Huskers win 8 or 9 next year ...atleast

Must have been 50 threads on this same thing last year.

Majority had NU winning 10 games and playing for the Big 12 title this year. :)

Most of the country thought the same thing. And they should have won 8 or 9 this year.

no-one... i mean NO-ONE... expected the blackshirts to just curl-up and die this year.

While we're dreaming here, try this one on...Iowa State will be the 2008 version of Kansas and take the Big 12 North.

Really! ISU returns 15 starters on offense and defense, including the entire O-Line. Lot's of RSF coming up along with a fairly decent recruiting class (for ISU anyway...lots of big Texas kids)...and the schedule is favorable for once. All the "big" games will be at home.

South Dakota State - (H) - Win

Kent State - (H) - Win

Iowa - (A) - Win - (these guys are going to suck)

UNLV - (A) - Win

Kansas - (H) - Win - At home, and these guys were a one hit wonder in 2007

Baylor - (A) - Win - Baylor should drop football and stick with...uh...field hockey maybe?

Nebraska - (H) - Win - We always win in Ames in years that end in 8

A&M - (H) - Win - Home field advantage gives Cyclones the edge

OK State - (A) - Win - Growing confidence against an average opponent

Colorado - (A) - Win - It's Colorado, how could it not be a win

Missouri - (H) - Win - Snowstorm will slow them down...hopefully

K State - (A) - Win - These guys will have quit again by now

Then...it's on to the Big 12 Championship and the annual slaughter of the North by Oklahoma. After that...a short trip to the Fiesta Bowl where ISU can be soundly thrashed in front of a nationwide audience!

So there you go...12-0, Big 12 North Champions and ranked #1 going into the B12 Championship game. Bwhahahaha!

Haha, Loving it Cy. Everything's fair game when we are speculating a whole 9 months before the next season begins. I'm sure this is the first of like 100 some threads that will address the same topic until then, beating a dead horse won't even be sufficient to describe it.

While we're dreaming here, try this one on...Iowa State will be the 2008 version of Kansas and take the Big 12 North.

Really! ISU returns 15 starters on offense and defense, including the entire O-Line. Lot's of RSF coming up along with a fairly decent recruiting class (for ISU anyway...lots of big Texas kids)...and the schedule is favorable for once. All the "big" games will be at home.

South Dakota State - (H) - Win

Kent State - (H) - Win

Iowa - (A) - Win - (these guys are going to suck)

UNLV - (A) - Win

Kansas - (H) - Win - At home, and these guys were a one hit wonder in 2007

Baylor - (A) - Win - Baylor should drop football and stick with...uh...field hockey maybe?

Nebraska - (H) - Win - We always win in Ames in years that end in 8

A&M - (H) - Win - Home field advantage gives Cyclones the edge

OK State - (A) - Win - Growing confidence against an average opponent

Colorado - (A) - Win - It's Colorado, how could it not be a win

Missouri - (H) - Win - Snowstorm will slow them down...hopefully

K State - (A) - Win - These guys will have quit again by now

Then...it's on to the Big 12 Championship and the annual slaughter of the North by Oklahoma. After that...a short trip to the Fiesta Bowl where ISU can be soundly thrashed in front of a nationwide audience!

So there you go...12-0, Big 12 North Champions and ranked #1 going into the B12 Championship game. Bwhahahaha!

While I don't see them being next year's Kansas or Mizzou, I expect the Cyclones to be much-improved next year (though I don't foresee quantum leap in the record). The key is going to be how Meyer's replacement at QB plays. I could see a 6-6 season with the potential for maybe even 7 or 8 wins depending on how good Kansas and K-State are.

As far as the Huskers go, 8 wins would be good with next year's schedule, though to be completely honest I bet a friend 20 bucks that they'd get 9. :box

Nu 2008 prediction-- just for my entertainment only--

-- unbelieveably early!!

-- and totally worthless.

