THE TAIL GATE NEWS

msully

yea, i bet we won't too, look at our roster, look at how many day1 draft pick we have as starters and i can guarentee you we won't have a top 5 maybe a top 25.

....So....basically what you're saying is that Bo didn't have any first day draft picks from the three years he was DC at LSU? Not one? No wait, he did, he had a lot of kids leave while he was coaching there, but yet he still was able to consistently put a respectable product on the field.

Make sure you are able to back up what you say before you say it. Thanks.

Here's an idea. Let them think whatever they want, and when we go top ten with a number 3 defense, and LSU is nowhere to be found we can go over to there board and say thanks for letting us have Bo, we really appreciate it.

and the next day, the world will end...

Seems like the same thing Nebraska Fans thought when anyone mentioned that our team would fall from the ranks of the nations elite. It can and eventually will happen. It happens in cycles.

first off sc dosent count, torential downpour, from our seats we could hardly see the game hurricane force sh#t, so any offensive stats from that game a ridiculously skewed, no one was passing.

great, maybe eventually you'll do the reading comp thing and see... we were winning in both games but it took a defensive failure to get the game to overtime in the first place. the offense alreday did its part, they scored 28 plus points in regulation both times! what more do you want?

and yes, i see your point about the pts not being totally relevant, even though...

I think we're talking past each other a bit.

I agree, LSU's defense failed you at the end of two games and is more responsible than the offense for those two very close losses. I just don't think that those two less than stellar games make Bo Pelini a terrible defensive coordinator. Putting aside what the offense did, the defense played pretty darn good in the other 11 games. Is he the best DC of all time? Of course not, but being a dominant defense in 11 out of 13 games is pretty good.

Here's an idea. Let them think whatever they want, and when we go top ten with a number 3 defense, and LSU is nowhere to be found we can go over to there board and say thanks for letting us have Bo, we really appreciate it.

and the next day, the world will end...

Seems like the same thing Nebraska Fans thought when anyone mentioned that our team would fall from the ranks of the nations elite. It can and eventually will happen. It happens in cycles.

you're right, absoulutly...

it was just set up so well, i couldn't let it go.

seriously though... how many times all season did your offense score more than 27-28pts? and why is asking a defense to prevent more than 27 points sooooo unrealistic? p.s. there's a reallly easy way to beat this argument too.

7 by my count for what it's worth.

But you really need to take a long hard look at your guys stats under Muschamp and Pelini.

Wills Tenure:

01 39th in Scoring Defense

02 15th in Scoring Defense

03 1st in Scoring Defense

04 14th in Scoring Defense

Pelini's Tenure:

05 4th in Scoring Defense

06 3rd in Scoring Defense

07 20th in Scoring Defense

If you ask me, they're very similar. And don't use Auburn's current ranking either. For the past 5 years, Auburn has had a Top 15 Scoring Defense long before Muschamp arrived.

first off sc dosent count, torential downpour, from our seats we could hardly see the game hurricane force sh#t, so any offensive stats from that game a ridiculously skewed, no one was passing.

great, maybe eventually you'll do the reading comp thing and see... we were winning in both games but it took a defensive failure to get the game to overtime in the first place. the offense alreday did its part, they scored 28 plus points in regulation both times! what more do you want?

and yes, i see your point about the pts not being totally relevant, even though...

I think we're talking past each other a bit.

I agree, LSU's defense failed you at the end of two games and is more responsible than the offense for those two very close losses. I just don't think that those two less than stellar games make Bo Pelini a terrible defensive coordinator. Putting aside what the offense did, the defense played pretty darn good in the other 11 games. Is he the best DC of all time? Of course not, but being a dominant defense in 11 out of 13 games is pretty good.

yes your right, hes definitly not a bad dc, not by any means, i'm just bored and all the lsu boards are full of lsu children vs ohio state children nyah nyah nyah... just need a break, figured i'dtry to insite a riot over here and failed. good conversation though.

yea, i bet we won't too, look at our roster, look at how many day1 draft pick we have as starters and i can guarentee you we won't have a top 5 maybe a top 25.

