Interesting Segment Today on 1620 the Zone

you mean segment 6?

negative ghostrider...I should have been more clear...Keller's interview is segment 6...I found the editorial that preceeds the interview with Kent Wolgamott, which is the title of segment 7, a little more interesting. Kent doesn't start till about ten minutes in, the rest is discussion about some things Keller had mentioned.

I always enjoyed listening to Sam Keller. I think his segment is very worth listening to. It's very, very rare you hear a player talk with that kind of poise and ease. It's usually just "uh...durr....<standard response>"

Sam still has to be one of my favorite Huskers.

I always enjoyed listening to Sam Keller. I think his segment is very worth listening to. It's very, very rare you hear a player talk with that kind of poise and ease. It's usually just "uh...durr....<standard response>"

Really?? One of your favorites?? Not saying he's a bad guy or anything, but there are way more former players ahead of him on my "favorites" list. In fact he doesn't even sniff my favorites list!

Okay, well, to be fair I have a lot of favorite Huskers.

I wasn't really around for some of the old days so I can only remember some of the more recent ones. And Sam was with us for a very short time, but still in that time he's impressed me a lot. (Okay, maybe not as much with his on-field performance, but Lawrence Phillips impressed us all with his on-field performance and he's far, far from being one of my favorite Huskers)

Sam Keller is one of my favorite Huskers too. He was way more "Nebraska" than Bill Callahan ever was and Keller was here for just one year. Each time Keller speaks of Nebraska he does so with respect.

Keller is intelligent and well spoken. If he doesn't make it to the NFL, I have no doubt that he would make a great coach or a great analyst on TV. He certainly couldn't do any worse than those clowns on Fox doing the bowl games!