This Tradition above all others...

:bonez:steam:steam:bonez

I have been a Nebraska fan for almost 40 years and the one thing that always remained constant until year 2000 was that we were superbly conditioned. During the glory years I vividly remember linemen, both OL and DL standing on the sidelines at the beginning of the 4th qtr. with 4 fingers held high signifing that the Huskers owned the 4 qtr. We seriously need to get back to this tradition above all. If you don't agree just re-watch the 4th qtr. of the '95 Orange bowl when Miami QB Frank Costa was continually sacked by the Blackshirts and DT Warren Sapp hung his head after every offensive play.

We need to again "Own the Forth Quarter."

GBR

>>>T_O_B

:bonez:cheers:cheers:bonez

This Tradition above all others...

...winning.

It's the only tradition that really counts.

To get there, all the usual cliches apply.

Better:

desire

conditioning

blocking

tackling

running

passing

special teams

etc

etc

... wins games.

Just win baby.

Then it's all good.

:woo:woo:woo

GO BO!!

:bonez:steam:steam:bonez

I have been a Nebraska fan for almost 40 years and the one thing that always remained constant until year 2000 was that we were superbly conditioned. During the glory years I vividly remember linemen, both OL and DL standing on the sidelines at the beginning of the 4th qtr. with 4 fingers held high signifing that the Huskers owned the 4 qtr. We seriously need to get back to this tradition above all. If you don't agree just re-watch the 4th qtr. of the '95 Orange bowl when Miami QB Frank Costa was continually sacked by the Blackshirts and DT Warren Sapp hung his head after every offensive play.

We need to again "Own the Forth Quarter."

GBR

>>>T_O_B

:bonez:cheers:cheers:bonez

Bull --- I could not agree more. I loved those days when NU was the brute and the opponent the brutalized. These past years --- really even going back before Callahan a little (though most pointedly under Callahan) NU was the brutalized and almost every opponent was the brute.

That all starts in the weight room. Lets hope it starts now.

What always, always set NU apart from other teams was the physicality of them. When you played NU, you needed two weeks to recover from it. Win or lose, the other team would limp away from the hits. If you watch enough football, you notice the team that usually wins is the one that is the most physical.