....So....basically what you're saying is that Bo didn't have any first day draft picks from the three years he was DC at LSU? Not one? No wait, he did, he had a lot of kids leave while he was coaching there, but yet he still was able to consistently put a respectable product on the field.

no kiddo, what i'm saying is...

"the number of good players who leave directly impacts the quality of the defense the following year."

i.e. last season on d: ones 1st rounder, one 7th rounder = #3 d in country.

this draft we'll have at least 4 or 5 first day (at least 2 in the 1st round) and probobly 3-4 more on the second day... that means roughly all but 3 starters are leaving. all but 3 leaving = bad defense following year.

Hell, no wonder Bo is leaving. The so called fans have a real class issue. You don't get on another teams board and start bashing all of them just because your coach left you. Fact is, you don't know what you have till its gone.

We'll see how things pan out. Nobody is perfect. Some are just better than others at what they do. Having your defense rated 3rd in the nation for 3 consecutive years is not to dam shabby. If Bo puts together a good staff and is willing to take advantage of being able to get advice from TO, he will have a very bright future at Neb. We don't mind loosing a few games that we played with pasion and effort. We get upset when our team is lost and doesn't seem to have any drive and tradition means nothing to them from the AD down. That is the reason for the change and we all welcome it. Again, we'll see how things pan out.

"the number of good players who leave directly impacts the quality of the defense the following year."

this draft we'll have at least 4 or 5 first day (at least 2 in the 1st round) and probobly 3-4 more on the second day... that means roughly all but 3 starters are leaving. all but 3 leaving = bad defense following year.

2008 LSU Defense = 2007 Florida Defense

2008 LSU Defense = 2007 Florida Defense

sounds about right. florida is ranked 32nd i belive. sounds fair to me.

speaking of florida, guareteed loss for us next year. if you want to make some easy money, go put 100 bucks on florida to win the nc next year. scarry good.

Hell, no wonder Bo is leaving. The so called fans have a real class issue. You don't get on another teams board and start bashing all of them just because your coach left you. Fact is, you don't know what you have till its gone.

We'll see how things pan out. Nobody is perfect. Some are just better than others at what they do. Having your defense rated 3rd in the nation for 3 consecutive years is not to dam shabby. If Bo puts together a good staff and is willing to take advantage of being able to get advice from TO, he will have a very bright future at Neb. We don't mind loosing a few games that we played with pasion and effort. We get upset when our team is lost and doesn't seem to have any drive and tradition means nothing to them from the AD down. That is the reason for the change and we all welcome it. Again, we'll see how things pan out.

calling people from other schools classless is unorigonal, boring and dry. get some new material, because when it comes to tired-ass used comments, thats up there with "espn hates us"

And of course, even if they weren't under Bo's tutelage, they'd still be 1st round picks right? Just cause they've been naturally gifted defensive athletes since they've picked up a football and would've excelled in the college game to go 1st day in the NFL regardless of their coach?

And of course, even if they weren't under Bo's tutelage, they'd still be 1st round picks right? Just cause they've been naturally gifted defensive athletes since they've picked up a football and would've excelled in the college game to go 1st day in the NFL regardless of their coach?

in the same amount of time coaching here will muschamp had more 1st day players than bo will even if i'm right about 4-5. that dosen't discount bo, it just says he hasn't done anything "superhuman"

I fail to grasp why you guys are going on and on about this stuff with this guy. He's clearly a stranger to reality, yet you argue with him like you're going to talk sense into him.

How many times can he come back with gibberish after you've proved him wrong YET AGAIN, and still wade right back in there to debate with him?

If this is entertaining to you guys then by all means continue, but for the life of me I just can't figure how you would care enough what a guy like this thinks to debate points with him.

I fail to grasp why you guys are going on and on about this stuff with this guy. He's clearly a stranger to reality, yet you argue with him like you're going to talk sense into him.

How many times can he come back with gibberish after you've proved him wrong YET AGAIN, and still wade right back in there to debate with him?

If this is entertaining to you guys then by all means continue, but for the life of me I just can't figure how you would care enough what a guy like this thinks to debate points with him.

YOU'RE STILL PISSED ABOUT LAST FRIDAY AREN'T YOU???

TOLD YOU I WAS RIGHT!