Glenn

lapaesl

Glenn's yards per carry is skewed because for most of his career he was brought in on 3rd and short or 4th and short or for goalline carries which is why he has as many TD's as he has. However, he can't stay healthy. Even if he could stay healthy, it's very hard to compare Lucky to Glenn because they are very different. Glenn is like a fullback while Lucky is more of an open space type RB. Lucky could be an outstanding RB if he was used to his strengths. He's an open space RB, so they need to get him in open space. He is not a between the tackles RB. I just hope Watson and crew use him next year if he stays like he should be. They need to use Lucky as a Bush type RB and either Castille or Glenn as a White type RB. Lucky is the best deep threat we have as Castille and Glenn more than likely aren't going to run away from very many people. Use Lucky for screen passes and toss sweeps. It would be nice to see 2 RB's on the field at the same time in different formations. With a more mobile QB, I think we could see a lot better production this next year. Statistically, our running game really wasn't that good this year. I think we'll see more emphasis put into the running game, and we have the pieces of the puzzle to be very effective running the ball. The first thing the running game needs is to win the trench war at the offensive line.

I would absolutely love to see that, with our fullbacks as of lately not being much of an offensive threat ( not saying they will play a different role this next year. ) I think that would be much more difficult for opposing defenses having such a threat like Castille/Glenn and Lucky in the backfield. Couldn't agree with ya more junior!

Glenn's yards per carry is skewed because for most of his career he was brought in on 3rd and short or 4th and short or for goalline carries which is why he has as many TD's as he has. However, he can't stay healthy. Even if he could stay healthy, it's very hard to compare Lucky to Glenn because they are very different. Glenn is like a fullback while Lucky is more of an open space type RB. Lucky could be an outstanding RB if he was used to his strengths. He's an open space RB, so they need to get him in open space. He is not a between the tackles RB. I just hope Watson and crew use him next year if he stays like he should be. They need to use Lucky as a Bush type RB and either Castille or Glenn as a White type RB. Lucky is the best deep threat we have as Castille and Glenn more than likely aren't going to run away from very many people. Use Lucky for screen passes and toss sweeps. It would be nice to see 2 RB's on the field at the same time in different formations. With a more mobile QB, I think we could see a lot better production this next year. Statistically, our running game really wasn't that good this year. I think we'll see more emphasis put into the running game, and we have the pieces of the puzzle to be very effective running the ball. The first thing the running game needs is to win the trench war at the offensive line.

I would absolutely love to see that, with our fullbacks as of lately not being much of an offensive threat ( not saying they will play a different role this next year. ) I think that would be much more difficult for opposing defenses having such a threat like Castille/Glenn and Lucky in the backfield. Couldn't agree with ya more junior!

Hmmm, the fullback as an integral part of the offensive scheme......

What a novel concept. :sarcasm

I bet you could fake outside and give it to the fullback up to middle to score a touchdown and win a national championship. Yeah, I bet you could! Oh and also, hit the tight end deep over the middle. Yeah, I bet that would work some too! :hellloooo

Good posts! :clap

Anyone that tries to make a point using the 2 player's stats is an idiot. Lucky has WAY more catches and WAY more rushes...he's been more healthy and has been giving more chances. That is going to hurt Glenn.

BUT!! The YPC...got to factor in his carries from inside the 5...what could he have got on those. That is why its stupid to point out stats on these two.

My opinion, Glenn healthy would get the ball 75% of the time, with stretches to Lucky some. But i'm not a coach, I just watch the game OR Lucky would have been an inside receiver long ago.

Glenn is a better back. IMO.

I would have no problems with CGlenn as the every down back. Unless he has skillet hands, I think with repetition and practice, he could do fine catching passes out of the backfield. He's a tough runner.

Most backs get better with touches. I'm not writing CG off just yet.

- not saying or arguing that he is better than Lucky at all. I'm just giving him credit from what he has done when healthy and heavily involved in a game.

OK, cally made each guy one dimensional. he had no imagination whatsoever when it came to putting 2 backs in the game at the same time. i would think even Watson got tired of that sh#t, but we will see come next season. the running backs will have to get involved and make some real yardage for this team to balance as an affective O.

Anyone that tries to make a point using the 2 player's stats is an idiot. Lucky has WAY more catches and WAY more rushes...he's been more healthy and has been giving more chances. That is going to hurt Glenn.

BUT!! The YPC...got to factor in his carries from inside the 5...what could he have got on those. That is why its stupid to point out stats on these two.

My opinion, Glenn healthy would get the ball 75% of the time, with stretches to Lucky some. But i'm not a coach, I just watch the game OR Lucky would have been an inside receiver long ago.

Career 100 yd games: Lucky- 7 Glenn- 1, Lucky also has a 200 yard game given it was against Nevada.

Career 100 yd games: Lucky- 7 Glenn- 1, Lucky also has a 200 yard game given it was against Nevada.

I miss the old days of counterplays and FB running up the middle with the defense looking at each other like what happened? I hope they can find a way to incorporate that back into the offensive scheme. I really

have disliked the disappearance of the FB from Nebraska Football.

I miss the old days of counterplays and FB running up the middle with the defense looking at each other like what happened? I hope they can find a way to incorporate that back into the offensive scheme. I really

true, Rathman was the last kick ass FB we had and he was fun to watch. He actually hurt people when he carried the ball. I miss that too!

me too, i think if Q can hold onto the ball, he should play some FB with him and Marlon or him and Helu on the field at the same time, he can still get carries at RB too.

The way its starting to look is that Marlon is going to try the nfl & see what happens. If he goes, that basically leaves CG as the most experienced back we have although as far as game experience goes, Helu & big Q have some real good time on the field. I think if Lucky goes, CG will have ample opportunity to step up as the featured back. With the possibility of Kenny Wilson being back in the line-up along with Helu, Castille, Mendoza & hopefully LeMichael James, whoever is the featured guy will have certainly earned it. All potential game breakers in their own way.

:bonez:steam:steam:bonez

I'm not sure but I feel that we have not yet seen the best of Cody Glen. He has had moments but he's obviously behind Lucky and perhaps even Q-andHelo. We're I him I would take a Red Shirt season, heal all the injuries and come back 10 lbs. heavier with 5% less than body fat.

GBR

>>>T_O_B

:bonez:steam:steam:bonez