NU QB Arrested (Part Deux)

DrTom4Prez

Stuff like this is why being an Resident Assistant sucked at UNL. You had to deal with kids going through their "learning experiences." There were a couple of occassions where I had to deal with athletes as an RA - not always fun. We try to deal with them same as everyone else - through the school's "justice system" rather than bringing in the Lincoln police or even campus security. Unless you see someone underage or on campus with alcohol, they just get a write up for obnoxious behavior. If they're compliant, all they have to do is work in food service or do community service as their punishment. You get too rowdy, and they call the cops. You know, I lived in the honors dorm for a couple years, those smart guys got into just as much trouble as everyone else, they just never got caught for it.

Getting into that much trouble and that BAC doesn't sound typical to me. And if it is, he better get some help before he gets in more trouble. Hopefully Bo and his parents won't act like this is no big deal.

Just because alot of us here survived our college drinking days doesn't make it OK. Alot of kids don't survive it or end of in alot of trouble.

I hope he sees the light, for his sake.

Just because alot of us here survived our college drinking days doesn't make it OK. Alot of kids don't survive it or end of in alot of trouble.

Survived!!?? Heck, I thought that was my major. I was just getting warmed up in college! Let me tell you about the time I had a bottle of Southern Comfort and sat down with my ex's best friend during a snow storm and we finished off the whole bottle. Well.... maybe another time. :nutz

With a daughter who will be a freshman next year I'm happy to see that the security at the dorms is this strict. Too bad it was Pat Witt who got caught and I'm sure that he will hear from both HC Pelini and AD Osborne and hopefully he won't resent having to pay for his transgressions. If this young man is going to lead the Huskers he needs to grow up and learn that getting hammered and running around at 2:00 in the morning is not the thing to do.

>>>T_O_B

Hey, I'm sorry. I can't imagine having a daughter starting college with the way college guys are. I remember when I was in college, I usually had just one thing on my mind.

Good luck with that. Seriously.

Her Uncle Vinnie and his friend Guido will be going with her. But seriously, all you can do is hope you nbrought them up right and that trouble doesn't come calling.

>>>T_O_B

Haha.. I am T_O_B's daughter that will be attending UNL next year and honestly this whole thing isn't a big deal to me. I mean it's college and I'm sure most of you know what college was like (well whatever you can remember of it :wasted ) Kids in college and high school will drink and probably do some stupid stuff but later on in life you'll have some good laughs and awesome memories!! As for Uncle Vinnie and his friend Guido following me to college... well I'll just get them wasted and wait till they pass out to go out and have my fun.. haha just kidding Bull ;)

C_Bear

I personally don't know anyone close to me that has died due to alcohol, but I am a junior in college, and yes nearly every weekend me and my buddies go out drinking, and yes a majority of the time we get hammered. It's all about being smart, if you are out drinking somewhere the smart thing to do would be to pass out there and stay in the morning. Also it's your responsibility to help take care of your friends so tragedies don't happen! In Witt's case, I'm pretty sure a majority of freshman in college are experimenting with alcohol, which doesn't suprise me, but the sh#t that he did was just kinda stupid. He should've had some friends there (or teammates ) to help him so sh#t like that doesn't happen.

With a daughter who will be a freshman next year I'm happy to see that the security at the dorms is this strict. Too bad it was Pat Witt who got caught and I'm sure that he will hear from both HC Pelini and AD Osborne and hopefully he won't resent having to pay for his transgressions. If this young man is going to lead the Huskers he needs to grow up and learn that getting hammered and running around at 2:00 in the morning is not the thing to do.

>>>T_O_B

Hey, I'm sorry. I can't imagine having a daughter starting college with the way college guys are. I remember when I was in college, I usually had just one thing on my mind.

Good luck with that. Seriously.

Her Uncle Vinnie and his friend Guido will be going with her. But seriously, all you can do is hope you nbrought them up right and that trouble doesn't come calling.

>>>T_O_B

Haha.. I am T_O_B's daughter that will be attending UNL next year and honestly this whole thing isn't a big deal to me. I mean it's college and I'm sure most of you know what college was like (well whatever you can remember of it :wasted ) Kids in college and high school will drink and probably do some stupid stuff but later on in life you'll have some good laughs and awesome memories!! As for Uncle Vinnie and his friend Guido following me to college... well I'll just get them wasted and wait till they pass out to go out and have my fun.. haha just kidding Bull ;)

C_Bear

See T_O_B! These are the times that turn fathers into quivering jello. Sure, your daughter isn't worried about it -- she is looking forward to it. But for you, the next four years will turn your hair grey and significantly raise your anxiety level. Get your doctor to prescribe some Xanax. It may help.

Like I said before, Good Luck.

BTW, that's why we're getting another dog.

This thread got heavy handed in a hurry.

It is unfortunate that some college students do absurdly stupid things when the discover that its easy to drink in college. Its even worse that some can die or kill others, but to say none of them should drink is about as bad as saying no one should go hunting because guns are abused by young people as well.

We live in a society that should reward those who follow laws, not punish them. Taking away the law abiders rights because there are 8% of people who can't handle it is exactly what is going wrong in this country. And yes, I realize that Witt is breaking the law as he's underage, but saying college students shouldn't drink also includes those of legal drinking age.

Sounds like a normal college experience to me. I had damn near the same thing happen, except I got away from the RA and campus security guys. And saying that Witt should be sent to Iraq is dumb. Anyone who is over there chose to join the army and knew full well what they were getting into when they did. There isn't a draft where it's a "lucky break" if your card doesn't get pulled, it's a purely volunteer force. Sure, you can argue that they don't want to be over there now that they actually are, but that's a part of joining the armed forces.