defining moment of the season

I knew something was very wrong in the USC game when they had the two long td runs without a hand on them. Those two runs were tds in an intramural flag football game the holes were so big. (I was in the north end zone and watched the plays/holes develop)

The confirmation was the Iowa State game when in DT Atlanta watching the ticker at a sports bar at a KSU watch party for every scoring update. I looked at my wife and friends from KSU and said you all are right about Callahan. We will not be favored to win a game the rest of the season, you all were right, and now I am off the Callahan wagon.

And I believe I was right except I think we were a slight favorite over KSU that had just lost to ISU in Ames the week before.

Ok, we've got a lot of time to kill between now and the start of spring practice, so...

A lot of drama during the 2007 Husker football season. For you, what was the defining moment, the moment when you knew all was not right?

For me it was when Corey McKeon performed his melodrama during the news conference back in September or early October. I was shocked! I couldn't believe I was hearing a Nebraska football player complain of being tired, low on energy, not happy with the fans, etc. Those words would never have been uttered from an Osborne coached player, Solich coached player, and I'll predict never will be uttered by a Pelini coached player.

I knew during the USC game when holes the size of whales were being opened in our line and USC was running untouched into the secondary. That was early in the game, but I knew then that we were in deep doodoo. :hmmph

Ok, we've got a lot of time to kill between now and the start of spring practice, so...

A lot of drama during the 2007 Husker football season. For you, what was the defining moment, the moment when you knew all was not right?

For me it was when Corey McKeon performed his melodrama during the news conference back in September or early October. I was shocked! I couldn't believe I was hearing a Nebraska football player complain of being tired, low on energy, not happy with the fans, etc. Those words would never have been uttered from an Osborne coached player, Solich coached player, and I'll predict never will be uttered by a Pelini coached player.

Back right before the USC game. When I heard the team had not practiced in pads since fall camp. That was the start.. The final straw with the old staff was listening to the Oklahoma State game when Savage(?) ran a touchdown and the radio announcer said the D, had given up and didn't even try top catch him.

I knew during the USC game when holes the size of whales were being opened in our line and USC was running untouched into the secondary. That was early in the game, but I knew then that we were in deep doodoo. :hmmph

:yeah

Had a preview during the Wake Forest game when the same play was run for big yardage consistently with no apparent adjustments being made.

In the first half of the USC game I saw two NU defenders bump into each other and they were on the wrong side of the field I knew right then and there Cally and Coz had to be run out on a rail ,Getting blasted like that at home on National TV is inexcusable I kind of feel like that game set the table for the whole discombobulated season :madash

"We felt going into the game we had a solid game plan, no adjustments were necassary" K. Cosgrove after USC game

41-40