Osborne Greatest of All Time

I just figured out a macro for automating my voting. I have it running and it looks to be working. If everything goes well I should be able to get about 500 votes an hour out of it.

How you doing that?

I found a program online that is basically a key stoke recorder and I just have it repeatedly going to the site and voting.

here is the link

Link

Don't buy it, just do the try for free and they give you 21 days for free. After it is loaded open it up and pate this in as the code on the left side.

GO http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/specialsect...bowl/2007/index

WAIT 25

SELECT input;14

WAIT 200

CLICK input;18

WAIT 150

Keep pasting it until you have about 400 lines of code, any more than that and it started to bog down. Then hit the play button that is on the top of the code box. If it give you an error just hit play again, sometimes it will on the first time. when it gets done with the code just hit play again.

I saved the code on my computer so when it starts bogging down I can just restart the program, load the code and it speeds up again.

I'll help you husker fans out too, Firefox has a free extension called iMacros that will do this for you. Download and install that in your Firefox browser. Then it will be open on the sid of your browser. Go to the site and then Record whatever it is you want to do, after recording go to the Play tab and you can Play(Loop) as many times as you want. I tested this and it seems to work pretty well.

And as always, Rock Chalk!

Edit: I've had this running for less than an 30 minutes, and I'm up to 500 votes.

So... we all sent in e-mails to ESPN asking them to fix the obvious errors on Osborne's stat sheet. They took forever, but finally complied... 25 bowls in 25 years. In addition, the misspelled his name the first few days this was out and that was quickly fixed... BUT it took until today (3 or 4 weeks late) to change the color behind his name to RED! Jeez!! I think we all sent at least three e-mails to them and they finally got it done... bravo. :sarcasm

I'll help you husker fans out too, Firefox has a free extension called iMacros that will do this for you. Download and install that in your Firefox browser. Then it will be open on the sid of your browser. Go to the site and then Record whatever it is you want to do, after recording go to the Play tab and you can Play(Loop) as many times as you want. I tested this and it seems to work pretty well.

And as always, Rock Chalk!

Edit: I've had this running for less than an 30 minutes, and I'm up to 500 votes.

Everybody should use this macro. Ignore the one I put up last night. This one is much easier and faster. I have voted over a 1000 times already int he last hour or so.

Thanks a bunch nejayhawk.

Are you sure you're actually voting that way? I ran through the macro a couple of times and it's not actually "hitting" the button to vote for TO. I think it's just going to the page, then going down to the submit button below and hitting that.

In the last two hours TO has lost 1% of the vote and now is up only 40%-36%. He was at 41% when I last looked, with 500 or so votes for you in between. That seems odd to me.

Are you sure you're actually voting that way? I ran through the macro a couple of times and it's not actually "hitting" the button to vote for TO. I think it's just going to the page, then going down to the submit button below and hitting that.

In the last two hours TO has lost 1% of the vote and now is up only 40%-36%. He was at 41% when I last looked, with 500 or so votes for you in between. That seems odd to me.

Um, it hits the Tom Osborne button, if it didn't the Submit button wouldn't work. Try submitting without picking anyone, just goes to a blank page. And after my 500 votes it was still 41-36

If it doesn't select Tom for you, Edit the Macro and where it says TAG POS=# TYPE=INPUT:RADIO, put 4 in for the number if that's now what you have. I noticed some bugs in the recording.