Bo Pelini's Contract ready to be signed!!!!!!!!

Apathy

Geaux Big Red!!!!!!!!

I really hope that doesn't catch on. I don't know what it is about it, but it makes me want to punch babies.

I could see Louisianans for Nebraska getting shirts made up with that.

Great for those of French Heritage but I doubt that alot of Nebraskans can claim that. And FWIW, I am pretty sure that Lincoln North Star uses the term "Geaux Gators." Which brings one strike for each word. Don't know why a school in the middle of the country has the Gator as its school mascot...whatever

Just wondering what greener pastures are out there and likely what big school will have an opening in the next 4 years? Ohio St is the only school

I could see BO bolting Nebraska for and while Tressel is losing the National Championship games I don't see him losing his job over it. (That would be a bigger mistake then getting rid of a coach going 9-3)

Michigan - Just got a coach

Florida - I don't see Myer leaving for awhile

USC - Carrol will be around

Oklahoma - Stoops 2 Big 12 Tittles and will probably win again next year

Notre Dame - Ok most likely a opening but that will happen next year before Pelini proves himself.

Texas - ?

Tennesse - ?

Can't think of any other coaching job out there that would be better then Nebraska if BO turns it around.

The pros? Would Pelini coaching style fit the pros? The rah rah style will work for kids but men getting paid I doubt it.

Actually, there's rumors going around that Carroll is being swooned by the Atlanta Falcons and they're offering him full control of footbal operations, and word is that he's very very intrested in taking it. However, even if Carroll does go, I doubt they'd go after Bo, there's better options for USC right now.

And all this talk of jumbalaya runzas has gotten me hungry.

Actually, there's rumors going around that Carroll is being swooned by the Atlanta Falcons and they're offering him full control of footbal operations, and word is that he's very very intrested in taking it. However, even if Carroll does go, I doubt they'd go after Bo, there's better options for USC right now.

I was talking about 4 years from now if BO turns it around not now.

Anyway I'm not sure what would be the bigger mistake.

Atlanta offerring Pete Carrol full control when he was so bad at New England and got replaced by Rich Kotite.

The team that went to the 1997 Super Bowl under Parcells declined in each of Carroll's seasons, bottoming out with an 8-8 last-place record when it beat Baltimore 20-3 Sunday after losing six of its previous seven games.

or

Pete Carrol leaving USC where he has the choice of the best recruit in the country for Atlanta.

My hope is that he takes the job and somehow USC AD is brain dead and hires Callahan.

I was talking about 4 years from now if BO turns it around not now.

Anyway I'm not sure what would be the bigger mistake.

Atlanta offerring Pete Carrol full control when he was so bad at New England and got replaced by Rich Kotite.

The team that went to the 1997 Super Bowl under Parcells declined in each of Carroll's seasons, bottoming out with an 8-8 last-place record when it beat Baltimore 20-3 Sunday after losing six of its previous seven games.

or

Pete Carrol leaving USC where he has the choice of the best recruit in the country for Atlanta.

My hope is that he takes the job and somehow USC AD is brain dead and hires Callahan.

Haha! Callahan to USC, one could only hope.

Just wondering what greener pastures are out there and likely what big school will have an opening in the next 4 years? Ohio St is the only school

I could see BO bolting Nebraska for and while Tressel is losing the National Championship games I don't see him losing his job over it. (That would be a bigger mistake then getting rid of a coach going 9-3)

Michigan - Just got a coach

Florida - I don't see Myer leaving for awhile

Oklahoma - Stoops 2 Big 12 Tittles and will probably win again next year

Notre Dame - Ok most likely a opening but that will happen next year before Pelini proves himself.

Texas - ?

Tennesse - ?

Can't think of any other coaching job out there that would be better then Nebraska if BO turns it around.

The pros? Would Pelini coaching style fit the pros? The rah rah style will work for kids but men getting paid I doubt it.

Lets consider this by looking at excerpts from his wikipedia bio--

Biography

Playing career

Pelini was raised in Youngstown, Ohio, a former center of steel production with a strong athletic tradition. After graduating from Youngstown Cardinal Mooney High School (the same high school as Oklahoma Sooners Head Coach Bob Stoops), he went on to play free safety for the Ohio State University Buckeyes under Earle Bruce and later John Cooper from 1987 to 1990, as a starter in his last two years. Pelini served as a team co-captain in his senior year, along with Vinnie Clark, Jeff Graham and Greg Frey. He earned his bachelor’s degree in business marketing from the Ohio State University in 1990 while playing for the Buckeyes.

HC at OHIO STATE is a natural.

Coaching career

Following his playing career, Pelini began his coaching career at the University of Iowa as a graduate assistant from 1991 to 1992 for the Iowa Hawkeyes under Hayden Fry. During this period, he also completed his master’s degree in sports administration from Ohio University in 1992. In 1993, at the conclusion of his two-year term as graduate assistant at Ohio, he served for one year as quarterbacks coach at Cardinal Mooney High School in Youngstown.

