Its time we changed...

T_O_Bull

:bonez:steam:steam:bonez

Steve Peterson coined the term "Husker Nation." Thanks Steve, but I always felt it was a bit cold and didn't necessairly have the heat or passion that I felt as a Husker fan. I also felt it spread us out a bit too much and didn't represent the closeness I feel toward all those thousands of Husker fans who are bonded by our loyalty the the BIG RED. I, therefore, call on all my BIG RED Brothers and Sisters to banish the cold and distant Husker Nation of Steve Peterson Only to be reBOrn as HUSKER FAMILY. There is a closeness, a warmth, a fire and a passion that defines FAMILY. When you belong to a family you can disagree with, fight with and get mad at other members of your family but in the end it is the family and its members that you are loyal to and will always a part of. So my BIG RED Brothers and Sisters let us put asunder the term Husker Nation and for evermore be known as... HUSKER FAMILY.

>>>T_O_B

:bonez:cheers:cheers:bonez

Steve Peterson coined the term "Husker Nation." Thanks Steve, but I always felt it was a bit cold and didn't necessairly have the heat or passion that I felt as a Husker fan. I also felt it spread us out a bit too much and didn't represent the closeness I feel toward all those thousands of Husker fans who are bonded by our loyalty the the BIG RED. I, therefore, call on all my BIG RED Brothers and Sisters to banish the cold and distant Husker Nation of Steve Peterson Only to be reBOrn as HUSKER FAMILY. There is a closeness, a warmth, a fire and a passion that defines FAMILY. When you belong to a family you can disagree with, fight with and get mad at other members of your family but in the end it is the family and its members that you are loyal to and will always a part of. So my BIG RED Brothers and Sisters let us put asunder the term Husker Nation and for evermore be known as... HUSKER FAMILY.

>>>T_O_B

Charles Manson objects....as does Gomez & Morticia Addams

>>>T_O_B

Husker Nation sounds more intimidating...but I understand why you want to get rid of anything brought on by Ped. Not sure the Husker Family will stick...but then again, we are all about tradition and covering each other's back....so maybe. I think the phrase Husker Nation is unfortunately embedded into our history, and won't ever be gotten rid of completely.

IMHO "Husker Nation" is far superior to "Husker Family." Husker Family sounds a little dorky to me. I'm ok with dorky, but not for my football team.

:bang

I don't think you'd live long after you told Michael that the 'Corleone Family' was a little dorky. Sleep well with the fishes H-X-pat.

>>>T_O_B

IMHO "Husker Nation" is far superior to "Husker Family." Husker Family sounds a little dorky to me. I'm ok with dorky, but not for my football team.

:bang

I don't think you'd live long after you told Michael that the 'Corleone Family' was a little dorky. Sleep well with the fishes H-X-pat.

>>>T_O_B

you're right TOB, if you say 'Family' in that windy tone and throw out your chin, it's a whole different deal...