Were we as bad as we looked?

T_O_Bull

I think what the intent of the question was gets down to this. As bad as the Huskers were last year, is it quickly fixable?

I think the answer to that question is Yes.

With Ganz under center, the offense has the ability to score, the only real loss on offense is Purify, and there should be some guys(Paul, Brooks, Holt) who should be able to step up and fill the void at playmaking WR. All the running backs return, as do most of the O-linemen.

The defense, which is the largest culprit of the 5-7 debacle, should get new life with the new staff. No, it most likely will not be a top 10 or 20 defense, but going from 114 up to something in the 40s or 50s(which with Pelini is the very minimum of my expectations) there shouldnt be any games like we had this year where the offense is under the pressure of needing to score on every possession to keep up with the other team.

We WERE that bad...and in my mind, it was because of the attitude of everyone involved, including players, coaches, fans, and administration. Everyone gave up on this team...then the coaches to save their butts pointed the fingers at the players and said they were not executing their great plan. The players were so unfocused....when you get more blog time talking about who said what in a bar downtown than you do what they said after the game, that is a pretty good indication something is definitely wrong.

Once the fans started going negative, it was all but over for the coaching staff, and they knew it. It was like a freight train, once it got going, you couldn't stop it, either you got on it or you got run over.

The administration (Pud) was so busy patting himself on the back for bringing an NFL coach in that he was totally blind to the fact that BC's program was not working, would not work, and was doomed. That cost him his job...if he would have made BC make some coaching changes on the defense, he may still be here...who knows.

I hope that we are never in a position where we are comparing a Husker team to the 2007 Husker team. This was probably the darkest time in Husker history.

There is no way to deny that this was the worst team the Huskers could have ever dreamed of having. It was sad...

I think what the intent of the question was gets down to this. As bad as the Huskers were last year, is it quickly fixable?

I think the answer to that question is Yes.

With Ganz under center, the offense has the ability to score, the only real loss on offense is Purify, and there should be some guys(Paul, Brooks, Holt) who should be able to step up and fill the void at playmaking WR. All the running backs return, as do most of the O-linemen.

The defense, which is the largest culprit of the 5-7 debacle, should get new life with the new staff. No, it most likely will not be a top 10 or 20 defense, but going from 114 up to something in the 40s or 50s(which with Pelini is the very minimum of my expectations) there shouldnt be any games like we had this year where the offense is under the pressure of needing to score on every possession to keep up with the other team.

:yeah You got the point. Here come the Huskers and they are pissed off. :steam

For the love of god, it's "Osborne" not "Osbourne".

Not that it matters, but it's Cosgrove too.

:bang:bang:bang:bang

The errors have been corrected. I hope the Spelling Police will now be able to read the post and understand it. :sarcasm

Also a great big thank you to Miss Schmidt, my 7th grade English teacher who told me my spelling stunk.

I dated an English major in college and have a secretary now so most of the problem is solved.

>>>T_O_B

:wasted:wasted:wasted:wasted

The errors have been corrected. I hope the Spelling Police will now be able to read the post and understand it. :sarcasm

Also a great big thank you to Miss Schmidt, my 7th grade English teacher who told me my spelling stunk.

I dated an English major in college and have a secretary now so most of the problem is solved.

>>>T_O_B

:laughpound Man don't feel bad. I write arrest reports and search warrants all the time and if it weren't for spell check and our secretary I wouldn't survive!

was the team? yeah ... pretty close.

was our TALENT? no... not even close. we won 9 games the year before(should have been 10) yes we lost some, but not that much. the coaching was terrible. horrible. a good coach would have won 8 games or more with that team

Thats my exact interpretation of the question. Are the players as bad as they looked? no. These were top of the line athletes out of high school but the coaching staff neglected to further develop there fundamental football skills. Not to mention the strength and conditioning program has made me sick the last couple of years. You need a combination of speed and power on a defense and kennedy had turned them all into players that could break a running back in half but couldn't chase down an offensive lineman.

>>>T_O_B

:laughpound Man don't feel bad. I write arrest reports and search warrants all the time and if it weren't for spell check and our secretary I wouldn't survive!

:hellloooo Hey B-S-Guru, where you at in Texas? You married? I've got a nice, cute, ambitious, smart, with a good job neice down there, somewhere, whose jackass probably gay husbund just left her, she could use some good Husker friendship.

>>>T_O_B

:hellloooo:):hellloooo

dedhoarse

Dude, when you come up with some good topics that aren't "beating a dead horse" to talk about, then please, post them, until then...why don't you just let this thread be and let people discuss, we don't have anything else to conversate about for awhile. Sheesh.

"Boy, we sure were bad this year. It was probably the coach's fault because I KNOW our players are better than that."

That topic came up three times a week during the season. Excuse me for being sick of it.

dedhoarse

Dude, when you come up with some good topics that aren't "beating a dead horse" to talk about, then please, post them, until then...why don't you just let this thread be and let people discuss, we don't have anything else to conversate about for awhile. Sheesh.

"Boy, we sure were bad this year. It was probably the coach's fault because I KNOW our players are better than that."

That topic came up three times a week during the season. Excuse me for being sick of it.

Then don't open the thread, problem solved.

That is problem solving solution 3, and it's called a compromise....and it's not ideal.....but lets go with it anyway.

(office reference, thought you'd get it, with your sig and all.)