NU QB Arrested (Part Deux)

DrTom4Prez

Yeah guys, give the kid a break for breaking SEVERAL laws, confronting and challenging someone, and then running from the law. After all, he was drunk!

Oh wait, he was 18..

yes.. give him a break.. look how serious the counts are.. MIP.. wow.. because i'm not living on a floor where 12 of them have already been given out this semester.. hmm that must be rare! disturbing the peace? wow.. that could be as easy as talking above whisper right now in the dorms.. 24-hr quiet hours due to dead week.. trespassing? being in the dorm without being either a) checked in or B) without the girl that checked him in.. .. 3rd degree verbal assault? had a friend get one for saying "f#*k RALSTON" while driving away from a gas station.. fake id? never seen one of those, IMO that is the most serious of offenses here.. the kid did nothing that deserves any jail time at all.. jesus.. hes a kid.. give him a break

Yeah guys, give the kid a break for breaking SEVERAL laws, confronting and challenging someone, and then running from the law. After all, he was drunk!

Oh wait, he was 18..

yes.. give him a break.. look how serious the counts are.. MIP.. wow.. because i'm not living on a floor where 12 of them have already been given out this semester.. hmm that must be rare! disturbing the peace? wow.. that could be as easy as talking above whisper right now in the dorms.. 24-hr quiet hours due to dead week.. trespassing? being in the dorm without being either a) checked in or B) without the girl that checked him in.. .. 3rd degree verbal assault? had a friend get one for saying "f#*k RALSTON" while driving away from a gas station.. fake id? never seen one of those, IMO that is the most serious of offenses here.. the kid did nothing that deserves any jail time at all.. jesus.. hes a kid.. give him a break

1. Just because it is common practice, doesn't mean it's excusable.

2. "talking above whisper" is a nice exaggeration to support your point, in this case we know it was because he was verbally and physically threatening someone.

3. Trespassing in this case isn't a big deal by itself, but you combine it with all these other things, they add up.

4. Again, the verbal assault by itself isn't all that serious, but he was also physically threatening the guy.

5. What you said.

I never said whether or not he deserved jail time, but he definitely deserves punishment and doesn't deserve a "break". I forgive the kid for what he did, all will right itself, but that doesn't mean it was ok.

Give me a break....give the kid a break? What? This kid is supposed to be mature enough to be taking a leadership position on the football team, I would think he could figure out that there are certain things you just don't do...like break laws. He should also be able to figure out that if he does, someone will take notice. This was a dumb ass move on his part, and what ever he has coming, so be it...I hope that Bo comes down hard on him too, make him grow up. There are rules in the dorms for reasons. You don't go sneaking in for reasons...maybe Virginia Tech comes to mind? You want just anyone coming in the dorm and doing what ever the heck they want?

Anyone that excuses this "incident" off, is probably in need of growing up just as bad as Witt. There is no excuse for any of it. Period.

Oh wait, he was 18..

My daughter's 19 year old boyfriend is a Marine serving in Iraq right now. Big kid...6'3, 220 lbs...would've made a great DIII or II LB if he would have hit the books like he hit on the field. I'm pretty sure he would have liked to be at a DI school getting drunk and screwing around for a few years on the state's dime but nobody "gave him a break"...send Witt over to Iraq for a semester and let him find out how lucky he is to be where he is. Maybe that will straighten him out.

Witt's a dumbass. When I was 18 I knew not to do that sh#t. I don't care how stupid the rest of you are, these priviledged m-f'rs should be held to a higher standard. When the state is putting you through school, there is no excuse for acting like this. As far as I'm concerned, the only reason he would have been in the dorm to "bang the hottest chick in there" is because the state of Nebraska handed her to him on a silver platter with a side of Astroglide. Most of these guys wouldn't be sh#t without football, yet they routinely act like some of the biggest pricks on campus.

HE RAN FROM THE COPS, in an all-girls dorm no less (or is Smith co-ed now?). He deserved to get arrested. I hope he likes watching Ganz and Lee play next year.

The RA was probably a typical RA, some nerd who was mad because an athlete was coming into his dorm to bang the hottest chick there.

Yeah maybe. Or someone who maxed out athletically at high school sports so he had to work his ass off to get through school on his own without parental spoon feeding, debit cards or "allowance" and used the RA position and the free room and board to cover expenses on thier way to graduating Magna Cum Laude only to find themselves stuck every other weekend making sure that a$$hole$ that get drunk don't rape girls who might someday be your daugther.

wow.......kick ass! great response, if it wasn't a football player the RA probably would have got recognition for a job well done! nice to know there is protection at work here, especially if you have a daughter in the dorm.

Give me a break....give the kid a break? What? This kid is supposed to be mature enough to be taking a leadership position on the football team, I would think he could figure out that there are certain things you just don't do...like break laws. He should also be able to figure out that if he does, someone will take notice. This was a dumb ass move on his part, and what ever he has coming, so be it...I hope that Bo comes down hard on him too, make him grow up. There are rules in the dorms for reasons. You don't go sneaking in for reasons...maybe Virginia Tech comes to mind? You want just anyone coming in the dorm and doing what ever the heck they want?

