CU Posters Take

I like threads where just ordinary fans can discuss a topic such as this one. Who gives a crap about what colors they wear? Here is my take, while at CU he did a good job and helped us get to a BCS bowl. I was very dissapointed in our offensive gameplan against Oregon in the Fiesta Bowl. It seemed like he had gotten away from what worked and figured he had tried to and outsmart his opponent when he had the horses up front to keep it simple. Now the reason coordinators remain coordinators is that the general synopsis from these guys is that they do not have what it takes to make the next leap. Does Watson fit that mold, it is hard for me to be the judge, for I too do not have what it takes to make the leap to the next level. I think he will do well for you guys over the next couple of seasons because you have the offensive talent to put points on the board. In the long run your guess is as good as mine.

I like threads where just ordinary fans can discuss a topic such as this one. Who gives a crap about what colors they wear? ....

Yeah..Me too. :cheers

I appreciate reading your posts..

Probably my biggest reluctance in joining this board, was the fear it would be some homer posting the obvious..then a dozen more posters writing :yeah

I enjoyed cutting my teeth at a Gator Board first..just to poke them a little and pretend to myself that fans of MY team had more class than to jump on each other just because they can.

But I degrease..

Thanks BeachBuffs. This is what I was looking for. One thing for sure is Watson likes smash-mouth football and will run the ball more. But I still see a pro passing game to go along with it. What I don't see is us throwing 58 passes again.

One thing I remember is Watson didn't run any option that year. Was his QB not a runner? As it was, his power running got them the Big 12 championship against what might had been a more talented UT team. BuffsontheRise mentioned that Watson was never successful against a more talented team, but here is a case where maybe he was. But having the option in his offense perhaps might had helped Watson against Oregon?

One thing I remember is Watson didn't run any option that year. Was his QB not a runner? As it was, his power running got them the Big 12 championship against what might had been a more talented UT team. BuffsontheRise mentioned that Watson was never successful against a more talented team, but here is a case where maybe he was. But having the option in his offense perhaps might had helped Watson against Oregon?

Bobby Pesavento was a ludicrously slow runner, so the option was completely out of the question until 2002, when we had Robert Hodge at QB (who was fairly fast, but was quite possibly the least adept passer to start at quarterback for a D1 school in the past 20 years).

I wouldn't say that the Buffs "always" lost out to the more talented team while Watson was here, but they usually did. Barnett and Watson had a knack for putting a consummately sub par product on the field for 8 straight weeks, then suddenly rolling Buster Douglas out of the tunnel for a game that we had no business competing in. The '99 and '00 Nebraska games come to mind, '01 Texas and Kansas State would apply here (though that team was actually good), as would '02 KState and '03 Oklahoma (a game which we lost, but had every opportunity to win against an OU team that had been beating all of their opponents by 30+ before that game).

Sorry hack..

I'd just read a thread with a lot of I degress" in it and I didn't know exactly what that word meant..Thought I'd change it to an easier word. <_<

It's digress, you yutz.

Yeesh, you must be suffering the ravages of oldtimers disease.

Yeah..It started in 8th grade back in 1974??? ...I forget.

But I SWERVE..