Say goodbye to Fabian

kramer

I know Fabian didn't play great at times, but he always seemed to be the leader of the secondary. This is not good news guys... BC needs to really turn up the heat and land Adam-Meyers White and Reggie Smith....Leon Jackson on def (?).... Right now I am unsure of who the CB will be next yr... wait until signing day and spring ball. :(

Man, I hope the Washington got some good advice from someone and talked to some scouts first - McCollum has him listed as the #7 CB in the draft (probably 60+ overall pick) - not really all that high. Especially since he's behind that kid from LSU and Rolle from Miami in the same position.

I hope everything works out well for him - wish him best of luck.

IRISH!

Finally..... Although disappointing from a fan's perspective, it is refreshing to see a young man leave the program with good intentions.... News reports say that he made his decision last week after a long time friend had been killed, and also do to the fact that his younger brother lives in a gang infested area....Sounds like he decided that life is too short to put your dreams on hold, and that he would like to have the resources to help his family.....You have to admire that....Good Luck to Fabian and thanks for coming to Lincoln. :worship

Finally..... Although disappointing from a fan's perspective, it is refreshing to see a young man leave the program with good intentions.... News reports say that he made his decision last week after a long time friend had been killed, and also do to the fact that his younger brother lives in a gang infested area....Sounds like he decided that life is too short to put your dreams on hold, and that he would like to have the resources to help his family.....You have to admire that....Good Luck to Fabian and thanks for coming to Lincoln. :worship

Good point HANC.

Thanks to Fabian for busting his ass over the past few years and hanging in there during some of the program's darkest hours. He could have easily succumbed to all of the pressure and made things a lot worse than they already were, but he stayed in his shoes and went about his business. Best of luck to Fabian in his personal and professional career.

Just listened to a live interview with Fabian (1620 the zone).... very good interview...Fabian sounds like he has got it together.... states family as only reason he is leaving....Had very positive things to say about staff, recruits, and future of Nebraska..... Took all the blame for his "down" season... Said it was his fault he played poor at times, not the system/coaching... Also said it is very difficult to leave the program, but family concerns made the decision "easy".....

This guy has nothing to hide, no reason to "protect" the program, so I feel better about the whole picture..... Fabian said he has no idea why other players have spouted the bullsh#$@ that has been said. :worship

Just listened to a live interview with Fabian (1620 the zone).... very good interview...Fabian sounds like he has got it together.... states family as only reason he is leaving....Had very positive things to say about staff, recruits, and future of Nebraska..... Took all the blame for his "down" season... Said it was his fault he played poor at times, not the system/coaching... Also said it is very difficult to leave the program, but family concerns made the decision "easy".....

This guy has nothing to hide, no reason to "protect" the program, so I feel better about the whole picture..... Fabian said he has no idea why other players have spouted the bullsh#$@ that has been said. :worship

Interesting spin on things from a guy who could have trashed Callahan if he wanted to. If anything, he would have been the guy that I thought would have really blasted Callahan if he felt things were as bad as the Birkels and Brundgardts are saying. Good luck to Fabian and his family, that's unfortunate that he can't complete his degree right now so he has something to fall back on, but I think he had his mind up before this season anyways.

If I remember right (and I do) he considered leaving last year. These players really want to see this program flourish again, so why would they bash it? Most of them have been Husker fans all their life, and unlike the coaching staff, they love this program and understand and RESPECT the tradtions of NU football, and they have poured their blood, sweat, and tears into it (unlike the coaches).

It was good to see him take the blame for his poor performance, too bad the staff wont do the same.

If I remember right (and I do) he considered leaving last year. These players really want to see this program flourish again, so why would they bash it? Most of them have been Husker fans all their life, and unlike the coaching staff, they love this program and understand and RESPECT the tradtions of NU football, and they have poured their blood, sweat, and tears into it (unlike the coaches).

It was good to see him take the blame for his poor performance, too bad the staff wont do the same.

Oh, but I forgot, Im sure this is all Solich's fault.

Good luck Fabian. I think it would have been best for him to wait a year. However, he seems to want to do this for his family. best of luck in the draft.

He says the relationship with the coaches is good and has nothing to do with his leaving. I tend to believe him, but am not 100% sure. I know if I was declaring for the NFL draft, I wouldn't want to bad-mouth my former bosses

I wonder how his knee is doing? To me he just didn't look well after the Pitt game. Of course, who did?

It will be interesting to see who steps up at CB. Double D, Titus Brothers, Grix, or one of the newcomers. I will be suprised if Bowman doesn't start next fall.