Papuchis discusses the road that led him to Nebraska

Seven years paying his dues as an intern and graduate assistant have paid off for 1996 Quince Orchard graduate John Papuchis. Papuchis, 29, will be part of the football coaching staff at the University of Nebraska next season under new head coach Bo Pelini, currently the defensive coordinator at Louisiana State.

http://www.gazette.net/stories/121207/gait...138_32356.shtml

reference? link? accusation by?? radio and TV sell news and rumors, some true, some not.

Here are a few to get you going. I mentioned the questionable hires by Bo in another post and this is the one at the top of the list. I find it sad that this program is stooping to new lows in hiring know violators of serious NCAA rules. It won't surprise me a bit when this program ends up on probation in a few years. How far we have fallen. We have now become the OU of the 21st century. I would have thought Pelini would have been of better character than this or at least hoped TO would be overseeing who was being hired but it appears he is asleep at the wheel.

KUsports.com

Highbeam

Legalassistant.com

reference? link? accusation by?? radio and TV sell news and rumors, some true, some not.

Here are a few to get you going. I mentioned the questionable hires by Bo in another post and this is the one at the top of the list. I find it sad that this program is stooping to new lows in hiring know violators of serious NCAA rules. It won't surprise me a bit when this program ends up on probation in a few years. How far we have fallen. We have now become the OU of the 21st century. I would have thought Pelini would have been of better character than this or at least hoped TO would be overseeing who was being hired but it appears he is asleep at the wheel.

KUsports.com

Highbeam

Legalassistant.com

at this point, all allegations. sounds like the kid was doing what he was told and probably not aware of the legality of it all. i guess you and skers can continue to conduct a "witch hunt" if you feel the need.

we have a new coach picked by TO and some are already to throw in the towel because an assistant or two may have made a bad decision in a supporting role. hell, let's just sh#t can everything and start all over again until we get it right.....yeah, that makes sense, let the witch hunt begin! <_<

KUsports.com

Highbeam

Legalassistant.com

at this point, all allegations. sounds like the kid was doing what he was told and probably not aware of the legality of it all. i guess you and skers can continue to conduct a "witch hunt" if you feel the need.

we have a new coach picked by TO and some are already to throw in the towel because an assistant or two may have made a bad decision in a supporting role. hell, let's just sh#t can everything and start all over again until we get it right.....yeah, that makes sense, let the witch hunt begin! <_<

I couldn't have said it better.

I don't think as a grad assistant you are going to contradict what a coach tells you to do.

I never said the guy was guilty, all I am saying is that there is some controversy surrounding the guy that if it was true, would be very bad for NU.

If there's anything I don't want, it's a win at all costs coach.

KUsports.com

Highbeam

Legalassistant.com

Yeah Rat, your're on top of your game........common sense says that GA's would take the fall before an actual coach

It is not clear which violations directly involved Papuchis. One person familiar with Papuchis' situation at Kansas said Papuchis is being "hung out to dry" and that he's "the kind of kid who will fall on the sword for someone." quate from newspaper article

KUsports.com

Highbeam

Legalassistant.com

Yeah Rat, your're on top of your game........common sense says that GA's would take the fall before an actual coach

It is not clear which violations directly involved Papuchis. One person familiar with Papuchis' situation at Kansas said Papuchis is being "hung out to dry" and that he's "the kind of kid who will fall on the sword for someone." quate from newspaper article

Sounds like it was Maginos mess and he took the blame. Funny I don't remember there being a scandle back then, but then it was KU football team and no one even knew they had one. How sad is it that Kansas with NCAA sanctions got better while Callahan teams got worse with no sanctions and better recruiting classes.

I just worry that our d-staff is very heavy on buddy-hires that are light on qualifications. Marvin rules but Bo is really sticking his neck-out with Ekler, Papuchis, and Carl. Maybe they are quality-guys with a fire in their belly that just needed an opportunity. I certainly hope that. But til they prove it I worry a bit.