Anyone that excuses this "incident" off, is probably in need of growing up just as bad as Witt. There is no excuse for any of it. Period.

another great post, well said.

The RA was probably a typical RA, some nerd who was mad because an athlete was coming into his dorm to bang the hottest chick there.

Yeah maybe. Or someone who maxed out athletically at high school sports so he had to work his ass off to get through school on his own without parental spoon feeding, debit cards or "allowance" and used the RA position and the free room and board to cover expenses on thier way to graduating Magna Cum Laude only to find themselves stuck every other weekend making sure that a$$hole$ that get drunk don't rape girls who might someday be your daugther.

wow.......kick ass! great response, if it wasn't a football player the RA probably would have got recognition for a job well done! nice to know there is protection at work here, especially if you have a daughter in the dorm.

It's just as dumb to stereotype the RA as it is to blindly defend an 18 year old athlete who ran from the cops. Boys will be boys, and boys get punished quite a bit. At least that's how I remember it.

Witt's a dumbass. When I was 18 I knew not to do that sh#t. I don't care how stupid the rest of you are, these priviledged m-f'rs should be held to a higher standard. When the state is putting you through school, there is no excuse for acting like this. As far as I'm concerned, the only reason he would have been in the dorm to "bang the hottest chick in there" is because the state of Nebraska handed her to him on a silver platter with a side of Astroglide. Most of these guys wouldn't be sh#t without football, yet they routinely act like some of the biggest pricks on campus.

HE RAN FROM THE COPS, in an all-girls dorm no less (or is Smith co-ed now?). He deserved to get arrested. I hope he likes watching Ganz and Lee play next year.

smith is co-ed for what its worth.. HSS is where all the freshman athletes stay..

and it seems like some people are jealous that these gets got a great opportunity for being athletic.. what about the kid that is on a full ride for academics and screws gets mip'd and a DUI that later gets lowered to reckless driving.. seems like he is being given the SAME ride on the SAME states dollar.. but no one seems to give a sh#t about him! and i think 99% of the people here can agree that DUI is a TON more serious than anything that is brought against Witt here..

plain and simple, athletes are held to higher account and its 100% bullsh#t.. they are kids just like the rest of all college students... there is no reason for him to receive any more sh#t than should the honor student that messes up worse....

smith is co-ed for what its worth.. HSS is where all the freshman athletes stay..

and it seems like some people are jealous that these gets got a great opportunity for being athletic.. what about the kid that is on a full ride for academics and screws gets mip'd and a DUI that later gets lowered to reckless driving.. seems like he is being given the SAME ride on the SAME states dollar.. but no one seems to give a sh#t about him! and i think 99% of the people here can agree that DUI is a TON more serious than anything that is brought against Witt here..

plain and simple, athletes are held to higher account and its 100% bullsh#t.. they are kids just like the rest of all college students... there is no reason for him to receive any more sh#t than should the honor student that messes up worse....

What are you even talking about??

another great post, well said.

its kinda funny how people are so quick to forget about when they were in college...

and so quick to remember how the championship husker teams looked off the field..

i'm not saying there should be no discipline.. but there is no suspension that would be happening.. people make mistakes.. its called BEING HUMAN.. he obviously isn't too stupid pulling a 4.0 with football every day also.. kinda like a famous quote.. "let he who is without sin throw the first stone"

someone above pointed out how he is on the STATES dollar going to school for nothing.. i'm saying that i know for sure of at least one college freshman at UNL this year, that is in the honors program, that had exactly what i stated happen.. oh wait, he had no punishment though.. he has a full ride.. pretty sure that is the same dollar that a football scholarship is on for the most part..

that is what i'm talking about..

someone above pointed out how he is on the STATES dollar going to school for nothing.. i'm saying that i know for sure of at least one college freshman at UNL this year, that is in the honors program, that had exactly what i stated happen.. oh wait, he had no punishment though.. he has a full ride.. pretty sure that is the same dollar that a football scholarship is on for the most part..

Right... well, conversely, I have known several college students that have lost scholarships for less severe behavior.

Ship his sorry ass to Iraq too...

They're held to a higher standard because they are public representatives to a major aspect of the university, and with that position comes greater responsibility.

For example, college kid A does this and he's quietly dealt with behind the scenes. Future quaterback kid does this, and he winds up in the local paper and the national sports news. This is the case for nearly every position of responsibility in life. It's just the way it works, and one has to learn to deal with it as a fact of life.

As I said in my first post, it's unfair, but it's not like Witt was unaware of his status. They all know.

He doesn't deserve jail or anything like that, but he needs to be reminded of his high profile position and what responsibilities come with it. And that is Pelini's job.