NU QB Arrested (Part Deux)

DrTom4Prez

offenses here.. the kid did nothing that deserves any jail time at all.. jesus.. hes a kid.. give him a break

My daughter's 19 year old boyfriend is a Marine serving in Iraq right now. Big kid...6'3, 220 lbs...would've made a great DIII or II LB if he would have hit the books like he hit on the field. I'm pretty sure he would have liked to be at a DI school getting drunk and screwing around for a few years on the state's dime but nobody "gave him a break"...send Witt over to Iraq for a semester and let him find out how lucky he is to be where he is. Maybe that will straighten him out.

So let me get this straight: The person your daughter is dating would rather be "getting drunk and screwing around"? Have you told him/your daughter these thoughts of yours? How does that sit at home with you?

Second of all, I love the quote when you say "nobody 'gave him a break.'" You mean the free state public education wasn't a break? Oh yes, that's right, he didn't hit the books in high school but that couldn't have been his fault. Apparently Witt did hit the books: 4.0GPA. But he's just "lucky"; never mind the facts that not only is Witt a full-time student, but also spends at the bare minimum 20 hours a week with football. And trust me, practice time carries over to off time; you're not exactly in a great state of mind to hit the books after workouts. But like you said earlier, Witt is just "lucky" and his "lucky" breaks have nothing to do with discipline and hard work.

So to teach him a lesson, we should send him off to Iraq? Did I really get that part right? Iraq? Where did that come from? Is that to teach him how "lucky" he is? I guess in your world Iraq is an option for the "lucky" kids who get "a break".

Let's reexamine the situation. A college freshmen gets drunk during dead week, makes an idiot of himself, and then tries to run away from the cops. Yes, Witt has to shoulder much more responsibility than most kids. Yes, Witt did a stupid thing. Yes, Witt deserves to be punished. But to those of you who are calling for his head, I think you should relax and realize that very few people are as smart or as logical as yourself. Witt messed up; it's not excusable but it's reality. I am sure Dr. Tom and Bo would like all their athletes to sustain from alcohol but they are at least somewhat understand that kids do stupid stuff sometimes.

Witt's a dumbass. When I was 18 I knew not to do that sh#t. I don't care how stupid the rest of you are, these priviledged m-f'rs should be held to a higher standard. When the state is putting you through school, there is no excuse for acting like this. As far as I'm concerned, the only reason he would have been in the dorm to "bang the hottest chick in there" is because the state of Nebraska handed her to him on a silver platter with a side of Astroglide. Most of these guys wouldn't be sh#t without football, yet they routinely act like some of the biggest pricks on campus.

HE RAN FROM THE COPS, in an all-girls dorm no less (or is Smith co-ed now?). He deserved to get arrested. I hope he likes watching Ganz and Lee play next year.

Yeah, this was the post I was referring to when I made the comment along the lines of that just because someone runs from the cops doesn't mean the cops are right. You bold letter the fact that he ran from the cops. Don't make the mistake of thinking one should never run from the cops. Like I said, the Jew example was the extreme, but I wanted to make my point that there realities when running away is far better than being an innocent person up against the law enforcement. Again, like I said earlier, it doesn't apply to Witt; he obviously shouldn't have ran. I wish I would have just left that out of my post completely, but now I am left to explain myself more thoroughly.

Witt's a dumbass. When I was 18 I knew not to do that sh#t. I don't care how stupid the rest of you are, these priviledged m-f'rs should be held to a higher standard. When the state is putting you through school, there is no excuse for acting like this. As far as I'm concerned, the only reason he would have been in the dorm to "bang the hottest chick in there" is because the state of Nebraska handed her to him on a silver platter with a side of Astroglide. Most of these guys wouldn't be sh#t without football, yet they routinely act like some of the biggest pricks on campus.

HE RAN FROM THE COPS, in an all-girls dorm no less (or is Smith co-ed now?). He deserved to get arrested. I hope he likes watching Ganz and Lee play next year.

Yeah, this was the post I was referring to when I made the comment along the lines of that just because someone runs from the cops doesn't mean the cops are right. You bold letter the fact that he ran from the cops. Don't make the mistake of thinking one should never run from the cops. Like I said, the Jew example was the extreme, but I wanted to make my point that there realities when running away is far better than being an innocent person up against the law enforcement. Again, like I said earlier, it doesn't apply to Witt; he obviously shouldn't have ran. I wish I would have just left that out of my post completely, but now I am left to explain myself more thoroughly.

Oh, well I guess if Witt running from the cops is a grand example of civil disobedience, then it's OK. I didn't think about it that way. Way to stick up for the little guys, Pat!

Innocent people don't run, dude. And don't bring Nazi Germany into this. The first person to bring up Hitler is always the one who loses the argument.

It's no excuse but there's no shortage of stupidity. There's a recent news article about a site on facebook for young women to post pictures of themselves drunk (e.g., laying on the floor behind the toilet puking guts out). Good stuff to brag about. Heck, kids commit crimes and post it for all their friends and the police to see.

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/12/10/f...ref=mpstoryview

Nothing surprising here. GPA doesn't measure wisdom.

you dont expect this stuff out of a 4.0 kid but alcohol can make normally smart people act stupid

:yeah

This team needs a senior leader like Wistrom or the Peter brothers to keep the underage kids off the alcohol. It just leads to problems.

