OK, what are the positives from Pederson's Tenure

Let's learn to forgive...

What are the positives you remember from AD Pederson's regime for his year's as Nebraska's AD. I'm out of the loop on a lot of day to day press releases and this is going to as educational for me as a chance to forgive the man. I do follow men's basketball and baseball. I was hoping that Pederson hired Anderson but from the dates of services it appears it was a Byrne hire.

Positives:

Basketball - Head Coach Doc Stadler

Football - Husker Pavillion (although it competed directly with the Alumni Assn's. pre-game events)

Football - Fund Raising for the new facilities and North Stadium Expansion/updated concourses

Football - Re-estbishing ties with the Alumni Assn. to help him sell unsold football tickets to the Alumni

I'm looking forward to your additions...

I guess I'm not willing to concede anything to Pud with regards to men's BB because Danny Nee did get us a Big 8 Championship and a couple tournament invites. Also, men's BB used to run in the black financially under his tenure. I guess what I'm saying is that the basketball program was once somewhat respectable a decade ago. IMO, Pud landing Sadler was just dumb luck.

I will give him cudos on upgrading our facilities and stadium. IMO, recruiting really suffered 5-8 years ago because our facilities weren't really up to snuff with regards to the higher tier Big 12 programs. He did change all of this. Unfortunately, he wasn't willing to do it until he got to hire "his" coach.

I also think he was pretty good with his administrative duties in terms of money management. Didn't the sports budget actually decrease for this upcoming year? Typically, the budget doesn't get smaller unless there's some very good money management going on.

I guess I'm not willing to concede anything to Pud with regards to men's BB because Danny Nee did get us a Big 8 Championship and a couple tournament invites. Also, men's BB used to run in the black financially under his tenure. I guess what I'm saying is that the basketball program was once somewhat respectable a decade ago. IMO, Pud landing Sadler was just dumb luck.

I will give him cudos on upgrading our facilities and stadium. IMO, recruiting really suffered 5-8 years ago because our facilities weren't really up to snuff with regards to the higher tier Big 12 programs. He did change all of this. Unfortunately, he wasn't willing to do it until he got to hire "his" coach.

I also think he was pretty good with his administrative duties in terms of money management. Didn't the sports budget actually decrease for this upcoming year? Typically, the budget doesn't get smaller unless there's some very good money management going on.

Yeah, it wasn't like he was employing a 15,000 dollar a month hatchet man to come in every-month.... oh wait never-mind <_<:sarcasm

Let's learn to forgive...

What are the positives you remember from AD Pederson's regime for his year's as Nebraska's AD. I'm out of the loop on a lot of day to day press releases and this is going to as educational for me as a chance to forgive the man. I do follow men's basketball and baseball. I was hoping that Pederson hired Anderson but from the dates of services it appears it was a Byrne hire.

Positives:

Basketball - Head Coach Doc Stadler

Football - Husker Pavillion (although it competed directly with the Alumni Assn's. pre-game events)

Football - Fund Raising for the new facilities and North Stadium Expansion/updated concourses

Football - Re-estbishing ties with the Alumni Assn. to help him sell unsold football tickets to the Alumni

I'm looking forward to your additions...

It's Doc Sadler (not Stadler). And Doc was a very, very good hire at the eleventh hour (August 8, 2006) as the hoops season started soon-there-after.

I'm not a big fan of SP's tactics early on, but the fact is that SP is the one who created a vision for the North Stadium facilities almost immediately.

Also with facilities, SP cleaned up and reduced signage inside Memorial Stadium so that it seems more like a classic football atmosphere now.

The athletic department budget was streamlined and made more efficient by SP. Solidly in the black, as a matter of fact TO appreciated this most about the former A.D.

He didn't screw up the volleyball program....... :dunno

It must be noted that SP did take credit for the '06 VB title upon his return to Pitt...... :wacko: