Huskers becoming Buffs

He's right, we are screwed, in hindsight Osborne was horrible. Having 10 high school kids decide to go somewhere else signals that Pelini was a bad hire. I'm burning all of my husker stuff right now.

I'm glad I see the light.

:bonez:steam:steam:bonez

Can't imagine that you have much Husker stuff so the fire will be a small one. This kind of talk makes me want to throw up. Have a quick trip back to supporting whoever it was before you decided to be a husker (no capital H for a reason). The epithany you had mid season during the '95 campaign (you know after we had won one NC and were steam rolling to another) didn't make you a husker fan it just showed you the way to the band wagon. Good bye, you won't be missed!

>>>T_O_B

He's right, we are screwed, in hindsight Osborne was horrible. Having 10 high school kids decide to go somewhere else signals that Pelini was a bad hire. I'm burning all of my husker stuff right now.

I'm glad I see the light.

Can't imagine that you have much Husker stuff so the fire will be a small one. This kind of talk makes me want to throw up. Have a quick trip back to supporting whoever it was before you decided to be a husker (no capital H for a reason). The epithany you had mid season during the '95 campaign (you know after we had won one NC and were steam rolling to another) didn't make you a husker fan it just showed you the way to the band wagon. Good bye, you won't be missed!

>>>T_O_B

I'm hoping that he forgot the "Insert Sarcasm Here" emoticon. <_<

You guys have to remember one thing, there are probably very few kids out there that have grown up Nebraska fans or even Colorado fans. Some kid in SoCal probably grew up a Trojan or a Bruin fan but as he developed and people around him realised that the kid had D-1 potentian then that kid probably started expanding their interest into other schools. When a kid commits to a particular school that he never had any interest in growing up then something had to sway that kid. It is probably the recruiter that did it. A good example is down here where I live, a kid out of Florida who is highle touted as a QB is named Star Jackson, he has verballed to Alabama, when some of the coaching changes were full blown Major Applewhite, the now OC at Alabama was rumored for a couple of jobs. Star came out and said that if Applewhite left, who recruited him, was to leave, then he would open up his recruiting again. This example clearly illustrates what occurs now in the recruiting of college football players, very few kids, or at least the super-studs, are committing themselves to the school but they are committing themselves to that particular recruiter or coach. Bryce Givens didn't commit to Nebraska at first because it was Nebraska, Bryce committed himself because he believed in the offensive system that Bill Callahan had brought to Nebraska and he thought this would be a great system to get noticed in 3-4 years by NFL scouts. The bottom line gentlemen is that these kids see college football as nothing more then a pitstop to the NFL and the chance of making millions and banging the likes of a Jessica Simpson. I know this theory may crush some of your spirit but this is now the reality of college football. Think of it as AA baseball, they will put on a smile and do the PR but they go home at night and fantasize about blocking for Tom Brady or throwing the rock to T.O.

You guys have to remember one thing, there are probably very few kids out there that have grown up Nebraska fans or even Colorado fans. Some kid in SoCal probably grew up a Trojan or a Bruin fan but as he developed and people around him realised that the kid had D-1 potentian then that kid probably started expanding their interest into other schools. When a kid commits to a particular school that he never had any interest in growing up then something had to sway that kid. It is probably the recruiter that did it. A good example is down here where I live, a kid out of Florida who is highle touted as a QB is named Star Jackson, he has verballed to Alabama, when some of the coaching changes were full blown Major Applewhite, the now OC at Alabama was rumored for a couple of jobs. Star came out and said that if Applewhite left, who recruited him, was to leave, then he would open up his recruiting again. This example clearly illustrates what occurs now in the recruiting of college football players, very few kids, or at least the super-studs, are committing themselves to the school but they are committing themselves to that particular recruiter or coach. Bryce Givens didn't commit to Nebraska at first because it was Nebraska, Bryce committed himself because he believed in the offensive system that Bill Callahan had brought to Nebraska and he thought this would be a great system to get noticed in 3-4 years by NFL scouts. The bottom line gentlemen is that these kids see college football as nothing more then a pitstop to the NFL and the chance of making millions and banging the likes of a Jessica Simpson. I know this theory may crush some of your spirit but this is now the reality of college football. Think of it as AA baseball, they will put on a smile and do the PR but they go home at night and fantasize about blocking for Tom Brady or throwing the rock to T.O.

:bonez:cheers:cheers:bonez

It's sad but true what you have just said BB. Wanting to be in the NBA has done a lot of harm to college basketball. I hate to see it happen to football but it probably will.

Oyster Stew on Christmas Eve.

You and yours have a wonderful holiday and enjoy the hell out of Disney World!!

>>>T_O_B

:cheers:cheers:bonez:cheers:cheers:bonez:cheers:cheers

Great post and you are right on. The face of college football as we knew it has changed and now it's about how fast can you make me succesful and how many endorsement's can I get. :hmmph

Great post and you are right on. The face of college football as we knew it has changed and now it's about how fast can you make me succesful and how many endorsement's can I get. :hmmph

:yeah

The older I get the more I realize that "The Good Old Days" were just that.

Except in the winter when we had to walk to school. Up hill both ways and usually through 3 feet of snow and into a 30 mile an hour wind.

>>>T_O_B

:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers