THE TAIL GATE NEWS

msully

He's gone? Did his role-playing game team come back online?

It reminds me of the saying, " Those who can't play coach."

In his case it's "Those who can't fight go onto rival boards and argue because there will be no fist coming out of their screen." I miss the days of inconsequential harrassment....

I'm posting this reply solely to enrage HARP even more.

This guy obviously has insecurity issues.

All I know is this: If Bo Pelini was so bad...did such a bad job for LSU...why would Harp go to another team's board to flame? Hmm.....

I had to ask myself this question: Would I feel the need to justify, to others, the fact that our team had fired/lost one of our coaches? Bill Callahan was bad. Kevin Cosgrove was bad.

Yet, if they are hired elsewhere...all I would do is utter to myself, "good luck with that." I certainly wouldn't need to try and reassure myself that us losing Callahan or Cosgrove was a bad thing, or in HARP's case, Bo Pelini.

Harp, your posts aren't even about whether Bo Pelini is a good or bad DC...but rather the fact that Bo left LSU. Look at the statistics. Look at the results. If BP is as bad as you believe...then just take solace in watching our crappy, defense-minded coach be, as you say, "horrible."

That's what I would do...but for some reason, you can't. You have to justify why Bo left LSU.

Face it bro, you're obviously upset that you lost Pelini. There is no other explanation for your idiotic statements and behavior here. Well, I guess you could just simply be a jackass.

What would you like us to do, concede to you that Bo Pelini is a bad defensive coach??? That, to say the least, would be moronic. A word that quite aptly characterizes you.

One needs to only look at BP's tenure as DC at various schools...PROVEN as successful!

I used this analogy to respond to one of your earlier, asinine threads...you didn't respond....but I'll re-hash it for you:

Harp, my man, your statements and responses (regarding Pelini) are hilarious.

You bear striking similarities to a guy whose girlfriend broke up with him...and is now trying to make himself feel better by calling her a "stupid b*tch" or "a dirty wh*re." Just keep telling yourself that...perhaps it's working...I don't think it is, but just perhaps.

"That girl was a sk@nk anyway...I don't care that she broke up with me," Harp utters, as he cries himself to sleep.

In summation, Harp....Thanks for the Coach!!!

post-3607-1197043003.gifYou have BO , will that help your team ? His defense was not really that good at LSU , all the teams had to do was wait out the 1st rush and then throw a pass down field 10 or 15 yards and it became a touchdown .Flordia and Kentucky showed that . Then everyone started doing it . So what is he bring to your team , hope like Nick Saban brought to the Bama fans . That was a joke , I mean a joke this year , the Bama fans were riding high after the LSU game and have just about stopped talking football now .I would like to know what you think Bo cn do for you , he will not be able to get the players like you think he can . Or at least he has not done much for LSU . Hopeyou have a great season , I will be watching yours is one of my favorite teams . I have 4 that I pull for , yours is 3rd , That is the best I can do .GEAUX TIGERS

I think every defense he's coached in college have been in the top 20 and his last 3 a LSU were in the top 5 or so--and that's in the SEC!

I'll take him. BO BIG RED! :corndance:box

Hope LSU wins the title. Have fun in Crawdad Central! :yeah

"....are you dominant now? will you be dominant anytime soon? (the answer is no... to both) you're right it means nothing... because if you're not dominant today, no body gives a damn! look at alabama, are they relevant right now? no! they have a better history than you do, but noone gives a damn because right now, they're 6-5.

if you want to put yourself in perspective, think bama, then cut that in half and somewhere in the mediocrity you'll find yourse3lf..."

Would that be the 'Bama that had some losing season's until Bear--and the state-- begrudgeongly decided to let black guys play on the team?

Is that the same 'Bama Big Red smoked in the '71 bowl game leading to our NC(beat LSU for it the year prior).?

The same Bear that was trumped this week by OZ for best coach of all time?

Oh yeah, that 'Bama....... :w00t

Riddle me this, Harp.

What more did you want out of your D over this season? What would a "good" DC have gotten you? A stop in OT against Kentucky and Arkansas? Let's face it, that's your only gripe and when compared to the defensive performance over the course of the whole season, it's pretty insignificant.

And before you say two losses are significant in terms of NC contention, consider the 11 wins that your defense got for you. That D did it's job all year. Your offense was simply incapable of pulling away from teams in the 4th quarter.

Damn straight! :cheers

"harp" has been permanenly banned for repeated personal attacks and for admitting, in this thread, that his intent on coming to the board was to flame and troll.

Wow, you guys are tough! I've seen far worse on the HuskerXtra board.......

post-3607-1197043003.gifYou have BO , will that help your team ? His defense was not really that good at LSU , all the teams had to do was wait out the 1st rush and then throw a pass down field 10 or 15 yards and it became a touchdown .Flordia and Kentucky showed that . Then everyone started doing it . So what is he bring to your team , hope like Nick Saban brought to the Bama fans . That was a joke , I mean a joke this year , the Bama fans were riding high after the LSU game and have just about stopped talking football now .I would like to know what you think Bo cn do for you , he will not be able to get the players like you think he can . Or at least he has not done much for LSU . Hopeyou have a great season , I will be watching yours is one of my favorite teams . I have 4 that I pull for , yours is 3rd , That is the best I can do .GEAUX TIGERS

Hasn't Bo's defense ranked in the top 10 or 5 every year for the last 4 or 5 years?

at least we are ok with these LSU fans coming and posting on our boards. If we were there posting they'd tell us to F*ck off and to leave. That I'm strangely proud of!

oohhhh, oooh hhhh yeah!

well at least i'm not a dumb dumb head???

my brother could beat up your brother????

is he really your brother, or maybe your dad, or both. uncle maybe

all this in fear that the BIG RED will be back

Riddle me this, Harp.

What more did you want out of your D over this season? What would a "good" DC have gotten you? A stop in OT against Kentucky and Arkansas? Let's face it, that's your only gripe and when compared to the defensive performance over the course of the whole season, it's pretty insignificant.

And before you say two losses are significant in terms of NC contention, consider the 11 wins that your defense got for you. That D did it's job all year. Your offense was simply incapable of pulling away from teams in the 4th quarter.

cool, one day ill try making unfounded blanket statments based off what i'm hoping to be the reality!

because there's only 4 of those 11 wins where you can say "we would have lost had the d not done as well as it did"

vs. the 2 losses where the offense put up a combined 85 points... in other words in the 6 games we needed bo's "awesome defensive schemes" to work he was 4-2... check the margin of victory for the other games. then look at how many points the opposing teams scored in the loses where he got run over! not to mention in the 2 loses where according to you "the offense was incapable..." we already had a lead in the 4th quarter when bo's defense crapped out after the offense had already scored about as many points as you could expect out of an sec team against an sec opponent.

and next time you try to talk like a big boy, do it only when you have a clue what you're talking about.

Harp no offense, but you have got to be the dumbest person i have ever heard try and talk football. Those two losses were 3OT games!!! That means the opposing team started at the 25 yd line, it is pretty easy to score from the 25 yd line no matter who you are. Kentucky scored 16 pts from the 25 yd line while your offense was only able to muster 10. Had your OFFENSE scored a single point or even a freaking field goal in the 4th qtr that game is over. In the Arkansas game, ARK scored 22 pts from the 25 yd line while you guys were able to put up 20. Once agian your OFFENSE only scored 7 pts in the 4th. It doesnt matter who you are, when the game goes to OT if you dont have the momentum you are probably going to lose because it is so close the the end zone. Had your OFFENSE pulled their head out and scored some points those two games would have been W's. In the SEC championship game had the defense not SCORED pts because your offense couldnt that would have been another debacle.

LSU played 7 ranked opponents and held them to an avg of 23 ppg. Ranked opponents are going to score points, thats why they are ranked. You guys also pitched two shutouts. You need to quit your complaining because you guys had a hell of a season and if your offense would have not shut it down in the 4th qtr in those two games you would be undefeated. Its not your defense that is the problem. But you will see that soon enough when Pelini is gone and your defense is no longer one of the tops in the nation.

yep! your right! 3ot games that would have been won in the 4th quarter if bo hadn't laid down and played prevent. games where we were up by as much as 20 points! and the lead was blown prior to overtime, but after the 3rd quarter.

Nope, affraid not Harp.

Kentucky Box Score

Score by Quarters 1 2 3 4 OT [ 5 6 7 ] Score

----------------- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --------- -----

LSU................. 0 17 10 0 10 [ 7 3 0 ] - 37

Kentucky............ 7 7 7 6 16 [ 7 3 6 ] - 43

Seems to me you guys went down by 7 then were up by 3 at half all the while only scoring in the 2nd and 3rd qtrs. Meanwhile Kentucky just stayed steady and then only scored two field goals in the 4th qtr. What happened to your offense in the 1st or in the 4th. Evidently they decided to to go eat some gumbo.

Arkansas Box Score

Score by Quarters 1 2 3 4 OT [ 5 6 7 ] Score

----------------- -- -- -- -- -- ------- -----

Arkansas............ 0 7 14 7 22 [ 7 7 8 ] - 50

LSU................. 6 0 15 7 20 [ 7 7 6 ] - 48

Lets see here. LSU was only able to get two field goals in the first qtr, one of which was a 49 ydr. This sounds like a sputtering offense to me. In the 2nd half you guys trade shots but yet in the 4th still only score 7 pts. Why are you guys sputtering in the 1st and 4th?? I suppose Dorsey was playing QB in these two games.....or was Pelini acting as the OC?

At no point were you ever up by 20 points. So your argument that Bo was playing prevent is garbage. There was never a large lead blown in the 4th. In the Kentucky game you had a 7 pt lead only to not score another point and kentucky was able to get within field goal range to tie it up. The Ark game was tied going into the 4th. My point made, game-set-match you are a moron.

Near the end of regulation of the Kentucky game, there were some awful turnovers by LSU that were returned to inside the 20, I think.