Its time we changed...

T_O_Bull

:bonez:steam:steam:bonez

Steve Peterson coined the term "Husker Nation." Thanks Steve, but I always felt it was a bit cold and didn't necessairly have the heat or passion that I felt as a Husker fan. I also felt it spread us out a bit too much and didn't represent the closeness I feel toward all those thousands of Husker fans who are bonded by our loyalty the the BIG RED. I, therefore, call on all my BIG RED Brothers and Sisters to banish the cold and distant Husker Nation of Steve Peterson Only to be reBOrn as HUSKER FAMILY. There is a closeness, a warmth, a fire and a passion that defines FAMILY. When you belong to a family you can disagree with, fight with and get mad at other members of your family but in the end it is the family and its members that you are loyal to and will always a part of. So my BIG RED Brothers and Sisters let us put asunder the term Husker Nation and for evermore be known as... HUSKER FAMILY.

>>>T_O_B

:bonez:cheers:cheers:bonez

Is this like Al Gore inventing the Internet?

Discussion of "Husker Nation" Origin

Living far enough away from most of my close nit family (and missing the dead ones even more when I go home), I don't get to see many of them every year..And probably will never see my 100's of cousins again, ever.

..It's almost more comforting when I realize there's a whole nation of my Husker Brothers and Sisters within 10 miles of about anywhere in the nation...And especially..Here on HuskerBoard.

And I've been using the term since the mid 70's.

(Another patent I should've applied for?).

Living far enough away from most of my close nit family (and missing the dead ones) I don't get to see many of them every year..And probably will never see my 100's of cousins again, ever.

..It's almost more comforting when I realize there's a whole nation of my Husker Brothers and Sisters within 10 miles of about anywhere in the nation...And especially..Here.

since the mid 70's? you old Arizona fart! I kid I kid...

I do know for certain that the first time this slogan was marketed was upon Steve Pederson's return, at the beginning of the 2003 Football season. Prior to the Oklahoma State game, he had former letterwinners appear on the field before the game, each wearing a maroon, 'Husker Nation' jersey. The department also marketed and sold Husker nation clothing and gear. I know this because my high school and college classmate, Jeff Abele, designed the logo.

Living far enough away from most of my close nit family (and missing the dead ones) I don't get to see many of them every year..And probably will never see my 100's of cousins again, ever.

..It's almost more comforting when I realize there's a whole nation of my Husker Brothers and Sisters within 10 miles of about anywhere in the nation...And especially..Here.

I do know for certain that the first time this slogan was marketed was upon Steve Pederson's return, at the beginning of the 2003 Football season. Prior to the Oklahoma State game, he had former letterwinners appear on the field before the game, each wearing a maroon, 'Husker Nation' jersey. The department also marketed and sold Husker nation clothing and gear. I know this because my high school and college classmate, Jeff Abele, designed the logo.

I knew I'd seen Pederson somewhere before.. <_<

It was my Sophomore year at UNL...A cousin of mine was at this party with some Gymnasts and he introduced me to this Senior Gymnast that had been on the North Platte Gym team with him..I said something to the effect that this party had pretty much a "Whole Bulldog Nation feel" to it...

I wonder if he marketed "Whole" & "Feel", too. (Georgia probably has the "Bulldog" part locked up).

Probably the 1st thing they teach you in Marketing 101..Find sayings in the popular vernacular and get a license on the ones that aren't already "Owned".

I knew I'd seen Pederson somewhere before.. <_<

It was my Sophomore year at UNL...A cousin of mine was at this party with some Gymnasts and he introduced me to this Senior Gymnast that had been on the North Platte Gym team with him..I said something to the effect that this party had pretty much a "Whole Bulldog Nation feel" to it...

I wonder if he marketed "Whole" & "Feel", too. (Georgia probably has the "Bulldog" part locked up).

Probably the 1st thing they teach you in Marketing 101..Find sayings in the popular vernacular and get a license on the ones that aren't already "Owned".

Wait a minute.."Old Arizona Fart".. <_<

Why..in my day...We respected our elders no matter how goofy they were.

I was born less than a month before Dave Rimington, and will always consider myself a "Nebraska Boy"..

Speaking of "Snowbirds" ...the traffic sure is thick with them this time of year in "The Valley of the Sun".

I'm thinking about putting a "Cow Catcher" on my car..or maybe mount a paintball gun under the chassis for all the text messagers/cell phone addicts slowing me down.

I was born less than a month before Dave Rimington, and will always consider myself a "Nebraska Boy"..

Speaking of "Snowbirds" ...the traffic sure is thick with them this time of year in "The Valley of the Sun".

I'm thinking about putting a "Cow Catcher" on my car..or maybe mount a paintball gun under the chassis for all the text messagers/cell phone addicts slowing me down.

:) like I said...I kid, I kid...

and those texters...son's o' bitches!!!

huskernation.

one word. one team. one goal.

total domination.

no exceptions.

Just thought about all the Huskers we have in the Armed Services..

How 'bout "HUSKERPLANET"?

Or for those of us who leave our bodies at times..HuskerUniverse

:) like I said...I kid, I kid...

and those texters...son's o' bitches!!!

Yeah..Me too!

Although in my head, my response sounded more like my 6-yr old's favourite comeback..

"What Tha?"