Western Michigan Broncos Aug 30-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln WIN

San Jose State Spartans Sept 6-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln WIN

New Mexico State Aggies Sept 13-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln WIN

Virginia Tech Hokies Sept 27-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln LOSS too much talent

Missouri Tigers Oct 4-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln LOSS MU is looking good

Texas Tech Red Raiders Oct 11-TBA Jones AT&T Stadium / Lubbock LOSS road game

Iowa State Cyclones Oct 18-TBA Jack Trice Stadium / Ames WIN

Baylor Bears Oct 25-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln WIN

Oklahoma Sooners Nov 1-TBA Memorial Stadium / Norman LOSS it's OU

Kansas Jayhawks Nov 8-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln LOSS KU is turning the corner

Kansas State Wildcats Nov 15-Bill Snyder Stadium / Manhattan WIN

Colorado Buffaloes Nov 28 or 29-TBA Memorial Stadium / Lincoln LOSS CU is coming around

-- 6-6 lots of players back from a poor 5-7 team. first year HC, mostly new coaching staff.

ISU returns 15 starters on offense and defense, from a 3-9 team.

South Dakota State - (H) - WIN

Kent State - (H) - WIN

Iowa - (A) - WIN -

UNLV - (A) - WIN

Kansas - (H) - LOSS

Baylor - (A) - WIN

Nebraska - (H) - LOSS

A&M - (H) - LOSS

OK State - (A) - LOSS

Colorado - (A) - LOSS

Missouri - (H) - LOSS

K State - (A) - LOSS

5-7 slight improvement

opinions vary

GO BO!!

Reality check

W 08/30 Western Mich.

W 09/06 San Jose St.

W 09/13 New Mexico St.

L 09/27 Virginia Tech

L 10/04 Missouri

L 10/11 @ Texas Tech

W 10/18 @ Iowa State

W 10/25 Baylor

L 11/01 @ Oklahoma

L 11/08 Kansas

W 11/15 @ Kansas St.

W 11/28 or 29 Colorado

It's only January. I would prefer to see 8 wins as the benchmark for the upcoming season. And would be nice to see the d play tougher throughout the year.

While I don't see them being next year's Kansas or Mizzou, I expect the Cyclones to be much-improved next year (though I don't foresee quantum leap in the record). The key is going to be how Meyer's replacement at QB plays. I could see a 6-6 season with the potential for maybe even 7 or 8 wins depending on how good Kansas and K-State are.

As far as the Huskers go, 8 wins would be good with next year's schedule, though to be completely honest I bet a friend 20 bucks that they'd get 9. :box

Bah...we won't miss any of those silly seniors that are graduating. Meyer...overrated. I mean, just because a guy becomes only the 3rd player in Big 12 history to gain over 10,000 yards in his career doesn't mean he was any good...anyway, we have us a couple of Freshmen and some 2-star recruits at QB (why we plan on signing 4 QB recruits...I have no idea) so we won't even miss Meyer. And what about those other two stiffs on offense. Blythe, the ISU career reception leader? Barksema, the 4 year starter at TE? Big deal...we got us plenty of hot recruits to take their places...any goof can catch a football. Besides...we got rid of ol Barney...pawned him off on some other loser Big 12 team...so the offense is on it's way to the top!

On defense...sure, we lost Rubin, a solid NT...but he was too fat. Fat guys shouldn't play football. Costs too much to get equipment for em, and at ISU we're all about saving money. That DT, Braaksma? Who cares...I kept getting him mixed up with our TE, Barksema. Saves announcers and broadcasters a lot of trouble with those two gone. Oh sure, we lose our two starting OLB but Bowen didn't really deserve to be a two-time All-Big 12 second teamer...if he was any good he would have been on the first team, and he wouldn't have nicknamed himself "Ace". The other one, that Banks guy....he wasn't even quite as good as Bowen! If he would have nicknamed himself "Duce" though...then he would have been cool! Ace and Duce at OLB for ISU. We'll replace those two tomato cans with a couple of jokers and we won't even miss those guys. The only other kid graduating is that Berg kid...and he was from Nebraska anyway so he was a basketcase from day 1.

Ha...with our huge group of one and two star recruits and incoming group of mediocre or questionable JC talent...it's Champions of the Big 12 North baby! (use your best Vitale imitation there...)