According to Carl Pelini.....

This snippet was taken from Sports Nightly. Carl Pelini commented in reference to a possible reason why some recruits change their minds on commiting here.........

---Said it has been difficult to keep recruits as there are some other staffs who are real vultures.....said there has been a lot of negativity surrounding this program and said just about every kid he has spoken too said the chat boards, forums etc. have really influnced there choice of staying with or leaving Nebraska...said kids read these boards ....asked Nebraska fans to take this onto consideration when they decide to write comments on a BBS..... etc. etc.

I don't buy that for one second, well maybe to an extent. I visit allot of different boards and see the same type threads about recruits everywhere. The only difference is the number of posters so therefore some schools(CU) don't have as many as Nebraska, Michigan, Ohio State, Flordia, Texas and Oklahoma funny those last 5 aren't having this problem.

All I know is if you want to be remembered by the measly few CU faithful, you better win a Heisman or go on to play for the Broncos. If you played for NU, you'll be a hero to an entire state for the rest of your life. And that folks, is the truth.

Like Bo Ruud, Corey McKeon, Andrew Shanle, Barry Turner, and the rest?

<_< I'd like to believe what you said is true, but let's face it, Husker fans have been simply vicious to some of the guys who played for NU this year.

All I know is if you want to be remembered by the measly few CU faithful, you better win a Heisman or go on to play for the Broncos. If you played for NU, you'll be a hero to an entire state for the rest of your life. And that folks, is the truth.

:bonez:steam:steam:bonez

I used to have an office in Omaha that was next door to where Jerry Tagge worked. 25 years after his last snap for the Huskers and he is still a god.

>>>T_O_B

:bonez:cheers:cheers:bonez

any kid who needs to read a forum board to decide where he goes to school is not using what few brains he has left.......

I doubt anyone is using a forum board to decide where to go, but I'm sure it affects the decision, simply by creating an impression about the fans. We have a chance to create a good impression or a bad impression. The fact is, to whatever slight extent is possible, the people who know (the coaches) are saying boards like this do have an affect on the recruiting process. It is not so bright to ignore that and shoot ourselves in the foot time and time again.