The next running back coach

per ljs blog

Speculation that Shawn Simms will be Nebraska's new running back coach is inaccurate, according to Husker coach Bo Pelini.

Pelini said on Sunday that he will name the coach after the bowl season because that coach's team is involved in a bowl game.

Does Pelini have any ideas as to who he is going to bring in as Nebraska's strength coach in the wake of Dave Kennedy's leaving?

"Oh, yeah," is all Pelini would say on Thursday, grinning.

"You'll see when I hire him. That's narrowed down significantly right now. Fortunately, I have a lot of guys in the business that I have a lot of respect for that have had a lot of success. I feel real good where that hire is going."

I hear Larry Porter has the inside track, if Notre Dame doesnt get to him first.

it sounds like bo and this said rb coach has already reached an agreement...also, not doubting u, just curious how does porter have the inside track, isn't he an assistant head coach?

I just heard a rumor that Notre Dame or Michigan was looking at him. I thought he was just the RB coach at LSU.

I hear Larry Porter has the inside track, if Notre Dame doesnt get to him first.

it sounds like bo and this said rb coach has already reached an agreement...also, not doubting u, just curious how does porter have the inside track, isn't he an assistant head coach?

I just heard a rumor that Notre Dame or Michigan was looking at him. I thought he was just the RB coach at LSU.

He is and he's one of their top recruiters.

The RB coach has already signed so if it is Porter he must have already decided. He is also the special team coach for LSU so it would make sense since those are the two area's that havent been filled.

To add onto the Stan Drayton comment, they said that he had connections to Bo, and that he is originally form Ohio.... and that he was listed as one of the top 25 recruiters in NCAA.....landed 9 recruits for Florida last season, and recruits the state of Florida....the guys on 1620 were almost hoping that Stan is the guy.