June Jones says "Aloha"......

I understand the amount of money he's getting, but who would wanna leave Hawaii for........Mississippi??

Hawaii has crappy training facilities due to budget restraints. Jones has argued with the staff in the past to upgrade but since every away game for all Hawaii sports is a 5 hour flight (avg) they don't have the money for anything else.

I understand the amount of money he's getting, but who would wanna leave Hawaii for........Mississippi??

Dallas. SMU is in Dallas.

Another incentive was recruiting budget. As I recall, he's had to deal with an annual budget of around $50,000.00. With travel costs, the Warriors don't really bring in many players for official visits - they have to just about 100% committed for that to happen.

With the high money rollers in Dallas, that won't be a problem...

Dallas. SMU is in Dallas.

Another incentive was recruiting budget. As I recall, he's had to deal with an annual budget of around $50,000.00. With travel costs, the Warriors don't really bring in many players for official visits - they have to just about 100% committed for that to happen.

With the high money rollers in Dallas, that won't be a problem...

Hawaii didnt bring hardly anyone to the islands, and the coaches NEVER went out to a player's home. Add in the facilities being a total dump, that the administration didnt want to put money into and you have the reason for the move. If there is one thing that SMU doesnt lack, it is money, hell that is how they got into the mess they are in now..

could be interesting... or it could be where his career dies a horrible, screaming death.

i'm just sayin'.

back before they got the 'death penalty', SMU a real force in the SWC. it's been twenty years since they were eviscerated their football program and they've never fully recovered.

SMU is an awesome campus. They were tough in football & basketball back in the day. I just hope Jones will bring back the old uniforms ( :woo ) and gets the team competitive again.

50_dickerson_scores.jpg

ed-smu-1.jpg

Eric Dickerson & Craig James = The Pony Express

ed-cj-color.jpg

Today's version of that is all crap:

1405190.jpeg