The Haircut

One day a florist goes to a barber for a haircut. After the cut he asked about his bill and the barber replies, "I cannot accept money from you. I'm doing community service this week.

"The florist was pleased and left the shop. When the barber goes to open his shop the next morning there is a 'thank you' card and a dozen roses waiting for him at his door.

Later, a cop comes in for a haircut, and when he tries to pay his bill, the barber again replies, "I cannot accept money from you I'm doing community service this week." The cop is happy and leaves the shop. The next morning when the barber goes to open up there is a 'thank you' card and a dozen donuts waiting for him at his door.

Later that day, a college professor comes in for a haircut, and when he tries to pay his bill, the barber again replies, "I cannot accept money from you. I'm doing community service this week." The professor is very happy and leaves the shop. The next morning when the barber opens his shop, there is a 'thank you' card and a dozen different books, such as "How to Improve Your Business" and "Becoming More Successful."

Then, a lawyer comes in for a haircut, and when he goes to pay his bill the barber again replies, "I cannot accept money from you. I'm doing community service this week." The lawyer is very happy and leaves the shop. The next morning when the barber goes to open up, there are a dozen lawyers lined up waiting for a free haircut.

And that, my friends, illustrates the fundamental difference between the citizens of our country and the members of the ABA.

Tis the reason lawyers rule the world...

probably a good thing for you Shakespeare doesnt have a legion of followers who do...

Ah, I assume you are referring to the quote from Henry VI - "The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers." If so, some context will bring enlightenment.

Even a cursory reading of the context in which the "lawyer killing" statement is made in King Henry VI, Part II, (Act IV), Scene 2, reveals that Shakespeare was paying great and deserved homage to the venerable profession as the front line defenders of democracy.

The accolade is spoken by Dick the Butcher, a follower of anarchist Jack Cade, whom Shakespeare depicts as "the head of an army of rabble and a demagogue pandering to the ignorant," who sought to overthrow the government. Shakespeare's acknowledgment that the first thing any potential tyrant must do to eliminate freedom is to "kill all the lawyers" is, indeed, a classic and well-deserved compliment to the distinguished profession.

Just ask George Bush...

probably a good thing for you Shakespeare doesnt have a legion of followers who do...

Ah, I assume you are referring to the quote from Henry VI - "The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers." If so, some context will bring enlightenment.

Even a cursory reading of the context in which the "lawyer killing" statement is made in King Henry VI, Part II, (Act IV), Scene 2, reveals that Shakespeare was paying great and deserved homage to the venerable profession as the front line defenders of democracy.

The accolade is spoken by Dick the Butcher, a follower of anarchist Jack Cade, whom Shakespeare depicts as "the head of an army of rabble and a demagogue pandering to the ignorant," who sought to overthrow the government. Shakespeare's acknowledgment that the first thing any potential tyrant must do to eliminate freedom is to "kill all the lawyers" is, indeed, a classic and well-deserved compliment to the distinguished profession.

Just ask George Bush...

:o My head hurts and I guess I'm not cultured!!!! :o

Just ask George Bush...

Ha, I love Shakespeare. :cheers

Just ask George Bush...

Don't worry Drowning AR will explain it to you using a coloring book and a soft rubber mallet.