Bo on Rome

That interview totally got me pumped! He had some long answers and you could tell he was just working himself up on each one. When Rome asked him if he should buy that ticket to the '09 OU game in Lincoln, he said "Buy the ticket, bring the Jungle back to Lincoln".

Watson will be the offensive coordinator, Bo said he's knows going to change hardly anything. His focus is on getting the defense back on track, he didn't know what happened the last 4 years and isn't concerned about that. He said he is just about done wrapping up his coaching staff, has some great coaches on defense, and that they've had a system that has worked for a long time. Said the talent is here we just need to get the most out of them. Said he couldn't wait for spring ball.

GBR! Can't wait!

So how'd the conversation go?

What questions were asked?

How'd he respond?

Did he make any hints towards the offense he's thinking of running?

Any more comments on his assistants?

etc.?

etc.?

He specifically stated that he was keeping the same OC (in so many words), I don't recall the exact words, though I posted them somewhere else, but it was basically to the effect of giving Watson the ability to add his own wrinkles to the spread offense.

Trying to recall the entire set of questions, but it was over four hours ago...

Started, as I recall with a general "Why didn't Callahan fit at Nebraska" type question, which Bo deflected a bit, talked about his time there, the tradition of Devaney, Osborne, and Solich. Commented on how he appreciated the tradition, and expects nothing less of his teams than those coaches did of theirs.

They talked about how Pelini and Stoops are both from Ohio State, and have known each other a long time, and Rome asked Pelini if he could turn Nebraska around like Stoops turned OU around. Pelini responded that Nebraska was fairly sound on offense, but needed to turn things around on defense, and he though he could make that happen.

Rome said something about a friend of his being a big Nebraska fan, and expecting the 2009 OU-NU matchup in Lincoln to be a meeting between two top 10 teams, and he asked Bo if he felt that was realistic. Bo hedged a bit, but recommended strongly that Rome buy a ticket, because it should be a heck of a game.

They also talked about Pelini coaching LSU in the NC game, and Pelini said that he thought he owed it to the players at LSU to finish the job he started, and that he was encouraged to do so by TO. Bo stated that he didn't expect it to affect NU at all since he wouldn't start prepping the LSU team until the recruiting lull had started.

Other comments that Bo made were to the effect that he hadn't had a good opportunity to review the talent that exists on the team (which would make recruiting difficult if you ask me???), but that he generally felt that there was a lot of talent on the team. His main focus would be teaching the team not to tolerate losing, to play good sound defense, and let the games take care of themselves.

Would someone who listened please confirm this is accurate -- it's the best I can do on a 4 hour old memory.

Edit: By the way, I know I have things out of order -- for example the "friend that's a Nebraska fan" stuff closed the interview... but I think I got most of the meat of the interview.

How'd he respond?

etc.?

etc.?

He specifically stated that he was keeping the same OC (in so many words), I don't recall the exact words, though I posted them somewhere else, but it was basically to the effect of giving Watson the ability to add his own wrinkles to the spread offense.

Started, as I recall with a general "Why didn't Callahan fit at Nebraska" type question, which Bo deflected a bit, talked about his time there, the tradition of Devaney, Osborne, and Solich. Commented on how he appreciated the tradition, and expects nothing less of his teams than those coaches did of theirs.

They talked about how Pelini and Stoops are both from Ohio State, and have known each other a long time, and Rome asked Pelini if he could turn Nebraska around like Stoops turned OU around. Pelini responded that Nebraska was fairly sound on offense, but needed to turn things around on defense, and he though he could make that happen.

Rome said something about a friend of his being a big Nebraska fan, and expecting the 2009 OU-NU matchup in Lincoln to be a meeting between two top 10 teams, and he asked Bo if he felt that was realistic. Bo hedged a bit, but recommended strongly that Rome buy a ticket, because it should be a heck of a game.

They also talked about Pelini coaching LSU in the NC game, and Pelini said that he thought he owed it to the players at LSU to finish the job he started, and that he was encouraged to do so by TO. Bo stated that he didn't expect it to affect NU at all since he wouldn't start prepping the LSU team until the recruiting lull had started.

Other comments that Bo made were to the effect that he hadn't had a good opportunity to review the talent that exists on the team (which would make recruiting difficult if you ask me???), but that he generally felt that there was a lot of talent on the team. His main focus would be teaching the team not to tolerate losing, to play good sound defense, and let the games take care of themselves.

Would someone who listened please confirm this is accurate -- it's the best I can do on a 4 hour old memory.

Edit: By the way, I know I have things out of order -- for example the "friend that's a Nebraska fan" stuff closed the interview... but I think I got most of the meat of the interview.

Excellent recap...That's the way I recall it too. I'm pumped...and Bo came off sounding a lot more confident than his introductory press conference in Lincoln.

How'd he respond?

etc.?

etc.?

Excellent recap...That's the way I recall it too. I'm pumped...and Bo came off sounding a lot more confident than his introductory press conference in Lincoln.

So what happened here? When I wrote this post and viewed it, I thought it was the third post in the list -- now it's 30-somethingth....

How'd he respond?

etc.?

etc.?

So what happened here? When I wrote this post and viewed it, I thought it was the third post in the list -- now it's 30-somethingth....

I think a couple of threads about the Rome interview got combined. Thanks for the recap for those of us who could not listen to the interview.

:restore

How'd he respond?

etc.?

etc.?

I think a couple of threads about the Rome interview got combined. Thanks for the recap for those of us who could not listen to the interview.

:restore

Ke-rect. Just merged all three threads.

Listening to some of Rome's comments about the situation here, Callahan and so on... Imakes me wonder if that 'friend' might be Rome himself... He really seems to hate Callahan badly.