Coach Osborne interview on 1620

7 and 8 wins isn't acceptable...

That's your opinion.

Tom's just might be different for a first year head coach inheriting a 5-7 team with a 100+ ranked defense.

If Bo goes 6-6 or worse two years in a row, he'll be gone. 7 or better, he sticks.

That's why I always say...

..opinions vary.

GO BO!!

Another example of the huge differences between the Pederson administration and the Osborne administration. Pederson never would have allowed Callahan or other coaches to go on an Omaha radio station.

Bo hasn't been on 1620. What's your point?

I think Callahan was on once on 1620. It didn't go very well from what I can gather, which is why I guess he was never back.

7 and 8 wins isn't acceptable...

That's your opinion.

Tom's just might be different for a first year head coach inheriting a 5-7 team with a 100+ ranked defense.

If Bo goes 6-6 or worse two years in a row, he'll be gone. 7 or better, he sticks.

That's why I always say...

..opinions vary.

no, it is entirely dependent on how the team plays and signs of progress. TO remembers his tough years and he understands success takes time. as long as he is AD and i think some time beyond, as he will have significant input for his successor, this head coach (pelini) will get 5-6 years to turn in some impressive results.

there will be no revolving door, this time around. and there will likely be at least one signature win in the next 3 years.

I think Callahan was on once on 1620. It didn't go very well from what I can gather, which is why I guess he was never back.

Callahan was accidentally on the show, wasn't aware of the terms of contract. The previous administration granted Pinnacle exclusive rights to all Nebraska coaches and staff, making them unable to appear on other local or competing radio Networks (i.e. national shows don't apply). When Osborne was announced A.D., he somehow managed to void this, and since Sadler has been on 1620 as well.

Callahan was accidentally on the show, wasn't aware of the terms of contract. The previous administration granted Pinnacle exclusive rights to all Nebraska coaches and staff, making them unable to appear on other local or competing radio Networks (i.e. national shows don't apply). When Osborne was announced A.D., he somehow managed to void this, and since Sadler has been on 1620 as well.

ah, I see. Thanks.

Another example of the huge differences between the Pederson administration and the Osborne administration. Pederson never would have allowed Callahan or other coaches to go on an Omaha radio station.

Bo hasn't been on 1620. What's your point?

That's a friendly post.

I'm sure Bo will visit with Omaha stations at some point. He hasn't exactly had a lot of time. How's that for a point?

7 or 8 wins will be a major improvement over what we had this past season...not just the record, but in attitude. There is a lot of work to be done, attitudes abound need to change...coaches, players, and fans.

As fans we need to try hard to take a positive outlook on this teams performance next year. We need to get out of the attitude of constant criticism that has seeminly taken over this past season. There is already some improvement, but we (all of us) still have a ways to go.

Expectations should be a little low this next season, you have to remember there is a lot of baggage that this coaching staff and AD is not responsible for still around, and unless those players decide to give 100% to this staff, they are a problem. Then there is the matter of recruiting, this staff has not had the opportunity to go out from the start and go after what they deem as being needed.

I have the utmost faith that this season is our turning point....I don't think we have to worry about anything less than a 7-5 season....but that is MY speculation....

I'm actually confident that we'll have a winning season come next year.....seriously have you seen our schedule not something to brag about but we have like 5 home games in a row and 3 out of the five teams should be a likely win but who knows look at Michigan vs App. State hahaha. I can honestly say that Bo Pelini will be our Head Coach for more than 10 years I'm sure of this.

And yes we are losing some recruits but we're also gaining some too....we just got a new OL from Texas by the name of David Grant. Nothing against Dan Hoch but I would rather have a OL from Texas over an Iowa guy anyday...most of the talented players come from Texas.

I have total faith in our Coaches of 08' and I can't wait for the spring game...hell i'll be at the Nebraska vs Kansas baseball game the day before the Spring game in which I'll also be attending that one as well. GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this head coach (pelini) will get 5-6 years to turn in some impressive results.

A blanket statement like that won't wash. History says otherwise.

We'll have to see if Bo gets 5-6 years. I contend it depends on WINS, his first season is a gift, if EVERYTHING went wrong somehow and he finished under .500, he'll still get a pass. It would be his last pass however.

Two bad seasons in a row will sink him like a brick.

If he does well, he will be safe. As long as he doesn't backslide EVER. History shows that one bad season can cost a NU head coach his job (i.e. FS). And two bad seasons in four will get you canned also.

I think every new HC should get SIX years - regardless of the win/loss record (like mangino).

But this ain't Kansas.

and opinions as always-- vary.

GO BO!!