Hmmm... IOWA TIES AS WELL. Doubt he'd take an HC job there, unless the situation $$ is just right.. Ferentz has a sweet deal there, and a forgiving fanbase.

HC at Ohio U... don't think so! :nutz

In 1994, Pelini got his first start in the National Football League when he was hired by San Francisco 49ers head coach George Seifert as a scouting assistant. He was quickly promoted to assistant secondary coach, and by the spring of 1994 he had been promoted again to Defensive Backs Coach. In 1995, in his new position, he coached in his first Super Bowl as the 49ers defeated the San Diego Chargers 49-26 in Super Bowl XXIX.

WOW -- PROS... S.F. , PATS, PACKERS, with nearly a decade in the PROS, maybe any pro team coordinator or HC position would get him.

In 1997 Pelini was hired by New England Patriots head coach Pete Carroll, again as defensive backs coach, helping the Patriots reach the playoffs twice during his three years there. In 1997, Patriots linebacker Chris Slade was the first member of the New England team to be invited to the Pro Bowl since 1989.

In 2000, Pelini became the Linebackers Coach for the Green Bay Packers under head coach Mike Sherman. Green Bay posted a 33-15 record and reached the playoffs twice in Pelini's three years there as linebackers coach.

Pelini returned to the college ranks in 2003 when he was hired as Defensive Coordinator for the Nebraska Cornhuskers by Head Coach Frank Solich.

Hmm.. OU ties

For 2004, Pelini joined the Oklahoma Sooners as co-defensive coordinator under head coach Bob Stoops, helping the Sooners to a 6th place national rushing defense and 11th place national scoring defense on their way towards winning the 2004 Big 12 Championship Game and a spot in the 2005 BCS National Championship Game, where they were defeated 55-19 by the University of Southern California.

LSU would be a good fit as well..

In 2005 Pelini was hired by Louisiana State University Tigers Head Coach Les Miles, again as defensive coordinator. His success continued, as LSU was ranked 3rd nationally in overall defense for each of his three years with the Tigers. At the conclusion of the 2007 regular season, LSU defeated Tennessee 21-14 in the 2007 SEC Championship Game and was selected to play Pelini's alma mater, Ohio State, in the 2008 BCS National Championship Game.[2] [3]

As much time at OU as NU, more time at LSU than both.... he's at NU for now!!

During the 2007 football season, Nebraska Chancellor Harvey Perlman fired athletic director Steve Pederson, and appointed former Cornhuskers head coach Tom Osborne as Interim Athletic Director. One day after the Cornhuskers' final game of the season, a 65-51 loss to Colorado, Osborne fired Bill Callahan and announced an immediate search for a new football coach. Pelini was selected after a nine-day search as the next head coach. Two names revealed among five interviewed candidates included Buffalo head coach Turner Gill, and Wake Forest head coach Jim Grobe.

In short, Bo doesn't stay anywhere very long and it looks like several destinations could land Bo given the right circumstances.

GO BO!!

Geaux Big Red!!!!!!!!

I really hope that doesn't catch on. I don't know what it is about it, but it makes me want to punch babies.

I'd like to join your BPP (baby punching party) if that continues, all of this glombing on to LSU and their championship and correlating it to our success is starting to really annoy me.

Getting back to the topic, the way Bo talks about Nebraska, he seems to have a great passion and loyalty for the program. With the exception of Gill, I don't see the other coaching candidates, such as Grobe, having that kind of passion. Again, with the exception of Gill, I think the chances of Pelini staying around are much better than the other candidates. Of course this all depends on how successful Pelini is.

But I like the think the longer he is here, the more the program will grow on him. And the longer he is coaching here perhaps would lessen his appeal for OSU -- if there is any proof that he has a desire to coach there some day. All I know is he told the LSU players that Nebraska is his dream job, and I don't see him giving those players a bunch of B.S. Bo is straight shooter, and I think he is truly sincere about what he said to those players. There is one thing saying that to the media versus saying that to players he has coached. So, with the possible exception of OSU and depending on how successful he is, I see him here for the long term. I don't see him as an opportunist looking for the highest salary. Gee, he wasn't even that worried about the contract.

Somebody might have already mentioned this (it is almost 4 in the morning and my brain's about to magically turn to tapioca) but I think Pelini might be here for the long haul...

The scenario's stated before are definitely plausable, but TO's the AD right now, and I know i'm being way to optimistic, but I think that in converstations with TO, Bo realizes that he's got a chance to "restore the order" and add his name to the long list of great Husker coaches. And with things the way they are, i'm not even sure if he would take the Ohio State job, if it came available.