the initial phone call.

I would like to know too who was interested and how much they were interested. But I don't think that will get out. If it turns-out we let a money-hire get away it will look bad. If no big names were particularly interested or weren't willing to coach on TO's terms it will look bad. I'd imagine some semi-truths will eventually sneak out but probably nothing very concrete unless one of the candidates mentions it himself.

Personally, I think we could've gotten a proven winner HC to take the job. But I like Bo and think he can succeed for us.

I would think that some of those coaches agreed to, or wanted to, be interviewed only if it remained out of the media. In case you DON'T get the job, you don't want to burn bridges with your current employer.

I would think that some of those coaches agreed to, or wanted to, be interviewed only if it remained out of the media. In case you DON'T get the job, you don't want to burn bridges with your current employer.

Yep. AR has it exactly right. They don't want to cause problems at home if they don't get the job, so they agree to interview on condition of anonymity. Usually only the AD and maybe one or two more staffers know Coach X has even interviewed. Fans, players and boosters tend to get upset when they find out "their coach" is looking around.

Yep. AR has it exactly right. They don't want to cause problems at home if they don't get the job, so they agree to interview on condition of anonymity. Usually only the AD and maybe one or two more staffers know Coach X has even interviewed. Fans, players and boosters tend to get upset when they find out "their coach" is looking around.

Yup! That's how I feel too. I really don't want anyone knowing whether I interviewed or not, or if I was offered the job. :rollin