Osborne Greatest of All Time

Well deserved, and earned in my opinion. Fans everywhere had the chance to vote for their favorite and if people think that they didn't vote multiple times then they are wrong. I am sure that people in Nebraska are not the on;ly ones that know how to vote more than once.

Looks like we knew how to do it best, though! :wacko:

CHEATERS! IS THIS HOW OSBORNE WON HIS GAMES.... BY CHEATING?? MACRO (CHEAT) ALL YOU WANT BUT WHO IS THE NCAA FOOTBALL COACH OF THE YEAR AWARD NAMED IN HONOR OF? PAUL "BEAR" BRYANT

The Bear had too many losing seasons in there before he finally started letting black guys play. Sorry, he's not best coach of all time....

OZ WINS! :corndance

Osborne was a wonderful coach and being voted as the Greatest of all time, and, I'm sure he'll be humble as usual. I'm sure he'll wonder why a vote should have been taken in the first place becuse every coach are doing the same thing...trying to teach young players. As a fan...I thank Tom Osborne for teaching his players and staff. I really do believe Osborne deserves it....but that's only my opinion..

whatever made that portion of the crowd think only Nebraskans voted for TO? I know there's many non-nebraskas who would do the same too.. out of knowledge and respect.

so they need to sit down and accept the fact that TO is the greatest college coat of all time ^^

the % would've been a little higher if us Nebraskans did countless ip changes. CMD ftw.

The Bear had too many losing seasons in there before he finally started letting black guys play. Sorry, he's not best coach of all time....

OZ WINS! :corndance

Losing seasons: Only one - 1st at Texas A&M - noted for Junction Boys book & Movie. This Coach Bryant team won the SWC championship 2 years later. Indeed, there were a few below par (less than 10 wins) years, during the '60s, when Bama won 3 national championships. In 1966, Bryant's 11-0 Crimson Tide finished behind 9-1 Notre Dame. This twarted Bama's quest for a three-peat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Bear_Bryant

Black guys: Ever heard of Sam "The Bam" Cunningham. "He was a USC All-American fullback in the 1970s whose performance led his team to beat an all-white University of Alabama 42-21 at Birmingham on September 12, 1970 in a primetime matchup that convinced (through his play) Alabama and its fans to let Coach Bear Bryant integrate Southern football. Jerry Claiborne, a Bryant assistant, said, "Sam Cunningham did more to integrate Alabama in 60 minutes than Martin Luther King did in 20 years." This was the plan of Coach Bryant with the assistance of Coach John Mckay of Southern Cal Trojans that changed the face of college football in the South. Prior to this time state laws in Alabama and throughout the deep south prevented intergration in athletics. Southern football? Yes, Coach Bryant was the leader in Southern football and throughout the nation. :clap

In 1971 Coach Bryant adopted the wishbone offense. That plus the addition of black players gave Alabama a great decade in the '70s with national championships in 1973, 1978, & 1979.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Cunningham

Yes, Coach Osborne was a great at Nebraska. Greatest ever? Thought that was settled when they named the coach's trophy. Oh, again, what is the name of the dinner to honor Coach Osborne? ;)

:corndance