While a good leader or leaders is definately needed do not think for a second that that statement is true.

During that year there was plenty of drinking by the football team underage or not.

Bottom line witt is 18 and made several bad decisions while intoxicated and im sure that everyone on this board is perfect and never had that problem.

My hope is that Bo educates this kid exactly how bad his judgement and decision making skills are instead of just reprimanding him.

offenses here.. the kid did nothing that deserves any jail time at all.. jesus.. hes a kid.. give him a break

My daughter's 19 year old boyfriend is a Marine serving in Iraq right now. Big kid...6'3, 220 lbs...would've made a great DIII or II LB if he would have hit the books like he hit on the field. I'm pretty sure he would have liked to be at a DI school getting drunk and screwing around for a few years on the state's dime but nobody "gave him a break"...send Witt over to Iraq for a semester and let him find out how lucky he is to be where he is. Maybe that will straighten him out.

So let me get this straight: The person your daughter is dating would rather be "getting drunk and screwing around"? Have you told him/your daughter these thoughts of yours? How does that sit at home with you?

Second of all, I love the quote when you say "nobody 'gave him a break.'" You mean the free state public education wasn't a break? Oh yes, that's right, he didn't hit the books in high school but that couldn't have been his fault. Apparently Witt did hit the books: 4.0GPA. But he's just "lucky"; never mind the facts that not only is Witt a full-time student, but also spends at the bare minimum 20 hours a week with football. And trust me, practice time carries over to off time; you're not exactly in a great state of mind to hit the books after workouts. But like you said earlier, Witt is just "lucky" and his "lucky" breaks have nothing to do with discipline and hard work.

So to teach him a lesson, we should send him off to Iraq? Did I really get that part right? Iraq? Where did that come from? Is that to teach him how "lucky" he is? I guess in your world Iraq is an option for the "lucky" kids who get "a break".

Let's reexamine the situation. A college freshmen gets drunk during dead week, makes an idiot of himself, and then tries to run away from the cops. Yes, Witt has to shoulder much more responsibility than most kids. Yes, Witt did a stupid thing. Yes, Witt deserves to be punished. But to those of you who are calling for his head, I think you should relax and realize that very few people are as smart or as logical as yourself. Witt messed up; it's not excusable but it's reality. I am sure Dr. Tom and Bo would like all their athletes to sustain from alcohol but they are at least somewhat understand that kids do stupid stuff sometimes.

That "whoosh"ing sound that you heard was the point flying over your head...

What I was referring to were all the "He's just a kid...give him a break" comments, like Witt is some 8 year old or something. The guy is no longer a kid and should know the difference between right and stupid.

But, if you want to push the "lucky" aspect...I'll say it again. Witt got some lucky breaks in life compared to the young man I'm talking about. If you want to compare histories of the two I'll be glad to tell you his life story. If Witt wants to piss it all away so he can act like a retard...no sweat off my ass.

:wtf We don't need this kind of sh*t, and BO in particular. When will players ever learn? Guess we all had to come to grips at some point that we're not above it all, though maybe most of us didn't have to run from the cops to figure it out.

Well, he's obviously bright, now maybe he'll wise up a bit--after BO plants a boot in his a$$$! :box

It's no excuse but there's no shortage of stupidity. There's a recent news article about a site on facebook for young women to post pictures of themselves drunk (e.g., laying on the floor behind the toilet puking guts out). Good stuff to brag about. Heck, kids commit crimes and post it for all their friends and the police to see.

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/12/10/f...ref=mpstoryview

Nothing surprising here. GPA doesn't measure wisdom.

I guess they've got billboards now in Phoenix for people that get DUIs. :rollin

its kinda funny how people are so quick to forget about when they were in college...

and so quick to remember how the championship husker teams looked off the field..

i'm not saying there should be no discipline.. but there is no suspension that would be happening.. people make mistakes.. its called BEING HUMAN.. he obviously isn't too stupid pulling a 4.0 with football every day also.. kinda like a famous quote.. "let he who is without sin throw the first stone"

completly agree with that statment...

Oh jeez, an internet picture with words...

Being a freshman in college this year at Wayne State myself, I find it harder for myself to make excuses for this kind of a thing than it seems to be for all of you graduated. Maybe it's because I just live above that influence, and I don't have sympathy for those who don't, but I don't think society should be an excuse for someone misbehaving like this; kids should not drink. ;)

No they should't but the reality is they do. Hopefully if you do you are smarter than Pat Witt, and that you always, always have your Designated Driver with you. Every time I see that a young person has succumbed to the evils of alochol I just pray that tiis wasn't the person who had it in him/her to find the cure for cancer.

>>>T_O_B

Hopefully Pat will learn from this, but in case he hasnt here are a few things i learned from my days in college. 1) If you see someone calling the cops you need to leave before they actually show up. 2) If someone threatens to call the cops knock them out before they get a chance. 3) If you are going to run from the cops the only way you can get away is if you are in a group of people and that group disperses thus giving them multiple targets to chose from. 4) If you do get arrested atleast resist arrest, chicks dig it. ;)